Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend's off-hand comments about my height.

RyanAD

Don Juan
Reaction score
since the start of our 19 month relationship, my girlfriend has made thinly veiled jibes about my height regularly; such as mentioning how tall a guy she kissed years ago was, how tall her friend's boyfriends are etc.

last night I was tired after a very long day of travelling and my girlfriend mentioned that we may double date with her friend and her friend's new date. right after saying that, she mentioned how tall her friend's date was for no reason at all. I responded via text saying that I was really sick of her making vague comments that are clearly related to my apparent lack of stature (i'm 5'8), and we got into a bit of a back and forth argument about it.

This morning, she had a meeting at university in which she received some bad news, so I put last night's argument to the side so that I could comfort her. Later on this evening, I made a sarcastic comment about our argument last night (as I am still pissed off over not receiving an apology), and she is now incredibly annoyed at the fact that I 'pretended to be okay' about our argument and what was said.

am I justified in thinking I'm in the right here?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just let it go. Show you don't give a fvck what other people think. Besides, height you cannot control.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think its intentional, this is disrespect.

Disrespect is not acceptable

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's wrong for needling you about it but if she's having a terrible day its the wrong time to finally decide to tell her it annoys you.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely unacceptable.

You should not tolerate these insults. The way to handle it is not to get mad, but rather distance yourself with a very emotionless and matter-of-fact statement that she has made it clear that height is an issue for her, and that you wish her the best.

Be a machine. Emotionless and ruthless. If she comes back begging, consider what you want to do. If not, you've gotten rid of a toxic person in your life.

This should absolutely not be tolerated.

Here's how you are guaranteed to lose: Argue with her about it. Do you see what happened when you tried to hold her feet to the fire? She turned it around and blamed YOU.

You will lose ANY argument. Declare how it's going to be, do not request. Displaying a willingness to walk is very powerful, but you need to be able to back it up. It should be completely unacceptable to you to have to deal with her rude comments. There are women out there who will have no problem with your height.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: I used to kiss tall men
You: I used to date women that weren’t cvnts.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i would have ignored her slick comment then 5 minutes later say something cruel that i kno would fuk her mind up. My ex mentioned one time when we first smashed that my **** wasnt as big as the second time and in a way she was right because i had whisky d1ck the first time but why the fuk would she feel the need to bring something up like that? And she said it right after we had sex. I got pizzed and i retorted “yeah maybe if your puzzy wasnt so loose i woulda got harder” and she ran off crying.

U gotta be a cold hustler when they get slick

U

user43770

Do you see what happened when you tried to hold her feet to the fire? She turned it around and blamed YOU.
Go to for women. And liberals. Blame YOU for what THEY'RE guilty of.

The liberal cries out as she strikes you.

U

user43770

i would have ignored her slick comment then 5 minutes later say something cruel that i kno would fuk her mind up. My ex mentioned one time when we first smashed that my **** wasnt as big as the second time and in a way she was right because i had whisky d1ck the first time but why the fuk would she feel the need to bring something up like that? And she said it right after we had sex. I got pizzed and i retorted “yeah maybe if your puzzy wasnt so loose i woulda got harder” and she ran off crying.

U gotta be a cold hustler when they get slick
My go-to is leaving. Women can be ruthless when the gloves come off.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: (the next time she makes a veiled remark about height)
You: I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that you are now free to see a man of any height. The bad news is that no self-respecting man will have you beyond (insert your relationship length). The next sound should be you closing the door (for good)

Although I typically believe that relationships should have a little wiggle room, it sounds like she's repeatedly crossed the line. She now knows a hot spot and I doubt she'll be respectful. Dismissing her will prevent further offenses.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
My go-to is leaving. Women can be ruthless when the gloves come off.
That was the old me. The new me would handle it different. A simple “that comment is disrespectful as fuk and i wont tolerate that”. And then leave as well. She would have to work hard to get back in my good graces. An insult cant be allowed

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah as others have said there isnt any point trying to have a rational discussion about it.

Its incredibly insulting behaviour from her, either leave, or issue a final warning and then leave.

U

user43770

That was the old me. The new me would handle it different. A simple “that comment is disrespectful as fuk and i wont tolerate that”. And then leave as well. She would have to work hard to get back in my good graces. An insult cant be allowed
Fvck the new you :)

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
F*ck this cvnt. Women think they can just act this way now.

Just imagine if you told her "hey you need to lose 10lbs." She'd go off the wall and would explode.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Notice how women operate 'subconsciously'.

See your lack of height as weakness
Beta test you on it
Get insecure response out of you
Reaffirm your betaness by getting more beta behavior out of you

This is interest level going down in slow motion. Up next she will find another guy so it's easy to leave you.

I'm afraid you have no choice but to sexzone her. She's not yours, you had your time with her, the time has come to an end.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that shes not only the one persistently jabbing you about something she knew about from the start and you cant change, but then also turns it around and projects that you are the one "pretending to be okay" - she sounds really toxic.

I would leave her and cut contact.

U

user43770

Just imagine if you told her "hey you need to lose 10lbs." She'd go off the wall and would explode.
He should say that the next time she brings up height.

"Yeah, well you're looking chubby."

U

user43770

The fact that shes not only the one persistently jabbing you about something she knew about from the start and you cant change, but then also turns it around and projects that you are the one "pretending to be okay" - she sounds really toxic.

I would leave her and cut contact.
Yeah, fvck that sh1t. I'm also 5'8, and none of the women I've been with have ever mentioned it.

They were thinking it at times, for sure. Never had the balls to say anything about it.

Then again, I'm an assh0le, so they always had something else to bring up :)