Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone scared to get old?

U

user43770

I wouldn't bet on you having the same life expectancy as your grandparents

Despite the ageing population narrative, every chronic condition (except lung cancer) is actually sky rocketing

You will be lucky to see 70. Especially if you are a man
Chemicals in our food, water, you name it.
And also air pollution; breathing in toxins is horrible for our bodies.

As the world population grows, you can count on more of it.

U

user43770

As you breathe, remember you can only take in one breath at a time. A breath from the past cannot be reclaimed. A future breath cannot be inhaled yet. You're always on the one that is happening right now.
“Remember to conduct yourself in life as if at a banquet. As something being passed around comes to you, reach out your hand and take a moderate helping. Does it pass you by? Don’t stop it. It hasn’t yet come? Don’t burn in desire for it, but wait until it arrives in front of you. Act this way with children, a spouse, toward position, with wealth—one day it will make you worthy of a banquet with the gods.”

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no point in being afraid. Yeah it sucks but there is nothing you can do about it other than off yourself before it gets that bad.

Live life while you can and don't look back.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As others said, live your life to the fullest.

You can't rewind or buy time but you can choose what you do now. Taking care of yourself now(nutrition and exercise) will also make living later a lot more enjoyable. Also make peace with everyone you know and treat them how you want to be treated.
Be in a state where you can be at peace if you died tomorrow for whatever reason that may happen, even as mundane as getting run over by a car.

Goal is to never look back if you live to be 70,80,90... and regret something you didn't try back in life. Better to have stories than none.

"All men die, but only some live...":up:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my freedom and I like my performances, living a life depending on others and being unable to do anything is not a life worth to be lived so I dont definitely agree that getting old is still better than the alternative.

I want to live as long as my body and mind perform efficiently enough to keep my life standard worth, after that I would rather reach the after life than being a drag to those around me and being bossed around from them...basically being a kid except that you cant run or eat what you like.

I simply dont see myself living as a weak individual, no amount of love is gonna help with that.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While ever you have rich blokes not wanting to be old,ul have young women not wanting to be poor

U

user43770

I was an EMT for a couple years and I was around a lot of old people that died. Went to some bad car wrecks yadda yadda. Being around death is actually the best cure for your fear

U

user43770

It’s related to death and dying. It was a big shift in my life. I’ve never been so close to the finality of death in my entire life. It was almost like a release. Like finally I can go home. And once I was able to accept the very real possibility it was all over, the only thing I cared about was not being a burden to my loved ones. That was really the only thing. I found purpose in being close to dying.

And once I accepted the real possibility of the end I got dramatically better. But I can’t say I’m the same person anymore. There are a lot of things I no longer give a sh1t about.

In a strange way, I’m glad i experienced it. It destroyed a lot of my giving a fvckness. And nothing in life seems all that serious anymore. Because what’s the worse that can happen? It’s all going to end the same anyway lol.

When I see people wrapped up in petty arguments and endless drama I can’t help but to think to myself they need a dose of covid to make them realize it’s all irrelevant and they should just let go and not take life too seriously.

Everyone is going to die. But some people go out kicking and screaming with great fear while others can go in peace. I think it would be wise to practice letting go and aging gracefully with peace and learn not to resist what is inevitable. But if you want to totally ignore getting old and dying and act as if you will live forever, then be my guess. It will be an emotionally painful experience when it suddenly knocks on your doorstep.
You're a great writer, but you're still full of sh1t

U

user43770

Everyone is going to die. But some people go out kicking and screaming with great fear while others can go in peace. I think it would be wise to practice letting go and aging gracefully with peace and learn not to resist what is inevitable. But if you want to totally ignore getting old and dying and act as if you will live forever, then be my guess. It will be an emotionally painful experience when it suddenly knocks on your doorstep.
Well said, Storm. Even better said...

"Let us rid death of its strangeness, come to know it, get used to it. Let us have nothing on our minds as often as death. At every moment let us picture it in our imagination in all its aspects. . . . It is uncertain where death awaits us; let us await it everywhere. Premeditation of death is premeditation of freedom. . . . He who has learned how to die has unlearned how to be a slave. Knowing how to die frees us from all subjection and constraint."

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was an EMT for a couple years and I was around a lot of old people that died. Went to some bad car wrecks yadda yadda. Being around death is actually the best cure for your fear
How much training to become EMT? How much is cost of training?

Craig Dates

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean really old... When you ache all the time, can't move well... Need others to help you accomplish tasks you see as simple today. Examples tying shoes, walking up stairs etc....

Sucky part of the life process if you ask me

Carpe diem!
You tell us. Your in your 40's. Do things hurt as you age?