"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

She rejected me, but acts weird, did she change her mind?

jojo18

New Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
27
There is a girl from work I know for months, I know her well, and speak with her almost daily. I was into her for long and didn't have the courage.. until recently (Yeah i'm a loser). I asked her out for a movie, and she accepted, but later she wanted to add a friend saying she wanted to see it as well. I asked her if she knew my intentions for calling her to a movie, after a delay she replied with "ahh i'm stupid" and said she isn't into relationship right now, accepted it, told her i'm glad for her honesty.. and convo continued.. next day was kinda quiet from her, and I thought about cutting connection. at worked she even said "i'm only giving high fives, no hugs" didn't say much..
few days after me being casual about all this, and still talking with her regularly she started to change a little, at first I noticed body language havn't seen before, like her preening more frequently and blushing, and cant hold eye contact for long. one day at work I was in a break and she came (she wasn't in a break) we happened to speak for half an hour (my whole break) laughin and sh!t. but one moment there she mentioned her eating her nails something like that accidently, and said (I thought as a joke) that she does it since she met me.. I laughed and asked "what you got a crush on me or something" said "yes".. I was a little confused but laughed and changed topic.. (now I think I came dumb her once I spoke with my friend about it, he said she wouldn't just say it)
so he called me a pvssy, and dared me to ask her again for a date.. I did, and asked her for a movie again (The previous one got cancelled as we didn't speak about it anymore) after a short delay she replied "gladly, I liked their previous movies"
now my confusion is.. did she change her mind? or I'm just overthinking? tbh, I thought she joked about the crush things because I confessed to her (Lesson learnd that I shouldn't confess to girls so firmly..)

so I'm askin you the profis to tell me your opinion.. I thought about going out, see how she acts, and maybe make a move for a kiss.
should I do it, or keep it casual?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
139
Reaction score
124
Age
55
You're new right? What do they say here and which is common knowledge now about dating women at work? You don't date women at work! No exceptions what so ever!
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Once rejected the ball is in her camp if she change her mind, dont make any advance on her until she make it clear to you that she is interested.
 

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2016
Messages
752
Reaction score
350
Age
33
If it's just a crap job like a restaurant why not date co-workers
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Once rejected the ball is in her camp if she change her mind, dont make any advance on her until she make it clear to you that she is interested.
She wont say nothing. She will come to him. This is the only way.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
She's a manulative time waster. She knows you like her, so she's playing games with you. Setup of the date, confirm that you look forward in seeing her, then block her number and never show up.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,955
You made it weird. The dangers of dating someone at work.

When she said she wasn't into a relationship, I would have said well of course not, we haven't even been out yet. I was just wanting to spend some time with you and have some fun, but I wasn't looking to make it a group.
 

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
102
Location
-
If she's texting first and displaying interest, go ahead and go on more dates and see what works.

You're new right? What do they say here and which is common knowledge now about dating women at work? You don't date women at work! No exceptions what so ever!
This is good advice for a number of reasons, but you're already on her, so go ahead and finish if you want. Once you're done with her (however the situation resolves though) you may want to avoid women at work for a while.

Hope you're rotating other women though - don't dwell on this one.
 

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
139
Reaction score
124
Age
55
It’s your risk but not sure what part of the world you are in so maybe in the states you’d be ok after President Trump has done a good job on the unemployment front as I believe it is down to 3% and I think that’s the lowest it’s been in 2 decades correct me if I’m wrong. So if you don’t care about getting income which could help you get more tale investing in yourself that good ahead take the risk and go buy her flowers while you are at it also. ;)lol.....
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top