Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can You Look 20 Years Younger?

jimmy_scandal

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in my 40's, and for much of my adult life, I've looked considerably younger than my age. Even now, many teenage girls are attracted to me.

I can pass for 30 pretty easily, IRL. I occasionally pass for someone 15 to 20 years younger. Perhaps more than occasionally.

I recently posted photos on an age guessing website, and to my surprise, the average guesses are between 10 to 18 years younger. I say surprise because these are high res, strong light, close up photos. Nowhere to hide, so to speak. I haven't had any plastic surgery (no friggin' way). I just use sunscreen regularly and wear a hat, stay out of the sun when possible, etc.

Is there anyone else who looks considerably younger than their chronological age?

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there anyone else who looks considerably younger than their chronological age?
I haven't put this to the level of scrutiny that you have, but the times I've outright asked, the feedback has been around 10 years younger. I'm attributing that to part genetics, part being in very good shape, and partly having a more youthful demeanor than a typical 50-something.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I typically get told I could pass for 10-15 years younger. The number one comment I get from women on OLD is that that I'm either lying about my age or using old pics because they don't seem to be accurate. Thing is I look much younger now than 10 years ago because I lost about 50 lbs while building a lean muscular body. I'm 49 and can easily pass for 25 from the neck down, especially since most 20 something guys these days are doughy and out of shape. Women who have known me for a while say I'm a real life Benjamin Button and I've done it though living a healthy lifestyle, no surgeries or injections.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my 40's, and for much of my adult life, I've looked considerably younger than my age. Even now, many teenage girls are attracted to me.

I can pass for 30 pretty easily, IRL. I occasionally pass for someone 15 to 20 years younger. Perhaps more than occasionally.

I recently posted photos on an age guessing website, and to my surprise, the average guesses are between 10 to 18 years younger. I say surprise because these are high res, strong light, close up photos. Nowhere to hide, so to speak. I haven't had any plastic surgery (no friggin' way). I just use sunscreen regularly and wear a hat, stay out of the sun when possible, etc.

I know someone who's around 100 and looks no older than 80. So yes, it's possible.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People have guessed my age at 15-16 years younger in the past year. Maybe some of it is flattery. Eat well, lift, exercise, and dress well...and just don't sweat it.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

I typically get feedback (I’m 50) that I look 35ish. I regularly get hit on by guys in their 20s & 30s, and I’ve had bouncers look at my birth year, look at me and say “No way”... I’ve been pegged at 30 by young women in broad daylight wearing zero make up. Guys at the gym are stunned I’m old enough to be their mom. They think I’m a personal trainer or something (their words not mine.)

I have very long thick hair with no extensions. My face and scalp are naturally oily, which bugged me in my youth but has kept my skin supple & largely wrinkle free. I do get Botox on my forehead now. I’ve done that for about a year or so, and it smooths things and also prevents migraines. Only a few units every 3 months and my face remains expressive.

I get plenty of sleep, eat no carb/low carb and I too avoid the sun and get plenty of exercise, both resistance work and cardio. If anything I have to watch what I eat in order to keep enough body fat to keep curvy at size 0-2 and 115lbs. I have mesomorph genetics and I keep definition naturally. I do not look like I’ve ever been pregnant or had kids (I have 3).

I do not smoke and have never smoked cigarettes or dope. I will enjoy the occasional cigar however. I laugh lots and have a positive attitude. No frowns Debbie downer here. I’ve been able to construct my life around healthy lifestyle choices despite the fact that I have been in the nightlife scene for decades (It’s kind of funny just to say that).

I do take a daily regimen of multivitamins but no medications. My blood pressure is steady at about 100/70 where it’s been for many years. I use good moisturizer and coconut oil on my skin. Coconut oil is amazing stuff.

Self discipline goes a long way on the trajectory of keeping a youthful look. Great genetics are wonderful but daily habits are just as important if not more important.

The man I’m seeing is 58. He looks 43-45 all day long. He assumed I was about 35 when he met me. Needless to say we were both surprised. My recent ex is 48 and looks 40. People always thought I was the younger partner in that relationship.

I’m stunned regularly by two things.

1. How many people my age have given up and let themselves go...my ex husband included...

2. How many people half my age take lousy care of themselves and thus lose their shape and their looks while still relatively young.

Healthy habits and lifestyle choices will stand you above the crowd. Avoid sun exposure & smoking. Nothing ages you faster.

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score

I thought everyone knew that All men can age differently appearance wise over time due to their inherited DNA…

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone on SoSuave looks considerably younger than their age :)

Take a look at my avatar. William Shatner is 88, but he looks about 30 in the picture.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You would have to have their fashion and aura too.

jimmy_scandal

Banned
Reaction score
I posted photos online in order to eliminate the 'politeness effect.' I assume most people would want to be polite if you ask them to guess your age in person, if only because they would want the same consideration in return. An anonymous guess carries no such pressure or obligation. However, it might invite trolling (extremely high or extremely low guesses).

What I'm finding however, is that online guessing sites create as much confusion as insight. The average guess for the same photo, posted at different times, varies by up to 5 years! Having said that, there is still astonishing consistency in the the average guesses for photos from 2018 to 2019, with an average guess more than 15 years below my actual age.

I kinda sorta wonder though if I can actually look mid to late 20's if I continue to improve my fitness and skin tone.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

I typically get feedback (I’m 50) that I look 35ish. I regularly get hit on by guys in their 20s & 30s, and I’ve had bouncers look at my birth year, look at me and say “No way”... I’ve been pegged at 30 by young women in broad daylight wearing zero make up. Guys at the gym are stunned I’m old enough to be their mom. They think I’m a personal trainer or something (their words not mine.)

I have very long thick hair with no extensions. My face and scalp are naturally oily, which bugged me in my youth but has kept my skin supple & largely wrinkle free. I do get Botox on my forehead now. I’ve done that for about a year or so, and it smooths things and also prevents migraines. Only a few units every 3 months and my face remains expressive.

I get plenty of sleep, eat no carb/low carb and I too avoid the sun and get plenty of exercise, both resistance work and cardio. If anything I have to watch what I eat in order to keep enough body fat to keep curvy at size 0-2 and 115lbs. I have mesomorph genetics and I keep definition naturally. I do not look like I’ve ever been pregnant or had kids (I have 3).

I do not smoke and have never smoked cigarettes or dope. I will enjoy the occasional cigar however. I laugh lots and have a positive attitude. No frowns Debbie downer here. I’ve been able to construct my life around healthy lifestyle choices despite the fact that I have been in the nightlife scene for decades (It’s kind of funny just to say that).

I do take a daily regimen of multivitamins but no medications. My blood pressure is steady at about 100/70 where it’s been for many years. I use good moisturizer and coconut oil on my skin. Coconut oil is amazing stuff.

Self discipline goes a long way on the trajectory of keeping a youthful look. Great genetics are wonderful but daily habits are just as important if not more important.

The man I’m seeing is 58. He looks 43-45 all day long. He assumed I was about 35 when he met me. Needless to say we were both surprised. My recent ex is 48 and looks 40. People always thought I was the younger partner in that relationship.

1. How many people my age have given up and let themselves go...my ex husband included...

2. How many people half my age take lousy care of themselves and thus lose their shape and their looks while still relatively young.

Healthy habits and lifestyle choices will stand you above the crowd. Avoid sun exposure & smoking. Nothing ages you faster.
You’re not smoking that cigar with Bill Clinton are you? LOL

-Augustus-

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

This.

The downside for me is that the age-appropriate dating pool is poisoned both by the prevalence of personal baggage as well as a piss-poor ratio of people who keep themselves fit vs having let go. The upside is that the it's simply not all that hard to be above-average fitness given how low the average is.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can pass for about 32 all the time which is close to 10 years less than my age. However I can usually guess someone's age regardless by looking for telltalle wrinkles and overall sagging of skin to the point I'm usually spot on with ages unless they're haggard for their age. That said, I'm very observant and there's very little I don't notice just in general.

Are people just oblivious or just nice? It might just be that I'm starting to notice it, whereas younger people aren't attuned to it.

jimmy_scandal

Banned
Reaction score
Are people just oblivious or just nice? It might just be that I'm starting to notice it, whereas younger people aren't attuned to it.
As stated above, in person most everyone will attempt to guess a little lower. That's why I posted photos online, to hopefully remove that effect. This introduces a new issue however: the age guessing troll. Some people have fun guessing extremely high or low, thereby potentially throwing off the average, rendering it invalid. Then again, the high/low trolls have a tendency to cancel each other out. :)

We live in a politically correct world where people fear the truth more than anything else. Even when we try to discover the truth, there will be some who do their darndest to prevent us from discovering it. The age guessing game is just symptomatic of the larger problem.

Since men are less politically correct, they tend to guess higher than women. Men are also jealous of sexual rivals, and therefore, some are passive aggressive enough to guess higher (subconscious motivation?) as a subtle (or not so subtle ) jab. Younger adults I find tend to guess lower, since they have less experience interacting with all age groups, typically associating almost exclusively with their own peer group, and consuming media produced by younger adults.

The bottom line is that yes, many people are pretty terrible at guessing ages accurately, and there is a fair bit of social pressure to guess young.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not convinced looking younger matters in attracting young girls for older guys.

Whether I look my age or 10 or so years younger is irrelevant. Either you got the look or you don't. Either you have the vibe or you don't. Each girl has her preference.

Good news for you guys. Most women really don't give a fvck about your age unless you are online where the rational mind incites. They state (and think) they desire a guy around similar age. But what they say (rational) and what they do in person are two entirely different dynamics. Attraction doesn't have an age restriction. Attraction doesn't have a stat identifier. She is either attracted to you or she isn't--and I can tell you with certainty that age is not a factor in her pupils dilating and her head cracking sideways as you walk by her. She cannot control her biology nor its influence, nor does the subject of age register in her reptilian brain when in that moment of awe.

Just stick with the girls who are already into you and all these stat restrictions become irrelevant.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I wanted to connect with an (older) women, I wouldn’t say she’s a day over 35 either.
Fair enough, lol. He’s 8 years older than me so I’m actually younger.

What @guru1000 said is on point. Either a man has appeal or he hasn’t. I find it interesting that there is a 10 year difference in the age of my recent ex versus the current interest. But it’s academic. They are both hot high value men. Both youthful.

It’s to your advantage as a man to maintain yourself & improve yourself to the best of your ability.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The **** is this ****?

Who gives a ****. Go get girls.

I'm thirty. I pull 18-23. Top form smv. Its the benchmark.

A lifetime experience of holistic nutrition, gym, meditation, optimum sleep, and nutrition helps.

Forget looking pretty. Go get girls.