"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

What would you do in my situation?

user252009

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
733
Reaction score
342
I've been flirting with this girl at work for several months now, we've been texting and we hung out once, she's the most amazing person I've ever met - and I don't say that lightly. My problem is that I like her a lot, so I asked her to hang out a few times, and after she couldn't make it twice or so I left it up to her. She always comes back and starts text-chasing me, and is keeping me totally hung up on her, and it's making me hopeful and miserable at the same time. I'm heading out of the country for about a month in the next few days, so we've talked about hanging out but she wasn't sure of her schedule so I told her to let me know. She still hasn't. Problem is, we are connected on social media, so if I could, I would have just blocked her and that was that. However, as we work at the same place I know she'd come over and ask me what's going on. She's genuinely an extremely nice person so I don't want to be a **** about the whole thing, but at the same time I can't go on like this. I've been texting with other women as well lately, just not dating or anything like that yet. I've also been single for a few years, so yeah...it's pretty ****ty.

What would you guys do if you were in my situation?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
she's the most amazing person I've ever met - and I don't say that lightly.
It may feel like that.

I asked her to hang out a few times, and after she couldn't make it twice or so I left it up to her.
Not good fam. A few times?! She reacted to your invitations twice or you asked twice? If she said no twice there is no leaving it up to her. She already made a point. Do you want to stay kosher because of her until she finally gives you allowance? No man, just no.

so we've talked about hanging out but she wasn't sure of her schedule so I told her to let me know. She still hasn't
Same thing. She's playing you if she isn't a virgin.

Just text other women. Meet and then f*ck them. Do you know why? Because that way you will have less pressure when it comes to making decisions regarding your holy princess. You will be clear-headed and rational.

Don't let the fact that you have to see her at work determine how you handle the situation. You can deada** ghost her a** or even tell her that you don't want none of that bullsh*t. You tell her: "I'm tired of talking to other b*tches because you aren't able to decide what you want. Come through or don't. I don't have time for this."
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Like a broken record, next her.

You've already given her two chances. She just wants to be validated, given attention, and want to be your friend. That's all.

Since you work with her and don't want any bad blood, withdraw attention and say you've just been busy dating a gal or seeing someone.

She's had her chance and you shouldn't be playing her games.

Also you saying she's "the most amazing person you've ever met" reeks of your desperation and the fact that you need to get out more and meet more women. Because I guarantee you, you'll look back at this someday and realize how pitiful you were and question what the heck you were thinking.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Dont block her, just set your account to not see anything from her.
She is not interested or low interest, just stop giving her any attention.
 

user252009

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
733
Reaction score
342
Dont block her, just set your account to not see anything from her.
She is not interested or low interest, just stop giving her any attention.
I took away all my attention, I never initiate contact anymore, but she does every few days or so. That's the tricky part - if I ignore her, she's gonna come and ask what's going on, and if I don't, I'll keep getting strung along.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I took away all my attention, I never initiate contact anymore, but she does every few days or so. That's the tricky part - if I ignore her, she's gonna come and ask what's going on, and if I don't, I'll keep getting strung along.
One word anwser, take a long time to anwser her, she will get the msg.
If she dont tell her you are not looking for more friend.
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,129
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
Demote her to strictly coworker status indefinitely.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
You're more into her than she's into you and you're imagining she's more into you than she actually is. It's basic infatuation. What I would do in your situation if I knew what I just told you is to pull back and wean myself off of my fantasy.

Been there, done that. Even if she's nice she doesn't want you "like that", you must let go of this one. There's nothing you can do to get what you desire out of her. Don't block her or anything, keep being friendly, but you need to detach emotionally.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
I took away all my attention, I never initiate contact anymore, but she does every few days or so. That's the tricky part - if I ignore her, she's gonna come and ask what's going on, and if I don't, I'll keep getting strung along.
And why do you even need to answer her question of why you didnt respond? You owe her nothing. Why is that hard for guys to understand?

She isn't fvcking you. You owe her nothing.

She sucks and fvcks you 5 times a week. You still owe her nothing.

You marry a woman and try to then get away from her? You'll owe her half.

It's not hard to grasp.

You guys want women to pursue you and you go and do everything backwards and then ask what went wrong.

Your scarcity mindset. That's what's wrong.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
The only way to deal with an attention whöre is to starve it.

Stop responding to all her messages. When she asks why, say you're seeing someone. At work say Hi & Bye if you must, and nothing in between. Delete her number or rename it "Attention Whöre".

This isn't to kindle her interest; that plane has flown and crashed in the ocean in the middle of the night with no survivors. It's to wean yourself off of her.

And No, she isn't amazing. She shîts and farts just like I do. Difference being, I am amazing and she isn't. :cool:
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Think about what you just wrote. “Texting for several MONTHS. We hung out ONCE” Read that again. My point is if this girl was anything but an attention parasite, you would have hung out way more times than just once in the span of months that you’ve been flirting and texting.
 

Xanderson

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
79
Reaction score
64
Age
43
Give the cold shoulde shebwill come back plus only ask a women out twice then move on or leave her on ice for a few weeks and ask again
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
I've been flirting with this girl at work for several months now, we've been texting and we hung out once, she's the most amazing person I've ever met - and I don't say that lightly. My problem is that I like her a lot, so I asked her to hang out a few times, and after she couldn't make it twice or so I left it up to her. She always comes back and starts text-chasing me, and is keeping me totally hung up on her, and it's making me hopeful and miserable at the same time. I'm heading out of the country for about a month in the next few days, so we've talked about hanging out but she wasn't sure of her schedule so I told her to let me know. She still hasn't. Problem is, we are connected on social media, so if I could, I would have just blocked her and that was that. However, as we work at the same place I know she'd come over and ask me what's going on. She's genuinely an extremely nice person so I don't want to be a **** about the whole thing, but at the same time I can't go on like this. I've been texting with other women as well lately, just not dating or anything like that yet. I've also been single for a few years, so yeah...it's pretty ****ty.

What would you guys do if you were in my situation?
You validate her. Nothing more.

What would i do in this situation? Go date other women. You have attempted to make plans with her at least 3 times. You are 0 for 3. Would you invest your money if your financial adviser said " 3 people before you have already lost their life savings in this investment. It is guaranteed to fail."

Would you put your money in it? No. Why invest your time and attention and possible finances in a girl that wants you as nothing more than an orbiter ?

Next.
 

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
I took away all my attention, I never initiate contact anymore, but she does every few days or so. That's the tricky part - if I ignore her, she's gonna come and ask what's going on, and if I don't, I'll keep getting strung along.
Keep ignoring her. If she comes and asks what is going on, you just explain you are busy and will get back to her when you have time.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top