Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NoSoda Challenge

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I have a soda addiction. I drink a particular flavor like people smoke cigarettes.
I can relate to that, I used to be hooked on sodas. What worked well for me is I switched to water. Once you get into the habit of drinking it, water is incredibly refreshing. I'll still have a soda sometimes when I go out to eat though, that's my compromise. I don't really like restricting myself from things completely. Whether that would work for someone else probably depends on how many meals they eat out though, most of my meals are home cooked.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can relate to that, I used to be hooked on sodas. What worked well for me is I switched to water. Once you get into the habit of drinking it, water is incredibly refreshing. I'll still have a soda sometimes when I go out to eat though, that's my compromise. I don't really like restricting myself from things completely. Whether that would work for someone else probably depends on how many meals they eat out though, most of my meals are home cooked.
I enjoy water greatly now. I have actually come to enjoy coffee without anything added as well.

I will occasionally have a soda again. My goal here is 30 straight days without. Then I will allow one occasionally. The idea is it will be treated like an occasional treat or desert.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will occasionally have a soda again. My goal here is 30 straight days without. Then I will allow one occasionally. The idea is it will be treated like an occasional treat or desert.
Just not having it in the house can make a big difference. I've gotten to the point now where I can keep some in the fridge for guests sometimes, and I won't touch it. I couldn't have trusted myself with that at one time though.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 35. I've learned a lot from the Noom app. Turns out moderation is usually more successful than labeling a food as bad ot completely abstaining. So on day 31 I had some Dr. Pepler as a celebration of one month without. Turned out didn't taste that great indicating my taste changed for the better. Only drank 6 oz and started craving water to rewet my mouth. I couldn't be happier. I have also lost 10 lbs of fat so far and am well inside my ideal weight range. Only 5 lba away from my goal now. I have shed 3.75 inches off my belly.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noom went over the fact today that your metabolic rate decreases as you lose weight. So, it is important to do strength training to maintain muscle mass. Lean muscle burns more calories. It counteracts the decrease from losing weight.