"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Compliments and Women

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
Okay, I know this is a very basic topic, but since I’m building my game from the ground up again I’d like to make another thread on it.

So when is it ok to compliment a woman as a Don Juan and when is it not? I already know that it’s not appropriate as soon as you meet her because you’re supplicating. Also, what if she posts a scantily clad picture on Snapchat? What then? Compliments should be used sparingly, but if you don’t use them at all then what’s the point?

Once again I know we have a million threads on this possibly but I just wanted to start a new discussion. Comment your thoughts below.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2018
Messages
416
Reaction score
329
I compliment her through my actions. She knows I think she’s hot because I’m making moves on her, not because I’m telling her. Sure, occasionally I’ll let a “damn girl” slip out or tell her something I like about her, but it’s in a flirty way. Most guys sound like they’re pandering or desperate.
 

longtail

Banned
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
221
Reaction score
128
Okay, I know this is a very basic topic, but since I’m building my game from the ground up again I’d like to make another thread on it.

So when is it ok to compliment a woman as a Don Juan and when is it not? I already know that it’s not appropriate as soon as you meet her because you’re supplicating. Also, what if she posts a scantily clad picture on Snapchat? What then? Compliments should be used sparingly, but if you don’t use them at all then what’s the point?

Once again I know we have a million threads on this possibly but I just wanted to start a new discussion. Comment your thoughts below.
You should really read the DJ Bible. You have so many nitpicky questions and a lot of them are answered in the DJB. Dont' take it as gospel, but it's an interesting, entertaining and useful starting point.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/the-dj-bible-has-moved.233326/

As far as your question, if you want to give a genuine compliment, do so. If you feel it's forced, don't.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
You should really read the DJ Bible. You have so many nitpicky questions and a lot of them are answered in the DJB. Dont' take it as gospel, but it's an interesting, entertaining and useful starting point.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/the-dj-bible-has-moved.233326/

As far as your question, if you want to give a genuine compliment, do so. If you feel it's forced, don't.
I have read the Bible before but this was like years ago lol. I was thinking about rereading it again actually. I feel like my game needs to be renovated anyways so it’d probably help out!
 

longtail

Banned
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
221
Reaction score
128
It's not a gospel, and you aren't expected to remember any 'lines' or routines.

There are basic foundational tips that are easy to remember and implement:

1. keep it fun and lighthearted but also genuine.

2. Don't be afraid to stand your ground. Women are going to challenge you. But don't become belligerent either. Remain composed.

3. Don't be afraid to walk away. Becoming emotionally committed too soon is disaster. Women are increasingly unstable, power-hungry, entitled and unreasonable. A lot of situations will become unmanageable quickly, especially in situations where there is a scarcity of hot women.

I do think the DJB is badly in need of an update. The male female dynamic has completely tilted in favor of women, with affirmative action, politically correct speech, sexual harassment laws, shaming of straight men, among a million other issues in the interim since it was compiled.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
It's not a gospel, and you aren't expected to remember any 'lines' or routines.

There are basic foundational tips that are easy to remember and implement:

1. keep it fun and lighthearted but also genuine.

2. Don't be afraid to stand your ground. Women are going to challenge you. But don't become belligerent either. Remain composed.

3. Don't be afraid to walk away. Becoming emotionally committed too soon is disaster. Women are increasingly unstable, power-hungry, entitled and unreasonable. A lot of situations will become unmanageable quickly, especially in situations where there is a scarcity of hot women.

I do think the DJB is badly in need of an update. The male female dynamic has completely tilted in favor of women, with affirmative action, politically correct speech, sexual harassment laws, shaming of straight men, among a million other issues in the interim since it was compiled.
Yup. I do think we need an update as well. But a lot of the principles hold up really well from what I remember. Some stuff is just timeless

I love The Book of Pook. That’s definitely my favorite part. That’s more Inner game than practical advice though, except for the lifting stuff.
 

longtail

Banned
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
221
Reaction score
128
Pook did an amazing job of capturing the infantile, mercurial, fleeting, and disloyal nature of woah-man for sure. A brilliant writer to be sure. I hope he is well.
 

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,571
Reaction score
6,353
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
I am not averse to compliments if they are genuine. Body parts are usually off limits. If a girl has big boobs, she has been told that a thousand times already, so notice something else about her. Heels/boots make good compliment material if she has them on.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
Pook did an amazing job of capturing the infantile, mercurial, fleeting, and disloyal nature of woah-man for sure. A brilliant writer to be sure. I hope he is well.
Yup. I love his writing style and I can relate a lot to the book. One of my biggest role models on this forum
 

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
161
Age
35
Location
FL
I'll never approach a girl & instantly drop a compliment, it looks too needy for my liking. If I approach & begin talking to a girl, I have enough interest to follow through with a conversation. I like dropping compliments occasionally in the middle of conversation, where it doesn't feel forced. If she mentions she's a reader, I'll say I think it's attractive for women to be intelligent. If she has on cool shoes, I'll say she has great style & ask where she got em. I save the "oh you're so beautiful/sexy blah blah" talk for when I'm gonna try & close.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Compliment things which are unique about her. Personality traits. Her sex appeal I will compliment most exclusively when we’re naked. If she looks good at dinner, I’ll let her know. Like other posters said; as long as it’s genuine. Just don’t over do it. Less is usually more, but no so little they don’t even know how you feel about them.
Women love words of affirmation even if you are still putting in action. Just like everyone else

Women will covertly tell you if you don’t do it enough too - using past stories or something.
Listen carefully when women talk about past relations. They are usually communicating to you through them
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Compliments should be far and few in between. I tend to give a compliment then follow up with something that pokes fun at her. Ex. "Wow you look really pretty today." Give her a sec to enjoy it, then: "You must really like me to have gone SO far out of your way to dress like that."
 
Top