"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

I've never ran into a single mom my entire life. Have you?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
From reading, I understand that Mother Teresa was a single mother.
However, as far as those I've actually ran into in real life here....
I've bumped into "divorced mothers" "widowed mothers" and "unmarried mothers"
.... but not once have I met a "single mom."
Have any of you?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,939
.... but not once have I met a "single mom."
I've met several, but I've never dated any of them. Unless I'm missing your meaning.
What's the difference between a "single mom" and an "unmarried mother"?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I’m assuming you are defining single as never married?
I've met several, but I've never dated any of them. Unless I'm missing your meaning.
What's the difference between a "single mom" and an "unmarried mother"?
Mother Teresa was a "single mom" because it's written that a man was not involved with her pregnancy.

In our day and age, the term "single mom" seems rather ambiguous. I've met a many a "divorced mother" a "widowed mother" and an "unmarried mother"... but never a "single mom" that was impregnated without a man.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,939
Mother Teresa was a "single mom" because it's written that a man was not involved with her pregnancy.
You're saying a "single mom" has to be an Immaculate Conception, a virgin birth?
Or would a test tube baby qualify?
Anyway, then no, I haven't met one.
 

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,330
Location
random
OP; what is the lesson for this one? Most of us would think of single mom as similar to the other names all meaning a woman with a baby and no man to help.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
OP; what is the lesson for this one? Most of us would think of single mom as similar to the other names all meaning a woman with a baby and no man to help.
Personally, I can sympathize for a child that has a dead-beat dad and/or an inactive father.
However, with the typical woman that wasn't smart enough to use contraceptives (if the man didn't or wouldn't) ... or actually wants to have a "baby daddy" situation... I got little to no sympathy to offer to her. In my eyes, that's not a "single mother." That's an "unmarried mother."

Here I was ... thinking that I had all my negative sexist labels in a row... and then zekko comes along and destroys my theory. haha
"Test Tube Baby" -I have no idea what to say. Good point!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
737
Age
67
Single mothers are the work of the Devil. That's all we need to know.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I think you mean the Virgin Mary, Jesus' mom, no? Mother Teresa was a 20th century saint. As far as I know she had no children.
Fun (Catholic) fact: the Immaculate Conception and the virgin birth are two different things. A lot of Catholics don't know this.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Yep.... I stand corrected.
Been recently having a few "what was I thinking moments". Hope it's not a sign of getting old. "

"Fun Facts" are always good to read. Thanks.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,939
I'm lost. Is this a joke about Mother Teresa being a single mom because she was a "mother" but had no children?
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
"I've never ran into a single mom my entire life. Have you?"

Try the diaper section, in a grocery or department store.
 

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
5,751
Reaction score
4,811
Location
象外
Mother Teresa was a 20th century saint. As far as I know she had no children.
Then who named her Mother?

However, with the typical woman that wasn't smart enough to use contraceptives (if the man didn't or wouldn't) ... or actually wants to have a "baby daddy" situation... I got little to no sympathy to offer to her.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
I have met MANY. Some were really hot. A while back I banged one a few times. She was pretty hot with an incredible ass. The son's father was in jail at the time.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
Never? hmmm.......
I could see how this is possible if you:

A) Never used online dating
B) Lived in the city your entire life (single moms are in the suburbs)
C) Been in a relationship or married for a very long time
 

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top