Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Smart People Have Less Friends

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You could argue that intelligent people are less friendly that is also why they don't have many friends. Maybe they think they don't need to be friendly.
To be fair, we should consider WHY the intelligent person is potentially less friendly.

If he’s highly introverted and/or just plain shy, that’s fine. While others might not know or understand that, he doesn’t mean any harm.

If he’s completely full of himself and doesn’t want to acknowledge others he perceives as “lower,” then he’s just being a prick lol.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, we should consider WHY the intelligent person is potentially less friendly.

If he’s highly introverted or just plain shy, that’s fine. While others might not know or understand that, he means no harm.

If he’s completely full of himself and doesn’t want to acknowledge others he perceives as “lower,” then he’s just being a prick lol.
Most likely its the fact that he is not intelectually stimulted enough, so he gets bored fast.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Most likely its the fact that he is not intelectually stimulted enough, so he gets bored fast.
Yeah I don’t doubt that.

Or he might genuinely have little in common with others around him. If the “regular people” are chatting about bars, clubs, and celebrity gossip, the nerdy bookworm guy might feel unable to relate and have nothing to add to the conversation so he withdraws.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t doubt that.

Or he might genuinely have little in common with others around him. If the “regular people” are chatting about bars, clubs, and celebrity gossip, the nerdy bookworm guy might feel unable to relate and have nothing to add to the conversation so he withdraws.
For some its a superiority complexe, but i think its general its what you just said

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can say is one thing. I've watched movies in the past with women ex-friends/gf/wife at the theater and then I've watched movies by myself at the theater but then looked at a bunch of intellectual movie review videos to get emotional and intellectual support both before and after watching the movie. Guess which one of the two is a better experience? There is lots of intellectual stimulation across lots of youtube and other video stimulation that the desire to want to have friends is tanked down.

Lets face it, I don't even care about going to bed alone. I stick some headplugs on the tablet and I can watch anything want and just fall asleep afterwards before the video is finished playing. The modern streaming has virtually made a social grave because you are getting this emotional and intellectual support by watching any video you want or any stream of TV-show / movie depending on what slant your mind or mood is in and that's gratifying in and of itself. This thing has mainly happened with me in an observable way from 2016, and big-time starting in 2017 and has resulted in a social demotivation at a level that I have never seen before.

In the past video saturation is more limited because you'd have to rent from Blockbuster or you are limited by the selections offered on a TV channel, or there was not much of a selection online like there is today. You didn't have a flood of video content online like you have today.
So, maybe technology has made life easier for intellectuals to feel a bit less inclined to be social than before.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone likes to think they are smart.

So got to be careful with that mindset.

Having less friend does not necessary mean you are smart.

Thats like career women telling themselve men are intimidated by thier position, as the reason no man stay with them for long.
Is that the same as saying most men aren't strong enough to "handle" her?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That happens when we took the red pill and start to understand reality.

It's good to relate with people... But I prefer being alone than being around false, envy and ignorant people.

Genuine friendships can give us a really good sense of purpose. And that kind of friendship helps us to grow up. But this is really difficult to find.

Better off focus on what is really important than spending our time with people that wanna get something from us.

#RECENTE CASE:

Have a childhood friend that stopped talking to me for about 2 years. Now he is working on that Prudential company selling life insurances...

Ok, he started to call me back, saying that he wanna visit me and show me his job, without any commitment (okay man haha). I know for sure he don't wanna come here to visit me. This is obvious, but he thinks I'm a fool.

My desire was to block this guy and never talk to him again... But you know, pretend to be a fool give me an advantage. Enemies don't know that you know their strategies.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's good to relate with people... But I prefer being alone than being around false, envy and ignorant people.

Genuine friendships can give us a really good sense of purpose. And that kind of friendship helps us to grow up. But this is really difficult to find.

Better off focus on what is really important than spending our time with people that wanna get something from us.

#RECENTE CASE:

Have a childhood friend that stopped talking to me for about 2 years. Now he is working on that Prudential company selling life insurances...

Ok, he started to call me back, saying that he wanna visit me and show me his job, without any commitment (okay man haha). I know for sure he don't wanna come here to visit me. This is obvious, but he thinks I'm a fool.

My desire was to block this guy and never talk to him again... But you know, pretend to be a fool give me an advantage. Enemies don't know that you know their strategies.
From the pretend to be a fool strategy doesnt it waste your time and energy? Can't you be round those who value you?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I saw this video, I thought it was interesting. To briefly summarize, it says that dumb people tend to be happier around other people, and that smart people tend to be happier when they are alone. It talks about how geniuses like Newton and Tesla tend to have few friends.

It does make sense when you think of it. Smart people might be more focused on their mission and their interests than spending time with other people. They also might have less in common with most folk, because there are more dumb people than smart.

can confirm

am ultra smart

not many frendz

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the pretend to be a fool strategy doesnt it waste your time and energy? Can't you be round those who value you?
Yeah, I feel that sometimes.

But in some cases, answer directly with a "no" can cause more problems and waste of energy.

Pretending as a fool I mean:

- When someome try to persuade you to do something and you say that you're gonna think about it and answer later. Then you just ignore. Cause saying "no" will lead to that people make you spend more time, cause they will try to prove their point to you.
- Or a crazy girl screaming and fighting because you said something or cause you want to break up and ask her to leave. Then, you say you're sorry and that you're wrong about that. Find and excuse, and when she left... don't talk anymore.

It really depends on the situation, on those ones I could spend more energy trying to prove my point or triggering a negative rejection behavior from someone.

Idk if I explained that correctly... but if it makes me spend time pretending to be a fool, then it have to be on a critical situation. Otherwise it doesn't worth.

Snowfoxx

Reaction score
I recently saw a video that was saying smart people suck at small talk and also they don't have many friends. I can't find the video though. I was talking to a girl from Finland two days ago and she was telling me that over there everyone sucks at small talk and that Americans are great at it (but not me lol).

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

#RECENTE CASE:

False, envy, egotistical, deceit are the "pills" they chose to get what they desire out of life.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently saw a video that was saying smart people suck at small talk and also they don't have many friends. I can't find the video though. I was talking to a girl from Finland two days ago and she was telling me that over there everyone sucks at small talk and that Americans are great at it (but not me lol).
Aren't the Finnish all cvcked?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is why in Europe Americans are not seen as intelligent. They are in general much worse then Europeans when it comes to history and education. When it comes to small talk Americans are very good. People have different priorities.