Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sleep for Professionals

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. One of my goals this year in college is to be completely professional/responsible before I graduate.

So I know how to structure to-do lists, subjugate my short term emotions for my long term outcome, plan my goals a bit at a time, and constantly be doing whatever it is that will bring me closer to said goal.

But what is really harming me is my relationship with sleep.

Some people say "fvck sleep. Get your sh*t done at all costs. I'll cut my sleep if I have to." Others say you need to get enough sleep to function. Today I barely got any sleep and I couldn't stay focused at all in class, not one bit. Might as well have not gone. On top of that, I ended up crashing and oversleeping my last class. I can't be doing that.

But others say to get 7 hours every night or you won't be able to function.

So which one is it? How do the professionals here handle it? Should I just get as much sleep as I can in general... And take a nap and set an alarm if I'm really worn out?

What do you do if you accidentally ended up in a situation where you couldn't get enough sleep? Say you stayed out too late with friends?

What do you do if you're out at the club until 4 AM running NightGame on a Thursday Night, and then you have work at 8 AM? Should you go to bed and set 20 alarms to get a few hours of sleep? Or should you just stay up to not risk oversleeping work?

Or am I just being a baby/lazy, and I need to get over being sleep deprived sometimes? How do you all function at school/work sleep deprived? I feel like I'm operating at 25% brain capacity.

I think you had recommended the book "Why We Sleep" @DEEZEDBRAH .

Opinions from some professionals on here would be great. I wanna be the ultimate responsible guy.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-8 hours is normal and “adequate.” 6 is just barely so, passable if sedentary. Not passable if physically active. I find 5 hours can be done also but one night only - not on any consecutive nights. That’s for emergencies. Under 5 hours definitely there is notable fatigue and reduced cognitive function.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are "running night game" at 4am you have failed in the priorities department. That's like having a minimum wage job with a graveyard shift before you go to your real money earner.

No woman worth spending time with is going to be out between midnight and 4 on a weeknight.

Besides, you aren't going to be on your best presentation anyway....

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an insomniac, and one of the reasons that I have retired early from a professional career is so that I could have the freedom to sleep when I want, and not have to be awake & functioning for a 10-hour block of time. Back when I had a regular job and sometimes hit the bars on Thursdays, I would just make it groggily through Friday. As I got into my later 20s, I completely abandoned that - although after I stopped working full-time in my early 30s :eek: and enjoyed Hefneresque hours, I would do weeknight game from time to time at a swing dance place; I think there were some quality gals there, although lots of cougars. :rolleyes:

I even abandoned standard weekend-night game (only hanging around friends at neighborhood-type bars, without the attitude that I was in pick-up mode) once I got into doing church social dances, as my success rate was far higher there - at least until that dried up. After that, I began to see my situation as being "over", at least in the USA.

In general though, the whole idea that men have to expend energy and sleeptime on socializing just to secure poontang is just an indication that men have allowed female hypergamy to rule over them. This social schema rewards men who don't have good careers (e.g., bartenders, unemployed) and can devote time at night for game over those men that have good careers. It's totally screwed up.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. One of my goals this year in college is to be completely professional/responsible before I graduate.

So I know how to structure to-do lists, subjugate my short term emotions for my long term outcome, plan my goals a bit at a time, and constantly be doing whatever it is that will bring me closer to said goal.

But what is really harming me is my relationship with sleep.

Some people say "fvck sleep. Get your sh*t done at all costs. I'll cut my sleep if I have to." Others say you need to get enough sleep to function. Today I barely got any sleep and I couldn't stay focused at all in class, not one bit. Might as well have not gone. On top of that, I ended up crashing and oversleeping my last class. I can't be doing that.

But others say to get 7 hours every night or you won't be able to function.

So which one is it? How do the professionals here handle it? Should I just get as much sleep as I can in general... And take a nap and set an alarm if I'm really worn out?

What do you do if you accidentally ended up in a situation where you couldn't get enough sleep? Say you stayed out too late with friends?

What do you do if you're out at the club until 4 AM running NightGame on a Thursday Night, and then you have work at 8 AM? Should you go to bed and set 20 alarms to get a few hours of sleep? Or should you just stay up to not risk oversleeping work?

Or am I just being a baby/lazy, and I need to get over being sleep deprived sometimes? How do you all function at school/work sleep deprived? I feel like I'm operating at 25% brain capacity.

I think you had recommended the book "Why We Sleep" @DEEZEDBRAH .

Opinions from some professionals on here would be great. I wanna be the ultimate responsible guy.
If I was a college lad, I'd be wilding out. At 30, I won't compromise my sleep.

Anybody reading, check why we sleep. Top book. I would argue top 3. I read 2-3 a week. Its fantastic. alternative, check JRE 1109 podcast. Its LIFE changing.

ITS NOT DEBATABLE.

Exercise common sense. If you must, sacrifice sleep. Say, product launch or something happen in biz. I must handle my ****. My standard is, sleep first. I won't compromise sleep to pull. 110% SRS!

No girl is worth it.

85% decrease in out in the gym. There's no substitute for 8hrs of REM sleep. Sure fire way to 10x game. It's not like it fixes everything. You just don't get in your own way. Instead of punching a target you punch through the target. Instead of running to the finish line, you run through it.

You finish the set. Maximum output. From a holistic approach, optimization of brain chemistry and health. Combine lifting, nutrition and game, it's fire.

Test. See the difference between the two approaches.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an insomniac, and one of the reasons that I have retired early from a professional career is so that I could have the freedom to sleep when I want, and not have to be awake & functioning for a 10-hour block of time. Back when I had a regular job and sometimes hit the bars on Thursdays, I would just make it groggily through Friday. As I got into my later 20s, I completely abandoned that - although after I stopped working full-time in my early 30s :eek: and enjoyed Hefneresque hours, I would do weeknight game from time to time at a swing dance place; I think there were some quality gals there, although lots of cougars. :rolleyes:

I even abandoned standard weekend-night game (only hanging around friends at neighborhood-type bars, without the attitude that I was in pick-up mode) once I got into doing church social dances, as my success rate was far higher there - at least until that dried up. After that, I began to see my situation as being "over", at least in the USA.

In general though, the whole idea that men have to expend energy and sleeptime on socializing just to secure poontang is just an indication that men have allowed female hypergamy to rule over them. This social schema rewards men who don't have good careers (e.g., bartenders, unemployed) and can devote time at night for game over those men that have good careers. It's totally screwed up.
After Doc Walkers book, I am a firm believer we're wired different. Some are morning people. Others are night owls. I never cared to prioritize it. I do now.

I got a sleep mask. Amazon UK was inexpensive. I dim my phone and TV. No blue light. I am darkening my room. New blinds. New matress. New pillow. I meditate. I cut pre workouts. I lift earlier. I avoid stimulants. I fast. I'm aware of fasting fatigueso me. I'm incline to sleep instead of breaking fast.

Prioritize it. Many elderly people deem being old and feel weak. Little did they know it's a lack of sleep or REM sleep. Busted sleep sucks. Sleep apnea kills. It legit takes time off your life. Many dudes are unaware.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can try to cut out sleep but it lowers your productivity and health if you do it.

I do my best to ensure I get 8 hours of sleep every night and I can absolutely say it makes me far sharper and more aware than when I get less.

If you need more hours in a day, become more effective and efficient, don't deny your mind and body the recharge time they need. It comes back to bite you if you do.
+1

More deep REM sleep and you get more done in less time. Seriously, sleep could be prescribed. It's free. It's epic.

I get AP, he might sync, lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis.

I currently read, Tibetan yoga of dream and sleep. I honestly attributes much of game to sleep, holistic, meditation, tripping. It's all brain chemistry, setup new pathway in the brain, and transcend.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Sleep is priority #1 for me. I work two jobs most weeks and occasionally a third one. Working a 16 hour day is fine. But then I have got to have six hours sleep minimum preferably eight. I have had women badger me Over my sleep requirements and I dumped them. Just like you don’t mess with my kid, you also don’t mess with my sleep. I have a friend who brags that he only need two or three hours sleep. He’s 47. And he’s in the hospital overnight for something at least once a month. His health is dropping exponentially and he will be dead by 50-55 cuz he thinks depriving himself of sleep is the cool thing to do.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After Doc Walkers book, I am a firm believer we're wired different. Some are morning people. Others are night owls. I never cared to prioritize it. I do now.

I got a sleep mask. Amazon UK was inexpensive. I dim my phone and TV. No blue light. I am darkening my room. New blinds. New matress. New pillow. I meditate. I cut pre workouts. I lift earlier. I avoid stimulants. I fast. I'm aware of fasting fatigueso me. I'm incline to sleep instead of breaking fast.

Prioritize it. Many elderly people deem being old and feel weak. Little did they know it's a lack of sleep or REM sleep. Busted sleep sucks. Sleep apnea kills. It legit takes time off your life. Many dudes are unaware.
I use this app called f.lux on my notebook that modulates the light spectrum to simulate the yellowing of dusk.

When folks ask me why I look so young for my age, I tell them I make sure to get my beauty sleep.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use this app called f.lux on my notebook that modulates the light spectrum to simulate the yellowing of dusk.

When folks ask me why I look so young for my age, I tell them I make sure to get my beauty sleep.
Rsd Tyler recommended E Braverman younger thinner you diet book. He could definitely use it at lol. Too much money and poon has its downside but I digress.

The book emphasis on adjusting diet, add herbs and spices to spike AcH, serotonin , gaba, dopamine. it warns readers, you are not your age but as old as the oldest organ in the body.

I don't **** with drugs especially blow or booze. I don't **** with my sleep. I'm stupid selfish with my sleep. a weekend in ibiza, a cancun spring break get away, a after party, one off etc is whatever. it's a outlier.

MAn must be selfish here. we die sooner due to neglect.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleep is priority #1 for me. I work two jobs most weeks and occasionally a third one. Working a 16 hour day is fine. But then I have got to have six hours sleep minimum preferably eight. I have had women badger me Over my sleep requirements and I dumped them. Just like you don’t mess with my kid, you also don’t mess with my sleep. I have a friend who brags that he only need two or three hours sleep. He’s 47. And he’s in the hospital overnight for something at least once a month. His health is dropping exponentially and he will be dead by 50-55 cuz he thinks depriving himself of sleep is the cool thing to do.
there's a Schwarzenegger vblog. he argues 6hrs. I am not Schwarzenegger. 8 is my aim. 6 of deep REM sleep is epic.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleep above food and sex. At least 7 hours a night if not more. Otherwise it will screw everything up. You will be tired all day, lagging, irritable, looking unprofessional.

Throughout the year, you should be pulling only ONE all nighter. More than that you are not studying right.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
If for some reason you only have a few hours before you must get up...

1. It’s better to get some sleep than stay up continuously.

2. Yes, setting multiple alarms and staggering the times (in case you sleep with through one) is critical. For example, if you must be up by 6:30 am, maybe set your cell phone alarm at 6:05, nightstand clock alarm at 6:15, etc.

3. Have some coffee but not too much. Being overtired AND “caffeine drunk” will make you REALLY F-ed up for work. It’s worse than just being tired alone.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick mate, the book is on pdf drive. If you can afford it, its on audible. Its at indigo. Check 1109 jre alternatively. Great read.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick mate, the book is on pdf drive. If you can afford it, its on audible. Its at indigo. Check 1109 jre alternatively. Great read.
Love audiobooks. Great way to get in more reading really fast

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love audiobooks. Great way to get in more reading really fast
Its a worthy purchase. With better sleep, everything lands far better.

I have read Robert Greens Art of Seduction. Its great at dissection of the DJ archetypes. The book king, artist, warrior, magician etc is similar. You can encapsulate the singer from the Killers, Robbie Williams, Russell Brand, and others in a particular DJ archetype. Sasha daygame is another. Flamboyant. Feminine even like Russell Brand.

Its irrelevant. What is irrelevant is to pick a style, a archetype, and go full boar with it. Sleep game easily 10x my life. Have you read it yet?

How's your sleep? How's game? School?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a worthy purchase. With better sleep, everything lands far better.

I have read Robert Greens Art of Seduction. Its great at dissection of the DJ archetypes. The book king, artist, warrior, magician etc is similar. You can encapsulate the singer from the Killers, Robbie Williams, Russell Brand, and others in a particular DJ archetype. Sasha daygame is another. Flamboyant. Feminine even like Russell Brand.

Its irrelevant. What is irrelevant is to pick a style, a archetype, and go full boar with it. Sleep game easily 10x my life. Have you read it yet?

How's your sleep? How's game? School?
I'm listening to Art of Seduction right now actually. I'm not using it as a technical guide or anything. I just wanna read all the Robert Greene books.

Sleep is super inconsistent. Game is cool. Working on my Daygame and getting another hottie in the bag this month. I do that and I'm pretty much on track.

School is pretty good. I need to stay on top of my deadlines harder.

After I get my 8th Bang, I'll do a journal update. I'll go into depth on all my school stuff in there