Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking for workout inspiration & advice

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First post in this part of the forums, since I just got interested in fitness.
I'm looking for workout(program)s to do in the gym, that I can combine with my running training.

Where do I stand now? For the past month I've quit drinking and picked up running 3 times a week (1x interval, 2x distance) and visited the gym to work on random muscle groups, but not anything consistently. My overall fitness is pretty okay, I have a small layer of belly fat but if I flex I can clearly see my abs. I also did a bit of rowing in my beginning years of college.

What do I want to achieve? Lose the belly fat and get a bit bigger. Not huge bulky, more athletic model style. I did some research, found the Abercrombie Workout, saw a lot of complaints on that and am not sure what to believe anymore.

So I'm looking for a workout(program) that fits in 3/4 days a week and that I can combine with running 3 times a week. Hope you guys can help me out!

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't combine cardio with muscles building. Heavy weights lifting alredy burns a lot of fat.

What I suggest you is to oriente your exercies into specific areas: Day 1: arms. Day 2: legs Day3: abs Day 4: Cardio

kzar_kzar

Don Juan
Reaction score
First post in this part of the forums, since I just got interested in fitness.
I'm looking for workout(program)s to do in the gym, that I can combine with my running training.

Where do I stand now? For the past month I've quit drinking and picked up running 3 times a week (1x interval, 2x distance) and visited the gym to work on random muscle groups, but not anything consistently. My overall fitness is pretty okay, I have a small layer of belly fat but if I flex I can clearly see my abs. I also did a bit of rowing in my beginning years of college.

What do I want to achieve? Lose the belly fat and get a bit bigger. Not huge bulky, more athletic model style. I did some research, found the Abercrombie Workout, saw a lot of complaints on that and am not sure what to believe anymore.

So I'm looking for a workout(program) that fits in 3/4 days a week and that I can combine with running 3 times a week. Hope you guys can help me out!
Do a 30 to 45 mins of running/jog, sit ups and push ups afterwords.. 3 sets everyday and you will get your packs out in no time.. for bulky look, I don't have much experience...

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless someone is morbidly obese when they start I always recommend a lean bulk. I wouldn’t focus too much on running unless your training for a race or 5k. I recommend you visit t nation.... you can find the most up to date training methods, nutrition advice and workout to suit what you need.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless someone is morbidly obese when they start I always recommend a lean bulk. I wouldn’t focus too much on running unless your training for a race or 5k. I recommend you visit t nation.... you can find the most up to date training methods, nutrition advice and workout to suit what you need.
T Nation has a lot of info, be weary of the forum you'll get so many differing opinions you'll just quit

R

Ranger

I said 'fat'

Plus, If you do cardio first, you won't have much energy left to do other exercies
On my heavy deadlift days I follow up with deadmill sprints. As many as I can get at full power.

If I did the sprints first there’s not much chance of getting deadlifts in. Lol

TheTurtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing stronglifts 5x5 I'm in a similar position to you having just recently gotten into fitness. The thing that I like about the program is that it is SUPER easy to follow: 5 lifts rotated through 3 workouts each week. Your weights are figured for you and progress 5 pounds each day. Keep your nutrition in check and results are pretty much guaranteed. You WILL get stronger and see enough progress to help you stay motivated. Good luck!

Chalet

Reaction score
Consider doing Hiit training as well, I suggest you download the nike+ app which is free