"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Marriage and being faithful...

scarface701

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
58
Reaction score
62
Age
36
I’m posting for opinions and perhaps experience from other married men. I’m not looking for judgement.

I’ve been married for double digit years now and I also work with my wife. She’s great... but I’m just not super attracted to her sexually any more. She refuses to spice things up in the bedroom and for years sex has been flat.

I’ve been thinking of perhaps getting someone on the side but I’m not sure if that’s the best step and how I would even approach a woman as a married man.

I have a few friends that cheat every time they travel and say it helps clear their mind and they honestly feel like they go home happier and better husbands as a result....

Any thoughts..or experience in this area...?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
I have a few friends that cheat every time they travel and say it helps clear their mind and they honestly feel like they go home happier and better husbands as a result....
Are they in the same situation you are with their own wife's sex life?

And has your wife let herself go or not?
 

scarface701

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
58
Reaction score
62
Age
36
Are they in the same situation you are with their own wife's sex life?

And has your wife let herself go or not?
Honestly... No. I don’t think so....my wife tends to be more of a prude. No. My wife is attractive. Smart... and successful. TBH I don’t think I was head over heals in love with her when I married her but I knew she’d be a great catch... and she is. I have no regrets... just bored as hell sexually.

I think part of the problem is not only is sex not exciting any more but everything is always full of responsibilities with her. I always think it would be nice to just get away for a weekend and have fun sex with a woman with NSA and no responsibilities beyond that weekend.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I’m posting for opinions and perhaps experience from other married men. I’m not looking for judgement.

I’ve been married for double digit years now and I also work with my wife. She’s great... but I’m just not super attracted to her sexually any more. She refuses to spice things up in the bedroom and for years sex has been flat.

I’ve been thinking of perhaps getting someone on the side but I’m not sure if that’s the best step and how I would even approach a woman as a married man.

I have a few friends that cheat every time they travel and say it helps clear their mind and they honestly feel like they go home happier and better husbands as a result....

Any thoughts..or experience in this area...?
It starts a 2nd life which can bw dangerous. In extremely small quantities like a couple times a year it may add energy to the marriage. If your cheating all the time Itll be killing her emotionally. Why are you having these convos with peers? They can take the info from your conversations and use it to have her cheat with them.
 
Last edited:

scarface701

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
58
Reaction score
62
Age
36
It starts a 2nd life which can bw dangerous. In extremely small quantities like a couple times a year it may add energy to the marriage. If your cheating all the time Itll be killing her emotionally. Why are you having these convos with peers? They can rak
I don’t think I’d talk with peers if I was cheating. They talk with me about their endeavors.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Honestly... No. I don’t think so....my wife tends to be more of a prude. No. My wife is attractive. Smart... and successful. TBH I don’t think I was head over heals in love with her when I married her but I knew she’d be a great catch... and she is. I have no regrets... just bored as hell sexually.

I think part of the problem is not only is sex not exciting any more but everything is always full of responsibilities with her. I always think it would be nice to just get away for a weekend and have fun sex with a woman with NSA and no responsibilities beyond that weekend.
Maybe her behavior is a symptom of how she has similar feelings toward you as those you describe having toward her, and she too is "bored as hell" emotionally. I find that interesting to consider, that you could both be in the same equivalent boat. Do you talk about this with each other?

When you say "part of the problem is not only is sex not exciting any more but everything is always full of responsibilities with her." - do you mean this is a problem with her specifically that she causes, or do you mean with a committed relationship in general?
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I don’t think I’d talk with peers if I was cheating. They talk with me about their endeavors.
Alot of people do it. Observe their character and see if it's how you want to be. They end up being big liars who don't care about folks.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Alot of people do it. Observe their character and see if it's how you want to be. They end up being big liars who don't care about folks.
There must be a way to add energy and lift into the marriage. But if the other person doesn't care... It can be hard to make them care. Women do manipulate men into caring.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
I always think it would be nice to just get away for a weekend and have fun sex with a woman with NSA and no responsibilities beyond that weekend.
Do that, but with your wife. Constantly lead her to fun and spontaneity again and see if she gets the hint and starts to contribute. A big part of the problem is you two work together now and see each other differently than your original versions.
Time for a life restart now…
 

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
Maybe her behavior is a symptom of how she has similar feelings toward you as those you describe having toward her, and she too is "bored as hell" emotionally. I find that interesting to consider, that you could both be in the same equivalent boat. Do you talk about this with each other?
Not so fast captain, he said that SHE was the one who refuses to spice things up, not him. He also said that she’s a prude, everything is about responsibility i.e. duty, which would mean sex is a chore for her. Also, just based off how he talked about her how—that she was a ‘catch’ because she is/was “attractive”, “smart”, and “successful” even though he was never actually in love with her—we know that he only thinks she’s a ‘catch’ because that’s what society has always said about those types of women.

Based off of these things, we can extrapolate that she’s probably one of those well-to-do, high-achieving types. Cue ‘strong, independent woman’ rhetoric lol.

OP, is this correct or am I just reading too much into this? Because if this is the case, then I can say that the easiest way to cheat on a woman like this is to pretend that you’re striving even harder for work and that’s why you yourself have to take so many different business trips and late-night meetings. Note: if she’s ever been away for more than 2 days herself for ‘business’, she’s probably cheating on you too so go wild.
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Not so fast captain, he said that SHE was the one who refuses to spice things up, not him.
You're not putting yourself into a woman's perspective. She is either emotionally bored or has lost respect for him or both (unless you think she's always been this way with every man she's fvcked), and both of those require an emotional solution... you can't solve that problem by non-emotional means. You can't solve it by "spicing up the sex life" any more than you can by "buying her flowers", "writing notes", "telling her how much you love her" or some other bullshyt like that.

Women live and communicate emotionally and need emotional handling..... understanding this makes women so simple. It's like being able to see in infrared or ultraviolett. In fact, she would probably grow more despondent at realizing a man doesn't understand that and doesn't understand why "spicing up the sex life" doesn't "fix" it as you think.

It's true that he may never have particularly liked her to begin with, but what I just explained is true regardless. And if he felt that way toward her, you could consider that she may have felt the same ambivalence toward him if you think twice. Again, unless you think she's always been this way with every man she's fvcked.
 
Last edited:

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2018
Messages
630
Reaction score
670
Age
43
OP I was in a somewhat similar situation.

I had lost attraction for my wife..was always thinking about how great it would be to be with other women and get some variety.

I never did cheat on her. But, I did fantasize and day dream and flirt with other women.

Anyway, the marriage fell apart because I was always away working or boxing or doing other hobbies. Wife at the time felt very neglected, which she was.

I've been divorced for about a year now. Yes, it was pretty wild at first going out, meeting new chicks and having flings. But I have to tell you it loses its luster after awhile. I'm spinning 2 plates now, but dont see a future with either of them unfortunately.

All of that to say, I had a pretty wife, very attentive to me, a good woman, but also kind of vanilla. If I could take back the wild nights with all of the different women I've been with in the last year, I would to get my marriage back. Just bc the flings aren't stabile and not fulfilling and a good wife is hard to find.

My advice if you are married to a good woman that for the most part takes care of herself, is not to cheat.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
OP I was in a somewhat similar situation.

I had lost attraction for my wife..was always thinking about how great it would be to be with other women and get some variety.

I never did cheat on her. But, I did fantasize and day dream and flirt with other women.

Anyway, the marriage fell apart because I was always away working or boxing or doing other hobbies. Wife at the time felt very neglected, which she was.

I've been divorced for about a year now. Yes, it was pretty wild at first going out, meeting new chicks and having flings. But I have to tell you it loses its luster after awhile. I'm spinning 2 plates now, but dont see a future with either of them unfortunately.

All of that to say, I had a pretty wife, very attentive to me, a good woman, but also kind of vanilla. If I could take back the wild nights with all of the different women I've been with in the last year, I would to get my marriage back. Just bc the flings aren't stabile and not fulfilling and a good wife is hard to find.

My advice if you are married to a good woman that for the most part takes care of herself, is not to cheat.
Takes care of herself but what about him?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
411
Reaction score
113
Location
Houston,TX
I don't mean to hijack this thread...
I'm 27 and never been married
What % of married guys cheat and what % of married women cheat?

I swear there have been some married women who if I gave them a compliment coming from the intention to talk about things from womens view as a friene......they'd actually kind of flirt like a lot of single women do....i don't push the buttons thouh and really only using them for their information

I'm asking out of curiosity and wouldn't actually cheat if I'm married because I'd just get a divorce if things were literally going that south and than I'd cheat lol...
 

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Messages
1,863
Reaction score
1,221
OP I was in a somewhat similar situation.

I had lost attraction for my wife..was always thinking about how great it would be to be with other women and get some variety.

I never did cheat on her. But, I did fantasize and day dream and flirt with other women.

Anyway, the marriage fell apart because I was always away working or boxing or doing other hobbies. Wife at the time felt very neglected, which she was.

I've been divorced for about a year now. Yes, it was pretty wild at first going out, meeting new chicks and having flings. But I have to tell you it loses its luster after awhile. I'm spinning 2 plates now, but dont see a future with either of them unfortunately.

All of that to say, I had a pretty wife, very attentive to me, a good woman, but also kind of vanilla. If I could take back the wild nights with all of the different women I've been with in the last year, I would to get my marriage back. Just bc the flings aren't stabile and not fulfilling and a good wife is hard to find.

My advice if you are married to a good woman that for the most part takes care of herself, is not to cheat.
that's honest Stoic
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
What % of married guys cheat and what % of married women cheat?
Summation:

Everything I keep reading confirms what my first point was, which is that the population-wide divorce rate itself is not useful as an indicator of whether your own relationship is gonna be healthy and how long it'll last. It's much better to actually map out who the persons involved are in terms of traits that predict infidelity and divorce.

Two introverted people who are low in neuroticism, high in conscientiousness, have no addictions or substance use, have compatible habit expectations and regularly attend church together have a virtually non-existent risk of infidelity or divorce compared to two non-conscientious, neurotic extroverts who like to drink, do drugs and party, fight over finances and home habits and have never seen the inside of a church, but the population-wide average sorts them both together.
Explanation of the above:


 
Last edited:

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
411
Reaction score
113
Location
Houston,TX

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2018
Messages
630
Reaction score
670
Age
43
Takes care of herself but what about him?
I mean takes care of herself physically. Looks good for him.

@op, not to get too up in your business,but was your wife adventurous in bed before and recently not so much? Is she withholding sex?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top