"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How many good looking guys here got absolutely nothing on dating sites?

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
talking about 6 to 7 face, in shape, decent to above average height

the last online dating bitchfest, we had 4 or 5 guys who said they constantly received compliments in real life for being extremely handsome who got nothing online (myself included). I'm curious how common this is

i think we are the only demographic in world where this can exist. Can you imagine a decent looking very fit gay guy, straight woman or even gay woman not getting a million hits online?
 
Last edited:

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
161
Age
35
Location
FL
Online dating in my experience is a waste of time. I've only hooked up with two chicks off of tinder in a few years of on and off using it, sites like POF & okc is a needle in a haystack when it comes to finding anything worth pursuing. My self confidence is below average, but I'd say my body is top 5% of what's out there. I haven't hit the online stuff hard because I'd rather talk to people in person. Girls are super confident behind the comfort of a screen, but you see how they truly operate face to face. To the OP, don't stress not getting messages on these platforms. Most of the chicks there are only looking for an ego boost.
I once had a friend who had broken up with her boyfriend & she told me that she'd never find anyone again..looking back I should have acted on her vulnerability because she has some of the best tits I've ever seen. I told her to make a POF profile, to upload a few pics that she liked best (preferably ones showing some of that chest of hers) & to log off and check it in the morning. She called me the following day and said she had more than 200 messages in less than 12 hours. Most of the time unless you stand out like crazy a lot of these girls don't even see your message because they frequently get so many. The chick I told to make the profile did end up meeting a guy on there though and got engaged this past Xmas, so I'm glad it worked out for her..kinda pissed at myself I never got to take her for a ride though haha

I've never tried the pay for sites like match, or adult friend finder but I'd like to think you're better off just using online as a supplemental way to meet chicks instead of doing it solely that way. I haven't tried getting professional pics done, or redoing my profiles to see if it makes a difference, but maybe one day I will. I personally just prefer talking to people face to face.

Don't take no responses personal, it happens to everyone. Out of every 100 messages you send, maybe 3-5 will reply with something of substance/value. Just focus on working on yourself and the rest will fall into place.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Herb

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
17
Age
36
talking about 6 to 7 face, in shape, decent to above average height

the last online dating bitchfest, we had 4 or 5 guys who said they constantly received compliments in real life for being extremely handsome who got nothing online (myself included). I'm curious how common this is

i think we are the only demographic in world where this can exist. Can you imagine a decent looking very fit gay guy, straight woman or even gay woman not getting a million hits online?
It's what happens to be these days generally if I try going the online route. The last five girls I've been with had nothing to do with Tinder or anything online, but I met them naturally in person, either at bars/parties or through friends or some mutual activity.

The first three years of Tinder (2013-16) I killed it on there, and Bumble, matching with many attractive women despite having mediocre pics, and I went out with like more than 15 girls from there. Nowadays, I even have better pics and improved my image (haven't started looking older either), but I get hardly anything. Although yes in real life it's a different story. I'd say I'm around a 7 or so, and don't have a problem attracting positive female attention IRL throughout my life. While I know guys that are less physically appealing who sometimes do well online. Maybe their pics are more interesting or their profiles are funnier/bolder/wittier/more creative; there's more to it than just image. I guess another major factor is that it's oversaturated now. There's so many people, and especially dudes, on these apps that girls only swipe right on the absolute best in their opinion, even if its unrealistic for them, because of the perception of an abundance of options; there are also probably enough low self esteem decent looking dudes that will swipe on less attractive women just to get laid, so it skews the overall trends; after enough swipes even meh chicks will get some decent matches. It can also work if you as the guy just really have something they're uniquely looking for, something in common with them, like a certain obscure or specific interest or style of humor. You can get lucky that way. But yeah, I agree it's gotten a lot harder to get decent matches these days. Even though I've been doing better than ever in real life.
 

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
It's what happens to be these days generally if I try going the online route. The last five girls I've been with had nothing to do with Tinder or anything online, but I met them naturally in person, either at bars/parties or through friends or some mutual activity.

The first three years of Tinder (2013-16) I killed it on there, and Bumble, matching with many attractive women despite having mediocre pics, and I went out with like more than 15 girls from there. Nowadays, I even have better pics and improved my image (haven't started looking older either), but I get hardly anything. Although yes in real life it's a different story. I'd say I'm around a 7 or so, and don't have a problem attracting positive female attention IRL throughout my life. While I know guys that are less physically appealing who sometimes do well online. Maybe their pics are more interesting or their profiles are funnier/bolder/wittier/more creative; there's more to it than just image. I guess another major factor is that it's oversaturated now. There's so many people, and especially dudes, on these apps that girls only swipe right on the absolute best in their opinion, even if its unrealistic for them, because of the perception of an abundance of options; there are also probably enough low self esteem decent looking dudes that will swipe on less attractive women just to get laid, so it skews the overall trends; after enough swipes even meh chicks will get some decent matches. It can also work if you as the guy just really have something they're uniquely looking for, something in common with them, like a certain obscure or specific interest or style of humor. You can get lucky that way. But yeah, I agree it's gotten a lot harder to get decent matches these days. Even though I've been doing better than ever in real life.
good post
 

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
Online dating in my experience is a waste of time. I've only hooked up with two chicks off of tinder in a few years of on and off using it, sites like POF & okc is a needle in a haystack when it comes to finding anything worth pursuing. My self confidence is below average, but I'd say my body is top 5% of what's out there. I haven't hit the online stuff hard because I'd rather talk to people in person. Girls are super confident behind the comfort of a screen, but you see how they truly operate face to face. To the OP, don't stress not getting messages on these platforms. Most of the chicks there are only looking for an ego boost.
I once had a friend who had broken up with her boyfriend & she told me that she'd never find anyone again..looking back I should have acted on her vulnerability because she has some of the best tits I've ever seen. I told her to make a POF profile, to upload a few pics that she liked best (preferably ones showing some of that chest of hers) & to log off and check it in the morning. She called me the following day and said she had more than 200 messages in less than 12 hours. Most of the time unless you stand out like crazy a lot of these girls don't even see your message because they frequently get so many. The chick I told to make the profile did end up meeting a guy on there though and got engaged this past Xmas, so I'm glad it worked out for her..kinda pissed at myself I never got to take her for a ride though haha

I've never tried the pay for sites like match, or adult friend finder but I'd like to think you're better off just using online as a supplemental way to meet chicks instead of doing it solely that way. I haven't tried getting professional pics done, or redoing my profiles to see if it makes a difference, but maybe one day I will. I personally just prefer talking to people face to face.

Don't take no responses personal, it happens to everyone. Out of every 100 messages you send, maybe 3-5 will reply with something of substance/value. Just focus on working on yourself and the rest will fall into place.
Out of 100 messages, I've only had a couple reply. Online dating is literally for top 1% of men

do you do well with real life dating?
 
Last edited:

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
What guy can rate himself without a bias.

its usually either too high or too low
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
If you’re still online dating in 2019, you’re WAY behind. All that’s left on online dating are women that have spent a lifetime dating losers and bums. You can’t turn a hoe into a housewife and that’s all that’s left online.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top