"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Dudes that give themselves false excuses

Paper Crane

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
267
Reaction score
258
Age
30
I noticed alot of dudes give themselves false excuses as to why certain things in their life aren't going well or if they're not performing well.

My dude does this alot, he says **** like "man i didnt get enough sleep", "man its the artificial food coloring in the food i eat", "its because its too humid out", "its because my parents raised me like..."

He seems to have an excuse for everything when he's just not doing well in something.

But these are all false excuses. Why? Everyone doesn't do 100% perfect all the time. He has some kind of perfectionist issue and when he doesn't perform amazing or great or good, he feels the need to explain himself to others. It's like he's just so used to being judged, criticized or talked down that caused this "never good enough" mindset that when he's not doing good, he feels bad, guilty, or feels the need to explain himself.

I noticed the same thing in nice guys.. When something goes wrong or something doesn't go their way, they tend to blame themselves instead of think that it doesn't have to be anyones fault and that sometimes things don't fit together like a puzzle.

Theses same guys have some crazy successes, accomplishments and at times their confidence is insanely high. But they discount themselves so mcuh that they can never relish on the amazing moments that would skyrocket anyone elses confidence.
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Paper Crane

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
267
Reaction score
258
Age
30
Dude, I had a chick complain similar to this the other night.

She said, "Hank, your d!ck tastes nasty."

I replied, "Well, I just took it out your @ss. You just don't make the best decisions."

o--kay bud. lol i don't know how this is relevant but if you felt the need to share that with us, more power to you.
 

B80

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
926
Reaction score
675
Dude, I had a chick complain similar to this the other night.

She said, "Hank, your d!ck tastes nasty."

I replied, "Well, I just took it out your @ss. You just don't make the best decisions."
Did she also mention how it looks darker than tge rest of your body?
 

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 14, 2020
Messages
540
Reaction score
559
Age
32
Location
Germany
I noticed alot of dudes give themselves false excuses as to why certain things in their life aren't going well or if they're not performing well.

My dude does this alot, he says **** like "man i didnt get enough sleep", "man its the artificial food coloring in the food i eat", "its because its too humid out", "its because my parents raised me like..."

He seems to have an excuse for everything when he's just not doing well in something.

But these are all false excuses. Why? Everyone doesn't do 100% perfect all the time. He has some kind of perfectionist issue and when he doesn't perform amazing or great or good, he feels the need to explain himself to others. It's like he's just so used to being judged, criticized or talked down that caused this "never good enough" mindset that when he's not doing good, he feels bad, guilty, or feels the need to explain himself.

I noticed the same thing in nice guys.. When something goes wrong or something doesn't go their way, they tend to blame themselves instead of think that it doesn't have to be anyones fault and that sometimes things don't fit together like a puzzle.

Theses same guys have some crazy successes, accomplishments and at times their confidence is insanely high. But they discount themselves so mcuh that they can never relish on the amazing moments that would skyrocket anyone elses confidence.
thanks man. I recognize a lot of these behaviours in myself and I didn’t even realize that.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2020
Messages
782
Reaction score
712
Age
33
I'm one of those dudes but the thing is I use internalized complaints as motivation. If I'm too comfortable I'm useless. So every now and then I give away all my money, move into my car, and start from scratch again.
 

Paper Crane

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Messages
267
Reaction score
258
Age
30
thanks man. I recognize a lot of these behaviours in myself and I didn’t even realize that.
No problem man. I'm glad to hear that. Self awareness is everything in my opinion.


I'm one of those dudes but the thing is I use internalized complaints as motivation. If I'm too comfortable I'm useless. So every now and then I give away all my money, move into my car, and start from scratch again.

That's crazy man. I definitely dig that. Means you're super grounded and comfortable no matter what your situation is.
 
Top