Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to handle a mob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There has been a lot of civil unrest in America lately. There a a few viral videos of people trying to dine outside. Then an angry mob comes up and is demanding they raise their fist, etc. Being overall threatening. So, with such frequency of these increasing, what is your plan? What would you do? Conceal carry? Carry pepper spray? Situational awareness and use of tools on hand if necessary (ie: beer bottle)?

Not a political post. I want your thoughts on handling an angry mob confronting you, as this can happen no matter your political leaning.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Punch the strongest looking guy, scream and then run away, IF that mob is closing in on you. If you're watching a mob from afar, leave it at that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It always helps your self defense case if you at least look like you tried to run away first. Some states require that you do so. Google "duty of retreat" states. My own state is not a duty of retreat state, but we do have a law that says it is ok to kill anyone trying to break into a residence. So run inside a dwelling, lock the door behind you, and then you can blow away anyone trying to break the door down.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys above said it already, avoid places where your safety (physical, mental or political) is at risk first.

If you find yourself in a hot environment just stand up and leave, clever men pick their battle with wisdom and facing a mob over a principle is not a good idea unless you are in mid 20th century europe.

Better yet move to an area where the mob doesnt have the support of local politics and the police can deploy to necessary tools to handle them.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I always carry a concealed handgun. With two spare magazines.

I don’t eat in outdoor sheep pens anymore.

My plan is to politely ask people to leave me alone. Make sure my arm gestures are in defensive and submissive positions so on camera it looks like I am trying to solve it the politically correct way.

Then tell them I am in fear of my life.

Then pull out my weapon and tell them last chance or I’m going to have to protect myself.

Then I feed them lead.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then tell them I am in fear of my life.

Then pull out my weapon and tell them last chance or I’m going to have to protect myself.
I wouldn't advocate shooting them, but if you take a look at that picture, all those raised fists definitely look like a threatening gesture. Especially since they're all facing toward that woman in pink, who actually had marched in BLM protests and supported their cause. She just didn't approve of their bullying tactics.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find frustrating is that leftist media keep calling this "peaceful protesting" which is a total farce. This is intimidation.

The Louisiana couple that were defending their home from a mob that tore down the gates to protest in front of the mayor's home up the street were charged but none of protesters were charged with destruction of property.

Seatle Mayor Dukan's "summer of love" comment came back to haunt her when protesters marched to protest in front of her home.

This attempt at spinning a protest in front of someone's private residence as peaceful is ridiculous. It's every bit an intimidation tactic as the Klan rallying in front of someone's house.

Cities need to pass bans on assembling on residential streets.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find frustrating is that leftist media keep calling this "peaceful protesting" which is a total farce. This is intimidation.
If the subject matter involved your brother and this was a gay-rights protest and he was involved then would your opinion about that be the same? I find sometimes that people's interpretation of news sometimes changes on whether someone can identify with the protesters on a more personal level.

Why don't they just prosecute cops who are wantonly killing unarmed Black suspects, that most people can see there is no justification at all for any use of force since they are restraint and not posing a threat, but they keep getting a pass? What is so hard about that? Why have there been no charges for Breonna Taylor? Elijah Mccain? Isn't easier to just charge the officers rather than repress people's calls to have officers committing egregious acts of violence held accountable?

Xenom0rph said:
The Louisiana couple that were defending their home from a mob that tore down the gates to protest in front of the mayor's home up the street were charged but none of protesters were charged with destruction of property.
You mean the St. Louis couple. I didn't hear anything about Louisiana. If something happened in that State as you are describing can you put the link.

Xenom0rph said:
Seatle Mayor Dukan's "summer of love" comment came back to haunt her when protesters marched to protest in front of her home.
Because they were dismantling the CHOP zone?

Xenom0rph said:
This attempt at spinning a protest in front of someone's private residence as peaceful is ridiculous. It's every bit an intimidation tactic as the Klan rallying in front of someone's house.
They were passing by someone's residence en route to a mayor's house. If they stayed in the home and let them pass without waving any guns towards them then nothing news-worthy would have occurred.

Xenom0rph said:
Cities need to pass bans on assembling on residential streets.
They need to charge the officers rather than look for every excuse not to or tie things up in B.S. investigations where the video and the evidence show clearly that "something" happened. Police have no trouble arresting and charging a Black person / or anyone they don't like, even if the charges don't stick, but when it comes to egregious types of violence on the hands of police then they have to make sure the charges have to have a 100% chance of conviction and even a video showing a murder is not enough?

At the end of the day, you should blame the officers who are brutalizing unarmed black people on video, and the system that's taking an approach that gives them a pass for doing that.

If your brother was beaten to death by an predatory officer who hated gay people, during what should have been a traffic stop, and then claimed he felt threatened, and he never even charged and got a paid vacation leave instead, then I doubt your attitude or position against these protesters would be the same.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the subject matter involved your brother and this was a gay-rights protest and he was involved then would your opinion about that be the same? I find sometimes that people's interpretation of news sometimes changes on whether someone can identify with the protesters on a more personal level.
My position is unchanged, under no circumstances is it ever okay to harass people like this.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean the St. Louis couple. I didn't hear anything about Louisiana. If something happened in that State as you are describing can you put the link.
My mistake, it was the St. louis couple the McClowsys.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very well, as much as I may find that hard to believe, I stand to be corrected.
You find it difficult to believe because you have a habit of projecting your own biases and belief systems on other people whether it be in politics or dating dynamics - not everyone sees the world the way you do, not every believes what you believe and not everyone has the same motivations as you....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your brother was beaten to death by an predatory officer who hated gay people, during what should have been a traffic stop, and then claimed he felt threatened, and he never even charged and got a paid vacation leave instead, then I doubt your attitude or position against these protesters would be the same.
Yo my man, you bring up my gay brother hoping that utilizing an emotional pandering approach would sway my opinion on this matter - it does not.

It does not sway my opinion because my opinion is based on my belief of right vs wrong, not what is convenient to my survival or the survival of my kin...

Moreover, if you had read more of my posts you would know that I actually despise my brother because he is a narcissistic sociopath who takes financial advantage of my parents and has zero empathy for anyone....

So that emotional pandering attempt would have fallen flat either way...

Engage me with logic and reason, leave the emotional pandering to weak-minded...

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo my man, you bring up my gay brother hoping that utilizing an emotional pandering approach would sway my opinion on this matter - it does not.
Xenom0rph said:
Moreover, if you had read more of my posts you would know that I actually despise my brother because he is a narcissistic sociopath who takes financial advantage of my parents and has zero empathy for anyone....
I didn't know you hated your brother.

Xenom0rph said:
So that emotional pandering attempt would have fallen flat either way...

Engage me with logic and reason, leave the emotional pandering to weak-minded...
You sound triggered that I brought that up. I already concluded this exchange by saying "I stand to be corrected" and yet you wrote an additional three posts after I wrote that. However, if you despise your brother, then isn't that still injecting emotion into your argument. You should not have mentioned you despise your brother if you want to make a case about emotion.

It's like, if I despised my Black family and had only bad experiences with them and only great experiences with the White side of the family, then I may also hold the same positions as you do. We all find rational/logical justifications behind what are primary emotional motivations.

Status
Not open for further replies.