"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Plate maintenance while she was quarantined due to contact with someone that got COVID

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
This was a new one for me but things worked out well...saw my plate for the first time in almost 3 weeks due to her being quarantined due to contact with someone that had COVID. She tested negative twice as did her kid so basically just had to wait til quarantine was over.

We kept in contact pretty much the same as normal...usually 2 or 3 texts throughout the day since we both are busy. If I sent the last text at night she would always initiate in the morning and sometimes would initiate in the morning even if she sent the last text. She was cleared this past Sunday and we made plans for tonight. I went over to her house and we watched a few episodes of a series we started watching(only when we are together), drank some wine and then things started get heated...we went upstairs and got busy...she was soaking wet before I even put my hand down there...

She told me she really missed seeing me a lot when she was quarantined and said she hopes we don't have to wait 3 weeks between seeing each other again...I get the sense she is starting to really fall for me hard, which I don't mind because she is 5 years younger than me, has a kick ass body, cute face and great career(in IT like me, no less, although on the management side). She is super chill and no drama so far either. Definitely the type of woman I would consider for an LTR.

The only issue is my other plate is also kind of in the same boat although her career is somewhat less great(although not bad), and I could also see myself with her as well in an LTR down the road.

I guess my problem is I know I am probably going to have to make a call at some point and drop one of them but honestly, I don't know which way I would go.

For guys that have found themselves in a similar situation, what criteria did you use or measure them against to decide which to go with when it came time for that?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
Well I guess the other plate made it easy for me...got a message from her this morning saying that things between us are not working and she can't see me anymore.

So I guess we will see how things go with the girl above
 

spikeanut

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 9, 2016
Messages
139
Reaction score
287
You need to get more plates. The reason this girl was so into you was the scarcity of the last 3 weeks. Why would you think focusing on her now would make it better. Never think of the LTR; let the woman pursue that. Get more plates, continue to be scarce, and this girl will continue to be wet for you. Also, my guess is during the 3 weeks of quarantine with this girl, your interaction with your other plate may have ramped up and led to her dropping you. Just my guess.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
Daily texting IMO is not plate level. Daily texts are LTR and married type of communication. Thats not casual maybe its a budding relationship?

I would see plates every 1 or 2 weeks. Maybe on weekends. Not saying its not something budding but that seems more committed then plate.
I mean maybe. I think there is interest for that on both sides but we are both taking things a little slow. We kinda just get each other, and that is not that easy to find these days.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
You need to get more plates. The reason this girl was so into you was the scarcity of the last 3 weeks. Why would you think focusing on her now would make it better. Never think of the LTR; let the woman pursue that. Get more plates, continue to be scarce, and this girl will continue to be wet for you. Also, my guess is during the 3 weeks of quarantine with this girl, your interaction with your other plate may have ramped up and led to her dropping you. Just my guess.
No not really on the other plate...things were as normal.

I am not dating during this huge COVID spike we are going through. Not worth it to me. So I am riding with the plate I have right now and if nothing else, I will just hunker down for a few months.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Do you really want to be raising someone else's kid?
If so, do you know her current arrangement or how well her and the kid's father gets along?

This is the very first thing you have to decide before either one of you gets more attached emotionally or else you're just wasting each other's time.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
Do you really want to be raising someone else's kid?
If so, do you know her current arrangement or how well her and the kid's father gets along?

This is the very first thing you have to decide before either one of you gets more attached emotionally or else you're just wasting each other's time.
I have kids too, what is the big deal? I WANT a woman that has kids because I have found ones that don't have a hard time relating to things regarding that. I have a great relationship with my kids. And honestly if a woman doesn't have kids at this age, I kind of look at them as if there is something wrong with them.

Do people assume all the guys on this forum are deadbeat Dads that never see their kids and just send them a birthday card and Xmas present every year? I mean maybe there are some but I am not one of them.

Additionally I definitely don't want a 35 year old with no kids who wants kids and thinks that is happening with me because now she is desperate and feels her biological clock ticking. Um, no thanks.

They get along fine, no drama from what I can tell and they have joint custody. Same boat as I am in and our kids are almost identical in age.

So she would be "raising my kids" too if we ended up going down that path. But I guess that is somehow OK for women? Kind of part of the deal when kids are involved. But that would be a big step for me because I have never introduced them to any women I have been dating yet.
 
Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
I have kids too, what is the big deal? I WANT a woman that has kids because I have found ones that don't have a hard time relating to things regarding that. I have a great relationship with my kids. And honestly if a woman doesn't at this age, I kind of look at them as if there is something wrong with them.

Do people assume the guys on this forum are deadbeat Dads that never see their kids and just send them a birthday card and Xmas present every year?

Additionally I definitely don't want a 35 year old with no kids who wants kids and thinks that is happening with me. Um, no thanks.

They get along fine, no drama from what I can tell and they have joint custody. Same boat as I am in and our kids are almost identical in age.
So she would be "raising my kids" too if we ended up going down that path. Kind of part of the deal when kids are involved. But that would be a big step for me because I have never introduced them to any women I have been dating yet.
I didn't mean anything by it. I thought for some reason you were single without kids, which then would've been a more valid question then.
Well that question then is answered so really it's really just up to time to decide your fate if everything else checks out and is going well. There are no guarantees in life and as long as everything is going well, no need to put additional effort into negative thinking or all the what if's to create any unnecessary stress which can lead to self sabotage. Enjoy :up:

P.S. Don't be like women and try to endlessly chase perfection that isn't there. You'll grow old and lonely. Learn to identify when you have a good thing and stick with it. From your post, you seemed unsure who to stick with so that's why I'm stating this.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
I didn't mean anything by it. I thought for some reason you were single without kids, which then would've been a more valid question then.
Well that question then is answered so really it's really just up to time to decide your fate if everything else checks out and is going well. There are no guarantees in life and as long as everything is going well, no need to put additional effort into negative thinking or all the what if's to create any unnecessary stress which can lead to self sabotage. Enjoy :up:

P.S. Don't be like women and try to endlessly chase perfection that isn't there. You'll grow old and lonely. Learn to identify when you have a good thing and stick with it. From your post, you seemed unsure who to stick with so that's why I'm stating this.
No offense taken. I get the sense the default on the forums is that guys are single with no kids and probably younger than me(I am 44). So rightfully they should have different mindsets regarding what they want in a woman.

At my age and in my situation, I think you end up wanting different things, or at least I do clearly haha.

I am not looking to rush into anything and I think we are on the same page with that, but in terms of matches for personality, outlook on life, and the way we just understand each other(we are both very logical...she is in IT and was a math major), I see definite potential and I think she sees the same.

On top of that, she tastes better than any woman I have ever been with...I literally can't get enough...its like this subtly sweet taste...and I make her legs shake uncontrollably from it which is always a feather in your cap as a guy to a woman hahaha...
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
No offense taken.

I see definite potential and I think she sees the same.

On top of that, she tastes better than any woman I have ever been with
You're preaching to the choir as we're in the same boat. I'm 48 and have 3 kids. I hope things work out with this gal. She seems like a catch. :up:
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
For guys that have found themselves in a similar situation, what criteria did you use or measure them against to decide which to go with when it came time for that?
Since I don't self-cuck by dating single mommies, I have not found myself in a similar situation. :rolleyes:
 
Top