Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do any of you guys have interest in philosophy?

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately I've been buying a lot of books but I find that they don't really give me the information that I want to digest. Influence by Cialdini, The Art of War, they are interesting, they're very practical. I'm not opposed to any ideologies which help further the self on a journey at all.

I'm now re-listening to this Alan Watts video, Seeing Through the Game and it seems just all-round much better. Just listening to it gives me more peace of mind.

The red pill I once took seems to be hitting me harder and harder all the time. I know a lot about the matrix outside. Studying the nature of the mind, which drives all of us as humans, seems to be exactly what was missing in my education.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy philosophy. I think it's the mother of all other sciences. I am quite natural at that subject in high school, without much of learning I hit high scores in it. But living with philosophy university means living without money in my area.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
I am taking a philosophy class in college now.

I've learned about Aristotle's moderation to everything which I take into consideration. Also, the idea of detachment and not clinging onto anything from Buddhism.

My personal philosophy is this. Don't take life too serious because it's meant to be experienced, not understood. Just live life for the moment.

"Do not dwell in the past, or dream of the future. Keep your mind in this present moment." - Buddha

Also, read the quote in my sig.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
try a book, OBJECTIVISM, THE PHILOSPHY OF AYN RAND, by Leonard Piekoff. It's pretty heavy going, so first read some of the collections of Ayn's non-fiction essays, like PHILOSOPHY, WHO NEEDS IT? and THE VOICE OF REASON

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm into philosophy, but you need to stay away from that left-wing/Marxist clap-trap.

A true player MUST have independent/libertarian/objectivist philosophic bent.

Modern Western leftism is all about de-masculinising society and taking male power away from men.

That's why I love Ayn Rand so much, because even though she was a woman, she pedastooled male power and the drive to be creative/destructive i.e. 'yang' attributes.

NB. Creation and Destruction are the same force, the same thing. Don't be fooled by "artsy" type wankers who think they're creative, they're not. True creativity is a male trait.

Female traits are things like: nurturing, submissiveness, supplication, caring, tending, etc.

Creativity is always and in every instance a Male domain, and is partnered inseparably with Destruction.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think philosophy can be a life saver. I don't mean the boring stuff like Hegel, Plato, Wittgenstein. If that's your thing more power to you.

But in general for me philosophy stands for intellectual curiosity. Life get's boring very quick. One gets stuck in the hedonic treadmill.

I am with the practical philosopher epikur. He said one should strive for intellectual curiosity because it takes your mind away from your lust and greed and channels it in more reasonable areas with more ROI or at least peace of mind.

This thread might fit better in anything else part

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love it, I want to read nietzsche, but have refrained from doing so. I've read a bit of Jung, Lao, and bits and pieces of Plato. Eventually a man has to cultivate his own unique philosophy. It's every humans duty to do so I believe
So who are your favorite philosophers?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Count me in as a philosophy enthusiast.
For those that are in a larger city, you might find a meetup group on this subject.
The added bonus is that you might even meet women into the subject (which is quite rare).

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Count me in as a philosophy enthusiast.
For those that are in a larger city, you might find a meetup group on this subject.
The added bonus is that you might even meet women into the subject (which is quite rare).
Yes I think in the physical world there is some crossovers of interests between the genders like dancing, sports like badminton.

In the mental world it may not be directly philosophy but what comes closer is book clubs or something like that.

Talking about meeting women. Epikur had his garden where women and slaves were allowed.

In the 19th centuries there were many women who organised meetings for intellectual men to have a meeting. That would be nice if it works out. Mostly men wanted their own clubs because it's sometimes too challenging when women were involved. But it's good to not count women totally out of it.

One option is to try the geisha culture of japan. Seems that it worked out quite ok. Actually it exists in a different form with the karaoke bars.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand but it's in a rotation of 7 or 8 books. So one chapter or 2, then pick up another book and read a chapter or two, then another and so on. If a book grips me then I'll probably spend more time on it in the moment or even disregard all other books for the week(s) until done (like African Genesis, though sometimes tedious, this past month).

For the past 5 hours I have been scouring or researching "Romance novels" on Amazon, and whew let me tell you, today's "Romance novels" have a Lot of titles with the word "Billionaire" in them. So pathetic. Anyhow, out of 100s of books and reviews, I came to choose 10 books to buy. I may whittle that down later, still in the cart. I start with negative reviews and work my way up to positive reviews trying to ascertain the honesty/intelligence of the reviewer. It's tedious. Also, if it's "endorsed" by someone like NPR radio, I no longer consider the book. NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today "best seller" gets a skeptical eye from me as well. I'm trying to get the modern pulse of what women today find "Romantic." Um, it appears quite a few think "Billionaire" is "romantic."

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand but it's in a rotation of 7 or 8 books. So one chapter or 2, then pick up another book and read a chapter or two, then another and so on. If a book grips me then I'll probably spend more time on it in the moment or even disregard all other books for the week(s) until done (like African Genesis, though sometimes tedious, this past month).

For the past 5 hours I have been scouring or researching "Romance novels" on Amazon, and whew let me tell you, today's "Romance novels" have a Lot of titles with the word "Billionaire" in them. So pathetic. Anyhow, out of 100s of books and reviews, I came to choose 10 books to buy. I may whittle that down later, still in the cart. I start with negative reviews and work my way up to positive reviews trying to ascertain the honesty/intelligence of the reviewer. It's tedious. Also, if it's "endorsed" by someone like NPR radio, I no longer consider the book. NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today "best seller" gets a skeptical eye from me as well. I'm trying to get the modern pulse of what women today find "Romantic." Um, it appears quite a few think "Billionaire" is "romantic."
Ayn Rand. I tried to read Fontainhead but I could not do it. At the time my mind was so foggy from loud music and disco.

I guess I could do it now but I find the context so bad. I am not quite shure why. Maybe because it feels like she is too masculine in her ideas. Maybe it's just a prejudice from me. I am afraid her novel characters are too stereotypical. I don't know what it is. If feels like me wrestling with a women. It feels wrong.

Anyway fiction is a good topic. The easiest are detective novels for me. I ran out of them. I got them for free. I don't like paying for books but I need some change from detective novels anyway. Btw the classic "film noir" is quite working for me. It's free on youtube.

Romantic billionaire novells are brutal. I would rather read some cowboy stories but not really.

In the gutenberg project there are free books there. Some guy did a nice list of 100 science fiction novels I downloaded and read some. They were quite nice. That list is btw better than the list at the gutenberg side.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well The Fountainhead was written in the 1920s? Behaviors then were more cookie-cutter, and the craziness we see in behaviors today didn't exist. So with any pre-1960s books it's like a time-warp, as it was the olde-world with not as much variation which is why Howard (a Jewish name usually, and Ayn Rand was Jewish) Roark seems so eccentric yet not so out of the curves by today's standards. I'm finding the book easy to read and flowing well-written. I've never read Ayn Rand until this week. Will probably not read Atlas Shrugged which came later. I hear it's more tedious.

I do not want to read a cowboy story either but one of them romantic "cowboy" stories I think is in my cart, may take it out. I have 10 books sittin in their from my research yesterday (Work on my 2 days off) amounting to $130.

I've read a lot of Larry Niven sci-fi books (predating Star Wars), an author who was summoned by Ronald Reagan to dream up the SDI missile defense hoax to fool the Russians into capitulation and the tearing down of the Berlin Wall.

I never read current books cause having just researched these Romance novels and viewing/skimming the authors' (all women btw) "biographies," Most of them show their spare time as raising their kids with their "hubby" on some palatial farm/estate in the wilderness or something, and watching "Netflix" in their spare time, TV shows, so I think they're writing with the hopes of getting their books adopted for a TV show or an episode or you know mimicking the "TV" plot/sequence and political correctness - ahhh, everything must "fit" kosher. Uh, I don't wanna read that crap. I saw claims of plagiarism by some reviewers in the comments yet the book gets a ton of Fake 5-star reviews. You have to take it all in and step back see the big picture and ask yourself, "Why is this book so popular?" Is it because its contents show a Religion of Political Correctness that the publishers or Award-givers WANT???

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Caldini Influence is great ! But i would not say its philosophy.
Some things like meditation from Marcus Aurelius is very good imo but a bit dry.
Same with any of Robert Greene Books.

Dont know about Alan Watts but will have a look

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately I've been buying a lot of books but I find that they don't really give me the information that I want to digest. Influence by Cialdini, The Art of War, they are interesting, they're very practical. I'm not opposed to any ideologies which help further the self on a journey at all.
I think a classical education in philosophy would be the best way forward. Look for some video courses that cover Philosophy 1000, get the book (you can find PDF files for free if you look hard enough :cool: ) and just consider yourself a part-time college student. As I have my degrees in the STEM field and am fully early retired, I have been nibbling at doing this in the various liberal arts disciplines.

Oh, and go read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. This book represents the apotheosis of rational masculine behavior.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m naturally a philosopher. I’ve always thought more deeply about things than everyone else around me. I don’t feel I need to read anything of anyone just because all it’s about is gaining different perspectives, which you can do by reading any book really.