"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

How to respond to this?

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
Girlfriend recently/temporarily moved back to her parents because she was depressed/ COVID (arguments, etc.). We initially texted a bit but I started texting her less and less (let her text more, slow responses, etc.) We have therapy set-up and she texted me a half hour ago. Below is our convo:

Her: So quick question, would I be able to stay the night on Tuesday? I have to work on Wednesday and want to make sure I make it in time for the therapy session. (She pays rent where we live so i am not sure why she is asking)
Her: If that's not ok I can just stay at a hotel
Her: Or we can just cancel the call, up to you

Me: Why wouldn't I let you stay the night here? lol

Her: I wasn't sure how you'd feel about me spending the night

Me: *reacts with HAHA to her last message, sends / does nothing else*

Her: You know what I think we should just cancel it
Her: Don't like your reactions

Me: Np. I said i was cool with it...

Her: Perfect then I guess we can just call it quits here.
Her: I don't want to have to rely on you to get my work done.
Her: I'll let the leasing office know that I'll be leaving that way you don't have to pay for an extra spot.

Me: I am a bit perplexed by your reaction

Her: You laughed at what i said

Me: I am busy. I am working my full time job, working on a side project and watching the stock market. I laughed cause i thought you meant that as satire.

Her: Oh I see
Her: I'll let you go, text me when you can


What is the appropriate response? What the **** is wrong with her?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
What's wrong with her?
You need to wake up dude. She doesn't want to be with you and now you're trying to negotiate desire, but not really since she even seems to be neutral to that idea.

Don't be the dumpee. You need to tell her you've thought about it and you don't think it would be in your best interest to continue. Don't be emotional, don't be mad in front of her. Just tell her what's what. You will put her into a state of absolute shock and she will be forced to reevaluate everything. I highly recommend you do not try to rekindle things with her even if she begs, because more often than not a woman will come back, give you a false sense of security, and then walk away again out of spite. They never forget a perceived wrong.

She's already gone bro. Flip the script and put her in the position you're in now.
Or you can drag it out and see her turn into a coldhearted b*tch in front of your eyes because you're not doing what she expects of you (putting her in her place) by walking away.

You received great advice in your other thread. Read the thread again and you'll realise her behavior makes sense.
 

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
just thought itd be helpful.... one of my friends actually suggested it. Were my responses ****?

"Ok"
And you could have just said ok to her spending the night. Guys talk to much in text messaging. I see it ALL the time

Just curious as to why you are going to therapy with a gf??
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
Girlfriend recently/temporarily moved back to her parents because she was depressed/ COVID (arguments, etc.). We initially texted a bit but I started texting her less and less (let her text more, slow responses, etc.) We have therapy set-up and she texted me a half hour ago. Below is our convo:

Her: So quick question, would I be able to stay the night on Tuesday? I have to work on Wednesday and want to make sure I make it in time for the therapy session. (She pays rent where we live so i am not sure why she is asking)
Her: If that's not ok I can just stay at a hotel
Her: Or we can just cancel the call, up to you

Me: Why wouldn't I let you stay the night here? lol

Her: I wasn't sure how you'd feel about me spending the night

Me: *reacts with HAHA to her last message, sends / does nothing else*

Her: You know what I think we should just cancel it
Her: Don't like your reactions

Me: Np. I said i was cool with it...

Her: Perfect then I guess we can just call it quits here.
Her: I don't want to have to rely on you to get my work done.
Her: I'll let the leasing office know that I'll be leaving that way you don't have to pay for an extra spot.

Me: I am a bit perplexed by your reaction

Her: You laughed at what i said

Me: I am busy. I am working my full time job, working on a side project and watching the stock market. I laughed cause i thought you meant that as satire.

Her: Oh I see
Her: I'll let you go, text me when you can


What is the appropriate response? What the **** is wrong with her?
Nothing is wrong with her response. Everything is wrong with your response and your pandering and explaining yourself to her mindset that you have.

She knows anytime she wants you she can have you. She knows all she has to do is throw a hissy fit and you will go into beta explainer mode.
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
Lol, how was i pandering/explaining myself?

Nothing is wrong with her response. Everything is wrong with your response and your pandering and explaining yourself to her mindset that you have.

She knows anytime she wants you she can have you.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
Lol, how was i pandering/explaining myself?
Are you serious? You just typed it out:

Me: I am busy. I am working my full time job, working on a side project and watching the stock market. I laughed cause i thought you meant that as satire.

Why are you defending and explaining yourself to her? Do you need her approval? Do you view her as higher value than you? Because that is the way she is seeing it, the same way I and most of the other posters on the board are seeing it.

NEVER explain yourself in this way to a woman. It lowers your value. Either ignore it or agree and amplify. At that point you should have been treating her like a 5 year old throwing a hissy fit and put her in a texting timeout.

OP, you are simply not getting any of this. I am not sure if we are getting through to you at all. Stop trying to use logic in these situations, you are not going to get the results you want with women by using logic.
 
Last edited:

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
Haha how old do you think I am? And i am going to therapy cause i thought it would be helpful to have a mediator, person that could possibly give us advice. There are things that I am aware of that I need to work on (im not perfect)

Its not that they were bad.
Its much easier and healthy to start over especially at your age.
 
Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
Haha how old do you think I am? And i am going to therapy cause i thought it would be helpful to have a mediator, person that could possibly give us advice. There are things that I am aware of that I need to work on (im not perfect)
Really? Because you don't seem to want to actually take advice. You seem more interested in arguing that you are doing things right or that what we are saying you are doing by your own words and actions aren't really what you are doing.
 

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
I am not arguing anything. You seem very desperate to paint me in a bad light. Sure I made some mistakes but I feel my response is a bit stronger than most guys out there. The whole reason she's lashing out is because I didn't text her back all weekend.

Really? Because you don't seem to want to actually take advice. You seem more interested in arguing that you are doing things right or that what we are saying you are doing by your own words and actions aren't really what you are doing.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
I am not arguing anything. You seem very desperate to paint me in a bad light. Sure I made some mistakes but I feel my response is a bit stronger than most guys out there. The whole reason she's lashing out is because I didn't text her back all weekend.
I am simply pointing out mistakes you are making in your interactions because I made them too previously and I want you to learn from mine rather than learning from your own.
 

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
I am simply pointing out mistakes you are making in your interactions because I made them too previously and I want you to learn from mine rather than learning from your own.
Thanks for that. I appreciate it, I will try to practice what you recommend (it's harder in person than on paper unfortunately)
 

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2016
Messages
699
Reaction score
714
Dude what the hell was that? You failed.

See what you should have said in bold:

Her: So quick question, would I be able to stay the night on Tuesday? I have to work on Wednesday and want to make sure I make it in time for the therapy session. (She pays rent where we live so i am not sure why she is asking)
Her: If that's not ok I can just stay at a hotel
Her: Or we can just cancel the call, up to you

(she said up to you, so make a decision here. Do not respond with a question).
Me: I agree let's cancel it, would be a waste of time for both of us.

Her: I wasn't sure how you'd feel about me spending the night


Me: We are splitting the rent, so you have as much right to be here as do I. I think I'll start looking for a different place though, it's better that we no longer live together for numerous reasons.

Her: Perfect then I guess we can just call it quits here.
Her: I don't want to have to rely on you to get my work done.
Her: I'll let the leasing office know that I'll be leaving that way you don't have to pay for an extra spot.

Me: Ok.

That's it.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
Thanks, next time I will try that.

Dude what the hell was that? You failed.

See what you should have said in bold:

Her: So quick question, would I be able to stay the night on Tuesday? I have to work on Wednesday and want to make sure I make it in time for the therapy session. (She pays rent where we live so i am not sure why she is asking)
Her: If that's not ok I can just stay at a hotel
Her: Or we can just cancel the call, up to you

(she said up to you, so make a decision here. Do not respond with a question).
Me: I agree let's cancel it, would be a waste of time for both of us.

Her: I wasn't sure how you'd feel about me spending the night


Me: We are splitting the rent, so you have as much right to be here as do I. I think I'll start looking for a different place though, it's better that we no longer live together for numerous reasons.

Her: Perfect then I guess we can just call it quits here.
Her: I don't want to have to rely on you to get my work done.
Her: I'll let the leasing office know that I'll be leaving that way you don't have to pay for an extra spot.

Me: Ok.

That's it.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
The part where you just said "haha", that was a bad response. If you were trying to keep her you were acting too aloof, if you were fine with just ending it you were being too unclear. Just responding with "haha" to that is an aimless response.

You're not sure about what's up with her, but are you even sure about what's up with you? Because I'm not sure what you want out of this, knowing that would make it easier to generate an appropriate response.
 

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
I guess get her to chase me .

She texted me like 2 hours ago (I haven’t sent any messages all day cause I was actually busy)

Her : can you cancel the therapy session this week?

Me: already done np

Her: cool when can I pick up my stuff?

Me: anytime , just let me know ahead of time . Got Plans on wednesday

The part where you just said "haha", that was a bad response. If you were trying to keep her you were acting too aloof, if you were fine with just ending it you were being too unclear. Just responding with "haha" to that is an aimless response.

You're not sure about what's up with her, but are you even sure about what's up with you? Because I'm not sure what you want out of this, knowing that would make it easier to generate an appropriate response.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
@gsintx Why do you want her to chase you? To me it sounds like ego boosting behavior, you'll feel better about yourself if you can make her chase you.

Do you even want to be with her? This all looks like a failed attempt at looking "cool and indifferent", she's responding rationally by leaving because there's nothing there for her. Are you really cold about her or are you just playing cold? Because if it's the latter then you messed up, she's leaving as if you don't care because that's how you act.

In any case you've committed to this course of action long enough that it may be irreversible. You're not making her chase you, you're pushing her away, she's complying and you're further supporting it.

That said, you're excellent at soft break ups.
 

gsintx

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
36
I am a bit confused. She asked if she can stay here (she pays rent mind you) and I said: "why couldn't you?" lol" (kind of a stupid question no?). I was a bit busy at the time and couldnt come up with an elaborate response. Then a few hours later she texts me again saying that she wants to cancel the therapy session (out of the blue). Keep in mind... it was HER idea to leave the house in the first place (over an argument over a house she definitely can't afford or even afford half of). It was HER idea to stay and not come back when I limited my texting interactions with her (that's the redpill approach no?). I told her that she was always welcome to come through and have a bottle of wine with me ... she never took me up on my offer.

What am I supposed to do... beg?

@gsintx Why do you want her to chase you? To me it sounds like ego boosting behavior, you'll feel better about yourself if you can make her chase you.

Do you even want to be with her? This all looks like a failed attempt at looking "cool and indifferent", she's responding rationally by leaving because there's nothing there for her. Are you really cold about her or are you just playing cold? Because if it's the latter then you messed up, she's leaving as if you don't care because that's how you act.

In any case you've committed to this course of action long enough that it may be irreversible. You're not making her chase you, you're pushing her away, she's complying and you're further supporting it.

That said, you're excellent at soft break ups.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top