Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Vitamin D guys

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the last little while things haven't been working right down stairs I stopped shooting bullets I would get off but shoot blanks. I'm 43 thinking fvck that isn't good searched the internet if you lack vitamin D it has an effect on testosterone. Living in Canada the sun only comes out for 2 months of the year lol we don't get the D from sunshine. Been taking D3 1000IU for just shy of a week notice a difference a guy starts to feel horny again, going to ramp it up to 3000IU. Back to taking fish oil pills again as well that is supposed to help with your wellbeing.

I'm finding as I move in my 40s things are changing its not like I was in my 30s and definitely not like it was in my 20s.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You should be taking somewhere between 5000-10000 IUs a day. 1000 or 3000 is going to put your vitamin D levels barely at minimum ranges. Anyone who is north of South Carolina should be taking vitamin D regularly as even if you are out in the sun its not strong enough to do much in terms of Vitamin D production for 7 months of the year.

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be taking somewhere between 5000-10000 IUs a day. 1000 or 3000 is going to put your vitamin D levels barely at minimum ranges. Anyone who is north of South Carolina should be taking vitamin D regularly as even if you are out in the sun its not strong enough to do much in terms of Vitamin D production for 7 months of the year.
Really that much? That seems pretty high I will gradually raise it so I don’t end up with some kind of side effects.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Really that much? That seems pretty high I will gradually raise it so I don’t end up with some kind of side effects.
Its not high you are just misinformed like most of the general public probably because people get sick with low Vitamin D levels and big Pharma takes advantage. Go reference studies that have been done showing that on average people need 7-8000 IUs to maintain good levels. I have taken 10000 IUs for decades with no issues.

There are no side effects unless you start taking crazy doses like 50000 IUs

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Informative , will try it.
I tend to lack energy in the winter, im in Canafa also

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not high you are just misinformed like most of the general public probably because people get sick with low Vitamin D levels and big Pharma takes advantage. Go reference studies that have been done showing that on average people need 7-8000 IUs to maintain good levels. I have taken 10000 IUs for decades with no issues.

There are no side effects unless you start taking crazy doses like 50000 IUs
Thanks for the info I will increase my D intake

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking supplements myself actually. If you're taking a large amount you may want to look into co-factors too.
I actually had a deficiency and it gave me like 0 energy every day, was horrible.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Are you really trusting these guys with your life? Get some bloodwork done and find out if you actually have a deficiency or not.
Lmao!! With your life? Dude give me a break. Vitamin D is among the safest thing you could take.

And lets talk about normal versus optimal. If you had T levels of 300 you would be considered "normal" but is that optimal? Hell no.

The goal should not be to simply not be deficient it should be to be at optimal levels which is quite a bit higher than simply being at minimal levels, especially since Vitamin D is so closely linked to your overall health.

So sure go get your levels checked but if you aren't getting strong direct sunlight you can't produce it and considering 85% of the population or more are either deficient or far from optimal its a pretty safe bet that you should know whether you need it or not.

Reaction score
Lmao!! With your life? Dude give me a break. Vitamin D is among the safest thing you could take.

And lets talk about normal versus optimal. If you had T levels of 300 you would be considered "normal" but is that optimal? Hell no.

The goal should not be to simply not be deficient it should be to be at optimal levels which is quite a bit higher than simply being at minimal levels, especially since Vitamin D is so closely linked to your overall health.

So sure go get your levels checked but if you aren't getting strong direct sunlight you can't produce it and considering 85% of the population or more are either deficient or far from optimal its a pretty safe bet that you should know whether you need it or not.
Why am I even responding to this guy: his childish tantrum is clear evidence of hormonal imbalance. VitD is fat soluble, and you should exercise some caution with supplementation in such cases, as opposed to water soluble which you just pee out.

VitD is relatively safe, but everyone reacts differently to drugs, supplements, and various foods. Also, some supplements are absolute sh1t in terms of quality. It's best to do some research and preferably get a blood test done.

I take 1,000 to 2,000 i.u/day as supplementation from a reputable brand.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
Don't listen to this guy, listen to your body and a medical professional. If you experience negative symptoms from increasing your dose then reduce it. Vitamin D is NOT the safest thing to take, but it normally isn't particularly dangerous. Some vitamins you can take a lot of without much problems, others are dangerous. Excess vitamin D is stored in fat where it may build up, if it ever reaches a toxic level you'll probably feel like sh!t for months because it releases slowly from fat.

The safe upper limit set by professionals is 4000 IU per day. Some say up to 10000 IU is fine, so I guess if you want to stretch it then at least don't go beyond that.

Saying it's the safest thing you could take is a straight up lie, however you'd have to go way above recommended limits to reach toxicity unless there's something wrong with your body.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Why am I even responding to this guy: his childish tantrum is clear evidence of hormonal imbalance. VitD is fat soluble, and you should exercise some caution with supplementation in such cases, as opposed to water soluble which you just pee out.

VitD is relatively safe, but everyone reacts differently to drugs, supplements, and various foods. Also, some supplements are absolute sh1t in terms of quality. It's best to do some research and preferably get a blood test done.

I take 1,000 to 2,000 i.u/day as supplementation from a reputable brand.
Its hilarious that people are scared to death of vitamin D overdose but pop drugs with all kinds of side effects every day that include death like chiclets because their doctor said its OK.

Think for yourself and do your own research.

Don't listen to me, listen to this.

7 year study showing long term supplementation of 20000 to 50000 IU with no negative side effects and marked improvement of some chronic conditions like psoriasis.

Reaction score
Don't listen to me, listen to this. Its hilarious that people are scared to death of vitamin D overdose but pop drugs with all kinds of side effects every day that include death like chiclets because their doctor said its OK.

Think for yourself and do your own research.

7 year study showing long term supplementation of 20000 to 50000 IU with no negative side effects and marked improvement of some chronic conditions like psoriasis.

I don't take any pharmaceuticals of any kind. Don't put words in my mouth. My point was that OP should do his own research first and exercise caution with fat solubles in particular as opposed to water solubles. I don't make medical claims but common sense dictates that people's reactions to foods, drugs, supplements, alcohol, caffeine etc varies enormously. Caution is advisable.

I would dial it down with the caffeine in your case. You sound like you're about to have an anxiety attack. Over VitD of all things.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Don't listen to this guy, listen to your body and a medical professional. If you experience negative symptoms from increasing your dose then reduce it. Vitamin D is NOT the safest thing to take, but it normally isn't particularly dangerous. Some vitamins you can take a lot of without much problems, others are dangerous. Excess vitamin D is stored in fat where it may build up, if it ever reaches a toxic level you'll probably feel like sh!t for months because it releases slowly from fat.

The safe upper limit set by professionals is 4000 IU per day. Some say up to 10000 IU is fine, so I guess if you want to stretch it then at least don't go beyond that.

Saying it's the safest thing you could take is a straight up lie, however you'd have to go way above recommended limits to reach toxicity unless there's something wrong with your body.
These are the same professionals who think its a good idea to supplement many things with calcium to prevent osteoporosis even as every study done shows this has no positive effect and actually negatively effects it because the problem isn't lack of calcium its that the calcium cannot get to the bones due to lack of Magnesium, D3 and K2 in people's diets. The excess calcium leads to atherosclerosis(the leading cause of heart attacks which is the leading cause of death), and numerous other problems.

The same professionals who think its a good idea to add Fluoride to the water supply even tho every study has shown that Fluoride only works when used directly on the teeth themselves and not ingested and can in fact cause serious health problems over time.

The same professionals who have caused people to be terrified of the sun and tell people to put sunscreen on which eliminates their ability to synthesis vitamin D due to fear of skin cancer but fails to tell you that 10x the amount of people get cancers of many kinds due to insufficient Vitamin D levels.

Be careful of what "professionals" you listen to. They may not have your best interest in mind but rather the pharmaceutical companies who profit off their advice

Reaction score
The "fear" of skin cancer is not unwarranted. For those with fair skin tones, there is a significant risk. I have a light olive complexion but even then the LA sun beating down on me led to occasional sunburn at which point I did start using daily sunscreen. I'm not afraid to go out in the sun, but a daily sunscreen is important for most people who get several hours of exposure.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
the problem isn't lack of calcium its that the calcium cannot get to the bones due to lack of Magnesium, D3 and K2 in people's diets.
This is well known among professionals.

The same professionals who think its a good idea to add Fluoride to the water supply even tho every study has shown that Fluoride only works when used directly on the teeth themselves and not ingested and can in fact cause serious health problems over time.
Such as this review of 214 studies that concludes that water fluoridation decreases caries, causes a slight increase in dental fluorosis but no clear evidence of other potential adverse effects?

The same professionals who have caused people to be terrified of the sun and tell people to put sunscreen on which eliminates their ability to synthesis vitamin D due to fear of skin cancer but fails to tell you that 10x the amount of people get cancers of many kinds due to insufficient Vitamin D levels.
This review seems to disagree with your claim.
Practical real life use of sunscreen doesn't lower vitamin D levels much, it does however significantly reduce the risks of sunburn and skin cancer. Better to use sunscreen and if in doubt take vitamin D supplements.

Be careful of what "professionals" you listen to.
Indeed, I'd rather listen to the real professionals than some random armchair doctor on a forum about picking up women.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been taking a 5000 IU for years. My doc told me 10000 IU a day should be max dose. Regardless, you should have your levels checked at least annually by a doc.