6 months.Op,if you don't mind my asking.....I was just wondering how long you and your girlfriend have been dating and seeing each other.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
6 months.Op,if you don't mind my asking.....I was just wondering how long you and your girlfriend have been dating and seeing each other.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Ok. Well the reason I was asking was because,when I read the initial post,something kinda stood out to me....seemed odd....REALLY odd.6 months.
It's one of the bigger surprises to me to hear that this woman is insecure. All along I thought she was a very confident, strong, successful woman and I have to admit, my attraction for her has declined a bit because of this admission.
So your attraction declined......NOT BECAUSE OF THE INSECURITY.........but because of HER ADMISSION of it.I have to admit, my attraction for her has declined a bit because of this admission.
I feel like that is a new thing. Didn't even know wtf a chad was until I came back here after a few years hiatus. I'm not sure why guys compare themselves to "chad" but it seems like those are the ones that are low quality themselves. No self respecting man would compare himself to some "all powerful/best looking" male.Men are super insecure as well. You guys discuss here how you have competition with chad.
There were red flags that I overlooked for sure because of my overall thoughts of her. Her revealing that she is insecure for whatever reason makes me see her in a different light and I probably made up excuses for her jealousy such as her seeing girls texting me a lot, who are just friends and a few times from an ex who I keep in touch with since we’re in the same line of work AND she lives about 1000 miles away. But once she said “I’m insecure for XYZ reason” makes me realize that it wasn’t me causing her to “act” insecure. It was some deep **** that I believe is irreparable and I don’t want to deal with it.Ok. Well the reason I was asking was because,when I read the initial post,something kinda stood out to me....seemed odd....REALLY odd.
You started the post out stating a bunch of positives about the girl.....a LOT of positives. In fact,I'd damn near say she seemed like a "dream" girl. She's an "8"....makes OVER $100,000 a year.....
well-connected
great family values
caring...unselfish. She's in decent shape and physically attractive. To me,it just doesn't seem to get much better than that. The fact that you mentioned "8" AND "unselfish" in the same sentence alone almost threw me in shock.
You said all those positives...then mentioned ONE negative trait,one that ANOTHER PERSON (her father)....that he introduced in her. The one bad thing about her....she didn't even cause it...it was instilled in her as a child. Her father,either purposely or unpurposely,knowingly or unknowingly sent her on a wrong path. He basically spinned her around and around a million miles per hour,put a blind-fold on her,then sent her off blind,walking in the middle of a mine field.
Now granted,insecurity IS a big deal. It IS......it can wreck and destroy a relationship. But YOU said something that struck me as REAL odd....
After you confronted her about her starting jealous fights and always fishing for compliments,and then her revealing to you that she's insecure because of how her father treated her growing up,you said.......
This was odd because,it seems the WHOLE TIME you dated this woman,everything seemed to be going well. You said,"ALL ALONG I THOUGHT SHE WAS A VERY CONFIDENT,STRONG,SUCCESSFUL woman." It wasn't until SHE ADMITTED that she was insecure that you seemed to have a REAL problem with her. In fact,YOU SAID it was a "big surprise" to hear her say she was insecure. And you also said.....
So your attraction declined......NOT BECAUSE OF THE INSECURITY.........but because of HER ADMISSION of it.
Her ADMISSION of being insecure made your attracted decline. Wasn't the insecurity itself,because she's been insecure THE WHOLE TIME you've known her. She was raised insecure,brought up as a child that way. It was present in all her previous relationships before you. That seemed odd to me. Seemed odd because you appeared to be willing to tolerate it,up until the admission.
I also wonder how much longer the relationship would have went on trouble free if she had kept her mouth shut and not revealed her issue to you.....even though you saw glimpses of it from time to time.
I don't know.....maybe you saw an occasional red flag and just brushed it to the side,didn't notice it,or just didn't care....but her admission confirmed SOMETHING in you,now you're ready to move on.
Just struck me as odd.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.