Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Huge Dropoff in Forum Activity: Why?

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
5 to 10 years ago, forums of all kinds were poppin' all over the place. Megathreads with hundreds of replies in just a few days, endless but often nuanced hair splitting, flame wars some spilling over into IRL drama, etc.

Now, it seems like all forums on all matters have declined sharply in popularity. Instead, social media use has skyrocketed. I can sorta see the draw of the prospect of 15 minutes of fame, but it also seems like the downsides are incredibly dangerous, especially for your career and severe censorship. Nonetheless, ****ter, faceberg, and instagay have completely overtaken anonymous forums.

From what I can tell, online app dating has taken the lead for people in their 20's (tinder) and 30's (bumble) and with online websites for people 40+. Cold approaching is basically impossible these days, and even social circles are drying up with high school and college classes all being held on zoom.

So why aren't guys discussing dating in forums any longer? Has incel culture taken over? Has non anonymous social media reeled most would be forum users in instead?

Asseater

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forums just aren't popular discussion places like they used to be. However you go on youtube and there is no shortage of red pill guru grifters.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Forums just aren't popular discussion places like they used to be. However you go on youtube and there is no shortage of red pill guru grifters.
The amswer right here, people even use reddit which i never liked since the format is ugly and it's a liberal echo chamber.

New users on sosuave are hard to come by since people rather go on reddit or youtube to discuss dating.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The amswer right here, people even use reddit which i never liked since the format is ugly and it's a liberal echo chamber.

New users on sosuave are hard to come by since people rather go on reddit or youtube to discuss dating.
I'm new, but I like this place. I had several people ironically recommend it to me from youtube. A lot of you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, which I've been looking for a place like this for a while.

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
I've under-estimated how popular reddit has become. If so, it's a f'ing shame. Reddit is home to endless trannies, communists, soy-boy beta males, fags, vegans and biden worshipers.

It's terrifying the direction our country is moving towards.

Which youtubers do you all find interesting? I've seen vids from face/lms which are downright hilarious but he doesn't post vids very often, and when he does they are incredibly long and redundant.

Max Baker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Best youtubers for me since we are on the subject are CoachGregAdams, GrownMenBusiness, Coach Warren, Better Bachelor and sometimes Black Book Basics. They are a mix of MGTOW and red pill advice. I've found them very useful over the past 12 months.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which youtubers do you all find interesting? I've seen vids from face/lms which are downright hilarious but he doesn't post vids very often, and when he does they are incredibly long and redundant.
I like ToddVDating and AlphaMaleStrategies

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stephiscold always makes me laugh.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, human interaction is now illegal if you're a straight white male. #2. Feminism now runs North America, hence #1.
They managed to brainwash the current gen into thinking that gay is straight and regular interaction is tantamount to rape. These poor bastards never even had a chance. I'm so happy I got married ten years ago, the pickup scene is a mess. You can literally wind up in jail for a field report gone wrong.

Also their entire generation would rather QUIT than do anything that helps them. Its a product of being handed everything your whole life and never having to work for anything or go outside the house to talk to anyone. The smart phone generation has done this. Before, the internet used to be a place in the world that you could go to talk with people. Now the internet is the world and the outside is this mysterious territory full of monsters. I swear to god they think like this. One only needs to go to reddit and say anything at all and someone is ready to pounce, usually a broad or some white knight faggot.

The colonies are completely ****ed but that's a story for another thread.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have only been here since 2018 and I don't feel like the activity is down since then. I will say that some of the cornerstone posters from around that time like @Amate Sylvestre, @guru1000 , and others aren't around anymore. Wish they still were here because they were great guys to bounce things off of. We still have great posters though which makes this place invaluable.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a different world now. The internet was almost nothing but forums when it began. A lot disappeared because they were held legally responsible for anything anyone said and others were heavily moderatred, which stifled debate.

I think these kinds of forums have mostly been replaced by Facebook groups and the comments on YouTube videos. YouTube is a lot wilder because of the anonymity whearas Facebook is a bit dull.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great show - but thought the last couple of seasons kind of fell off a cliff in terms of quality. Once Clay was gone it wasn't near as interesting.
I agree but still I thought it was better than the Mayan's. Mayan's just didn't seem to be of the same caliber as SOA.
It was also refreshing as it didn't have any(hardly any) female agenda's in it. Booze, guns, bikes, chicks to fvck as property.. yeah totally opposite of feminism. LOL

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was better in 2002. People wrote longer posts. Myself included. Our short attention spans have gotten even sh...

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
I listened to a couple of better bachelor vids. I feel like they're retreading the same ol' ideas over and over again without any constructive advice.

I'm getting a bit tired of the redpill echo chamber. I'm more interested in constructive advice rather than rants and complaints.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people aren't interested in having any kind of informed discussion anymore. They just want to sit in their echo chamber and cling to the lies they're sold instead of bothering to think for themselves and question anything. People are a lot more conformist than they used to be.