"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Bringing back misogyny and toxic masculinity

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
I think it's a good thing to accept one's own weaknesses and necessary to start fixing them. It being interpreted as "it's okay to remain weak" is bad though.


I don't see how you can confront something you don't acknowledge.

You may be the type of person who just powers through it, but most people can't do that. They need to be compassionate towards themselves before they gain the strength to improve. Many guys trying to fix themselves end up burning out because they unknowingly look down on their weakness and thus themselves, so they're essentially just smashing their head against a brick wall. Besides, you will have a better foundation for strength of you dare to reach the bottom first.
This is just more corrupting nuance. It’s not about accepting your weaknesses, it’s about admitting that they’re there. ‘Acceptance’ never factors into it. Regardless, admitting it and destroying your own ego is what’s needed for self-improvement/self-development. This is acknowledgement, I don’t see how it’s not. If you don’t ever hate those attributes about yourself, I don’t see how you can ever get rid of them unless they just disappear on their own because of the acknowledgement of its existence. Besides, rock bottom does have self-hate because it’s the complete lack of denial about how things actually are.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
This is just more corrupting nuance. It’s not about accepting your weaknesses, it’s about admitting that they’re there. ‘Acceptance’ never factors into it. Regardless, admitting it and destroying your own ego is what’s needed for self-improvement/self-development. This is acknowledgement, I don’t see how it’s not. If you don’t ever hate those attributes about yourself, I don’t see how you can ever get rid of them unless they just disappear on their own because of the acknowledgement of its existence. Besides, rock bottom does have self-hate because it’s the complete lack of denial about how things actually are.
I think I worded myself incorrectly, the meaning of "admit" is more accurate than "accept" to what I'm talking about. We do actually agree, also about the the other points.

I'm fairly proficient in English, but it's not my first language and I don't speak it in my daily life. I think that's the cause of the confusion.
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
Masculinity is not toxic. Feminism is toxic.
 

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
I think I worded myself incorrectly, the meaning of "admit" is more accurate than "accept" to what I'm talking about. We do actually agree, also about the the other points.

I'm fairly proficient in English, but it's not my first language and I don't speak it in my daily life. I think that's the cause of the confusion.
Alright that’s fair then and probably explains the confusion. English is my first and only language haha and not to sound cocky or anything but it always came naturally to me and I’ve always been better at English and writing than my peers.
 
Top