"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Professional women from OLD. How did your first date go?

GoldenArrow

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
26
Age
40
I find that first dates with professional women whom you match with online, are pretty boring, with very little chemistry. For me, these dates turn out to be platonic and a waste of time.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
I find that first dates with professional women whom you match with online, are pretty boring, with very little chemistry. For me, these dates turn out to be platonic and a waste of time.
That's how that HB9 was two weeks ago. She was pretty dull, stuck up, shy, and just uptight. Didn't smile a lot or joke. Basically what you just described in your post. She was a teacher at an really really expensive private school where the rich send their kids for college prep. At least in her own mind she was a legend and can't be seen where she lives out in public without being noticed. Our likes and such matched up pretty well too and both from the same city originaly so we had stuff in common and she only drank water. No beer.
 

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
6,519
Reaction score
11,425
I've dated mostly professional women and never had these issues where I could form some broad conclusion. It depends on the person, and of course you!
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I find that first dates with professional women whom you match with online, are pretty boring, with very little chemistry. For me, these dates turn out to be platonic and a waste of time.
Reason being, if they are already high value, why the fvck would they be on OLD? They are there for attention or because they are bored. OLD is good for flings and sex; not much more. Look outside in the world.. You'd perform better.
 

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
Professional women tend to stay in their "work personality" when on a first date as they approach it more like a job interview than a potential romantic interaction. I find that putting them at ease (and a couple glasses of wine) goes a long way to getting them to relax so I can tell if they are worth my time.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,071
Age
40
Maybe you’ve just had bad luck. In my experience professional women are the most fun in bed. Typically once they’ve gotten past the initial standoffish stage in the first date (honestly hasn’t lasted long in my experience) they really cut loose.
 
Top