Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Many Of You Have Symptoms Of Covid?

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that a serious question? You keep the cotton balls in your outer ears. They're just there to retain the alcohol, to help give it an opportunity to soak in.
Well, you said inner ear, which isn't your ear canal And upper-resp infections tend not to have the ear canal as a vector. That pesky ear-drum gets in the way.

So it's unclear what alcohol in the ear canal will accomplish, other than perhaps loosen up some ear wax.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally would be very reticent to pour alcohol in my ear canals.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry if I was being a d ick. I'm not any kind of medical professional. I was simply relaying advice that was given to me, by a friend who's a PhD biochemist. I tried it, and it has worked for me, all but one time I tried it, over there past 20 years. Thought I'd pass it along, with the disclaimer that I'm not qualified to give medical advice.

As I understand it, the infection can migrate from your sinuses to your ears, during the head cold phase, which is why you may experience itchy ears. Pouring alcohol into your ears may not knock out the sinus infection, but it can help to sufficiently weaken the infection, so that your immune system can cut the cold/flu short, before it moves to your chest, prolonging the cold/flu, and compounding your misery, by making it difficult to breathe, and possibly allowing it to develop into bronchitis/pneumonia.

Try it if you like. It has worked for me. Helps if you start doing it at the first signs of a possible head cold, instead of waiting to see where it goes.
Fair enough. To me it just smacked of an anecdotal home remedy without a lot of substantiation. I'll b1tch up and down about my ex all day, but one thing I do share is her view on Evidence Based Medicine. If your buddy's remedy had some evidence behind it, it would more likely to be mainstream knowledge.

And, as I understand it, as a layman who got his medical knowledge via osmosis by being married to a medical-student-then-physician...

You are at least partly correct about the migration. But what is more likely to happen is that the infection in your throat/sinuses can make its way into the middle ear via the Eustachian Tube, the opening of which is in the back of your throat. So you can get ear pain, fullness, etc. as the cold progresses. Putting alcohol in the ear canal would be unlikely to affect that outcome, as the eardrum blocks the passage of the alcohol into the middle ear (which is a good thing).

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine tested positive. He posted on social media about it. Said he had a fever, lost his sense of taste and smell, and basically felt hungover for a week. He said that is more or less the best case scenario and he's recovering.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From a credible source:

"Chinese doctors have discovered the coronavirus is designed to attach to lung receptors that are five times more common in Asian males than in African or Indo-European males. Asian females also have less than half the amount of these receptors than Asian males".

Coronavirus is killing 71 to 80 percent men compared to 20 to 29 percent women:

There is a Dr. in NY who has had great success in treating it. Problem is ggoole is controlling the algorithm on searches so this info doesn't come up as much or at all. The New York doctor also posted a video explaining his success with hydroxychloroquine and Zinc. His treatment resulted in the shortness of breath issue being resolved in 4 to 6 hours. Dr. Zelenko in his study had zero deaths, zero hospitalizations and zero intubations!

Im certain a family member and friend had it back in late Nov. They were all healthy in their 30's who got stuck in bed for over week with all the symptoms and the most violent cough I've personally ever seen. They didn't go to the Dr, eventually got better but the cough lingered for 2 months. We know it was here in early Jan so the timing fits.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I’ll be 100% honest here. I believe I already had it back in January. This was WAY before the crazy **** started happening. I was wrecked for two weeks straight. Symptoms all the same. Doc said it was a sinus infection/upper respiratory. I felt it was more than that due to my symptoms. Symptoms were: sore throat, phlegm drip, green and bloody snot/chest congestion, fever of 102.6 (mind you I was taking Tylenol), had a tough time breathing especially at night laying down(had to be propped up), body aches were horrible.
Imagine that hitting ur parents or grandparents.

Somehow I suspect millions has it and has developed some sort of immunity by now.

More towards mitigation right now.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I somehow hv soulforge's contact number, who's in the UK right now and free to inquire abt his condition/pay him a visit ?

I could pass his number via PM.

@DEEZEDBRAH you free to check up on a fellow brother?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect i have it

Symptoms come and go in waves
At night its severe and i struggle to breath and constantly have dry cough
During the day I'm fine besides the occasional dry cough
Very fatigued all day
Runny nose

I went to the clinic near me and they told me to go to the hospital to get tested
Went to the hospital and they said they won't test me since I haven't been overaeas or been in contact with a confirmed case

They just old me to go home and self isolate

That was a week ago, symptoms are getting worse and it's getting harder and harder to breath.

I'm in Australia and my lungs were already damaged from all the bushfire smoke we had, I don't know What to do as the hospital won't even bother seeing me or testing me.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suspect i have it

Very fatigued all day
Runny nose

I went to the clinic near me and they told me to go to the hospital to get tested
Went to the hospital and they said they won't test me since I haven't been overaeas or been in contact with a confirmed case

That was a week ago, symptoms are getting worse and it's getting harder and harder to breath.

I'm in Australia and my lungs were already damaged from all the bushfire smoke we had, I don't know What to do as the hospital won't even bother seeing me or testing me.
Dry cough is a very good sign that you might have it, along with shortness of breath. Go to the emergency and tell them you can't breathe since it got worse.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know What to do as the hospital won't even bother seeing me or testing me.
Don't give up on your health.
I feel mad for you being treated like this.
I get the pressure the health staff is under too.
Go back to the hospital on a shift change or in the middle of the opposite shift. example: if they're working 12s go just after the beginning of the next shift when a whole new set of fresh staff has started.
Another example: if you went previously at 3pm in the afternoon, set your alarm to get up and go at 3am middle of the night.

2nd idea for you: call or contact the media. The bigger, conservative, national media there in Australia that will get picked up by Reuters or others and reported internationally. Example CBC in Canada, BBC in the UK, what is the Australia equivalent?
You'll get help of some sort after that story gets released.

"Australia is running low on overworked hospital staff and turning away dying residents with no more test kit supplies for testing" or some such headline.

You won't die, just makes a more sensationalist headline to get more help internationally.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Dry cough is a very good sign that you might have it, along with shortness of breath. Go to the emergency and tell them you can't breathe since it got worse.
I've most likely got it been traveling on public transport with a lot of people coughing and sneezing, I just hope to God my family hasn't got it. I have been really careful with self isolating

Force a doctor to put you on THIS protocol, ASAP. Doctor shop until you find one who will
How effective is this though? I've been taking Zinc and Viatmin C supplements daily but they have had no noticeable effect
If they test you then it dilutes the "zomg so high percentage of deaths".

This is getting pretty stupid now in regards to denying testing for suspected carriers.
I'm 100% sure that's the case, also politicians and celebs get priority even if they don't meet the criteria

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Don't give up on your health.
I feel mad for you being treated like this.
I get the pressure the health staff is under too.
Go back to the hospital on a shift change or in the middle of the opposite shift. example: if they're working 12s go just after the beginning of the next shift when a whole new set of fresh staff has started.
Another example: if you went previously at 3pm in the afternoon, set your alarm to get up and go at 3am middle of the night.

2nd idea for you: call or contact the media. The bigger, conservative, national media there in Australia that will get picked up by Reuters or others and reported internationally. Example CBC in Canada, BBC in the UK, what is the Australia equivalent?
You'll get help of some sort after that story gets released.

"Australia is running low on overworked hospital staff and turning away dying residents with no more test kit supplies for testing" or some such headline.

You won't die, just makes a more sensationalist headline to get more help internationally.
I've been to two clinics and two hospital's one in Westmead and the other one in thr city which is called Royale prince Alfred Hospital. Both denied me testing and both didn't do anything to treat me or even prescribe anything.

They told me to go home and self isolate. That's literally it. The closest thing we have to conservative media is a Radio Station called 2GB here in Australia, I will have to give them a call tomorrow.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect i have it

Very fatigued all day
Runny nose

Perhaps there's fluids in ur lungs - when lying down you're having problems breathing vs whilst standing up.

Go to the emergency and the doc's there are duty bound to do a thorough check up.

If that fails then check into a privately run hospital, those won't turn away any patient since they all want to make money.

Just remember this virus most likely affects those who are elderly and has underlying problems like diabetes, high blood pressure or heart problems - so keep calm.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is there is no cure to this so the hospitals cant really help except in some borderline cases that need ventilators. The body has to heal itself at the end of the day. Even if you are in a hospital. Many people are dying in hospitals just look at the morgue refridgerated trucks carrying the dead from NYC when the ventilators dont even work.

Important people, in a social sense get priority since they deal with lots of people and can spread the virus. But that would include front line workers and people in positions where they are in the public eye.

The point is you should not feel anxious.or angry and aggrevate your fragile system. Do what you are already doing and stay the course and pray to God. Call out to Jesus with every difficult breath and see if He will open up your lungs. Say Jesus, help me. Jesus, help me. Jesus, help me.

You will eventually meet Jesus so make sure you are in good terms with God. The worst thing is to end up in hell. So make sure your sins are confessed and that you have asked Jesus to come into your heart.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is there is no cure to this so the hospitals cant really help except in some borderline cases that need ventilators. The body has to heal itself at the end of the day. Even if you are in a hospital. Many people are dying in hospitals just look at the morgue refridgerated trucks carrying the dead from NYC when the ventilators dont even work.

Important people, in a social sense get priority since they deal with lots of people and can spread the virus. But that would include front line workers and people in positions where they are in the public eye.

The point is you should not feel anxious.or angry and aggrevate your fragile system. Do what you are already doing and stay the course and pray to God. Call out to Jesus with every difficult breath and see if He will open up your lungs. Say Jesus, help me. Jesus, help me. Jesus, help me.

You will eventually meet Jesus so make sure you are in good terms with God. The worst thing is to end up in hell. So make sure your sins are confessed and that you have asked Jesus to come into your heart.
what load of.....

good news to @Georgepithyou is he is young, he will not die, chances are they don't want to use a test kit on you since you are young, and chances are they are already running over it, as long it don't go over pneumonia, rest, drink water and eat well

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what load of.....

good news to @Georgepithyou is he is young, he will not die, chances are they don't want to use a test kit on you since you are young, and chances are they are already running over it, as long it don't go over pneumonia, rest, drink water and eat well

According to the stats unless you are under 9 years old of age, there is a .02% chance. If you are male you are at higher risk than if you are female. If you have pre-existing conditions then you are at higher risk than those who have no conditions.

He complained that he has trouble breathing and its worst this week than it was last week. You have another poster named "soulforge" who started the thread who just disappeared despite the mods even asking him if he's okay when he complained he had trouble breathing. That doesn't bother you?

Its very easy for you to talk when you are healthy and are not struggling to breathe.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

According to the stats unless you are under 9 years old of age, there is a .02% chance. If you are male you are at higher risk than if you are female. If you have pre-existing conditions then you are at higher risk than those who have no conditions.

He complained that he has trouble breathing and its worst this week than it was last week. You have another poster named "soulforge" who started the thread who just disappeared despite the mods even asking him if he's okay when he complained he had trouble breathing. That doesn't bother you?

Its very easy for you to talk when you are healthy and are not struggling to breathe.
no it don't, I can't control, help or protect people who are far from me so there is nothing to do, so it don't bother me, its a virus, you can only treat the bad feeling, and wait till the virus run his course, hence why the weaker your body is easier for you get worse, for now he can only rest, good new is he is young and only feel bad when he lay down, now is a good moment for him to try and sleep sitting, or find a comfortable position and endure

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try Essential Oils like Eucalyptus and mix it with boiling water. Don't think people are panic buying essential oils like that and if you mix them with hot steam then at least its something while trying to get to the hospital. It may be a good idea to stock up on this if you don't have any symptoms right now just in case. This is just a stop-gap idea if you are rejected for treatment by the hospital because they are not taking your symptoms seriously...you have to try. (i.e. do these hospitals expect you to actually collapse on the floor before they take you in? Some of these stories on this board are crazy that there is such a fractured relationship with the hosptial). As a precaution I'm also taking two cloves of garlic, and a ****tail of lemon, ginger / turmeric shots and Vitamin C.

Seem to have more anxiety symptoms relating to this and as such I also use Lavinder essential oil for its calming effect properties. Anxiety also manifests some symptoms parallel to this virus and could be confused with each other.

To learn the difference of symptoms between Anxiety/Panic Attacks and Covid19, here is a link:

Last edited:

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try Essential Oils like Eucalyptus and mix it with boiling water. Don't think people are panic buying essential oils like that and if you mix them with hot steam then at least its something while trying to get to the hospital. It may be a good idea to stock up on this if you don't have any symptoms right now just in case. This is just a stop-gap idea if you are rejected for treatment by the hospital because they are not taking your symptoms seriously...you have to try. (i.e. do these hospitals expect you to actually collapse on the floor before they take you in? Some of these stories on this board are crazy that there is such a fractured relationship with the hosptial). As a precaution I'm also taking two cloves of garlic, and a ****tail of lemon, ginger / turmeric shots and Vitamin C.

Seem to have more anxiety symptoms relating to this and as such I also use Lavinder essential oil for its calming effect properties. Anxiety also manifests some symptoms parallel to this virus and could be confused with each other.

To learn the difference of symptoms between Anxiety/Panic Attacks and Covid19, here is a link:

Tumeric needs a fat to increase bioavailability

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, it's been a week, and we haven't heard from @soulforge. Maybe he got himself checked into a hospital? Maybe he's been sick in bed? Maybe he's been working long hours or banging a lot of girls. It just seems odd that he hasn't posted, because with all the social isolating, you'd think people would be more likely to get onto their computers and post. Anyway, hope he's all right, and we'll be hearing from him soon.