"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Should I reduce time spent with friend?

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
245
Reaction score
172
Age
30
My best friend introduced me to a girl. Now my only issue is that even though he is in a relationship he's like her emotional sponge. He doesnt go a single day without asking her what she's doing. He is pretty ***** whipped so this new girl loves the attention. And to hang out. She has a few small groups.

I hang out with him 2-3 times a week. Now I dont want to become a regular part of that because I cant seem to isolate her (any ideas?).

Is pulling back and doing other ****/blowing off my friend a good option to not become a regular fixture till I can isolate this girl. For whatever reason its not like he doesnt have others but every plan no matter what he has to call her.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
bros before hoes

fk that wh0re try an tag team her with ur bro
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Unfortunately, because your friend is (as you say) "... whipped" you'll highly likely end up in a triangulated situation.
If you make a move on the gal, she's going to be all over your friend to find out about you. And then he might (or might withhold) her thoughts on the matter. You may even feel betrayed if your friend reveals too much about you to her .. or if he withholds info about her, to you.

Then, if something goes awry, she'll talk to the mutual friend about you and your friend will be in a 'loyalty' dilemma. If you see your friend 2-3 times a week, it sounds like a decent friendship. I'd seriously think on this before making a move.
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
My best friend introduced me to a girl. Now my only issue is that even though he is in a relationship he's like her emotional sponge. He doesnt go a single day without asking her what she's doing. He is pretty ***** whipped so this new girl loves the attention. And to hang out. She has a few small groups.

I hang out with him 2-3 times a week. Now I dont want to become a regular part of that because I cant seem to isolate her (any ideas?).

Is pulling back and doing other ****/blowing off my friend a good option to not become a regular fixture till I can isolate this girl. For whatever reason its not like he doesnt have others but every plan no matter what he has to call her.
if your friend is romantically interested in her and you jump in and scoop her. That could potentially ruin your friendship, he may not introduce you to women anymore, or could destroy some trust. I wouldn’t move on her without his blessing anyway.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
245
Reaction score
172
Age
30
Unfortunately, because your friend is (as you say) "... whipped" you'll highly likely end up in a triangulated situation.
If you make a move on the gal, she's going to be all over your friend to find out about you. And then he might (or might withhold) her thoughts on the matter. You may even feel betrayed if your friend reveals too much about you to her .. or if he withholds info about her, to you.

Then, if something goes awry, she'll talk to the mutual friend about you and your friend will be in a 'loyalty' dilemma. If you see your friend 2-3 times a week, it sounds like a decent friendship. I'd seriously think on this before making a move.
She is already flirting with me. Unless she is an AW I dont see why I shouldn't make a move.
Hypothetically speaking even if something happens and it doesnt work out, Im not gonna stop him from hanging out with her.


if your friend is romantically interested in her and you jump in and scoop her. That could potentially ruin your friendship, he may not introduce you to women anymore, or could destroy some trust. I wouldn’t move on her without his blessing anyway.
My friend isnt romantically interested in her. He already has a relationship. For whatever reason he doesnt hangout with anyone else besides his gf and a few of us guys. Whenever we guys go out he always makes a point to call her.

I just think becoming to familiar to her wont be good.
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
She is already flirting with me. Unless she is an AW I dont see why I shouldn't make a move.
Hypothetically speaking even if something happens and it doesnt work out, Im not gonna stop him from hanging out with her.



My friend isnt romantically interested in her. He already has a relationship. For whatever reason he doesnt hangout with anyone else besides his gf and a few of us guys. Whenever we guys go out he always makes a point to call her.

I just think becoming to familiar to her wont be good.
Okay well in that case. If her interest level for you is high then she’ll make things easy. If she doesn’t make things easy it indicates low interest. Lots of girls will flirt with a guy even though they’re not actually interested.

get her phone number. Then call her and ask her when she’s free to get together for a drink with you. If she does anything other than letting you know when she’s available to do so, then you know that she isn’t interested and you you can say “okay well get in touch when you figure out your schedule, I’ve got to run” end conversation. And don’t agree to her bringing anyone else along.
 
Top