Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
My area of expertise here won't be dating/game as much as things fitness related, so I thought I'd contribute my experience with TRT for those thinking about jumping on the juice & improving their life.

I was born with cystic fibrosis & began my fitness journey when I was 13. 14 yrs & a slew of medical conditions /hospitalizations later I really began feeling bad physically; low energy, poor sleep, poor ability to maintain the muscle I built, poor erection quality, depression, etc.
I got bloodwork done & my testosterone checked out to be 103 ng/dl which is basically the test levels of a 90yr old man. My lung illness basically wiped out all the life force from me. I was linked up with a great doctor & they addressed the issue with testosterone injections. As someone who was familiar with drugs in bodybuilding, I never got around to using them. I always promised myself I'd wait untilI was in my late 20s or if I had a medical reason that necessitated the use of it; fortunately I had both going for me.
I was put on 75mg of test cypionate (.4 cc) every 3 days, as well as a half a tab of aramidex to control the estrogen.
When I say that this changed my life twenty, thirty or even 50 fold, I wouldn't be lying to you. I lost so much muscle years prior after having a lung collapse &I was never able to regain that mass. In one month on my protocol, I put on around 25lbs, had veins running through my shoulders, legs, & abs. My energy went skyrocketing, my sleep became regular again & my erection quality went back to the days of middle school where I'd look at a chick & get hard instantly.

I've been on this protocol for about 8 months now & my baseline test levels are around 1200 ng/dl. With the added weight on my frame again, I feel overall better &I am able to fight off lung infections much easier. I know there is a major stigma attached to the use of steroids, but for medical use under Doctor supervision they are miracle drugs. For the guys here that are feeling totally run down & can't explain why I highly recommend getting your testosterone checked at your next follow up with your physician. I can answer any questions you guys may have in regards to TRT & how to go about it. As we get older, or if a detrimental medical condition that wipes out your testosterone is present its a great choice to get assistance through this way of therapy. Over the counter supplements are mostly bull****, & nofap / dietary changes will only raise your test levels so much. Having these within optimal range will make your effort in the gym well worth the time spent, & the added vigor/motivation you get from the juice will be excellent for those who need a boost to going out & picking up girls.

If any of you are on TRT what was your experience like?

Any questions & I'll do my best to answer efficiently for ya

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I checked my test recently and it came within the normal range (go figure if normal according to doctors is normal according to nature), I cant complain about strenght and energy since I lift weights and train martial arts the same day with no major problem.

However I feel like androgen receptors are not working properly, libido is so so and erections are ok but not gonna poke holes in the walls.
My biggest problem is round two after I bang a girl, it takes minutes to be ready again sometime even half an hour, never had erection problems and my load is fine anyway.

Plus I have some under skin fat and water that is hard to kick out, Im not fat or soft but Im far from that "skin on muscle" effect.

Regarding TRT how often do you have to pin yourself now? any effect on the hairline?

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I checked my test recently and it came within the normal range (go figure if normal according to doctors is normal according to nature), I cant complain about strenght and energy since I lift weights and train martial arts the same day with no major problem.

However I feel like androgen receptors are not working properly, libido is so so and erections are ok but not gonna poke holes in the walls.
My biggest problem is round two after I bang a girl, it takes minutes to be ready again sometime even half an hour, never had erection problems and my load is fine anyway.

Plus I have some under skin fat and water that is hard to kick out, Im not fat or soft but Im far from that "skin on muscle" effect.

Regarding TRT how often do you have to pin yourself now? any effect on the hairline?
I pin every 3rd day, so pretty much twice a week. Before starting I thought it was going to be a ****ty process because let's be honest, nobody really likes needles..but after some practice I've found ways to make it virtually painless. A lot of doctors are morons & will prescribe you to use a 1 1/2in 22g needle & that's like a harpoon going in. My first few shots were using that & it was super uncomfortable. But after talking to friends of mine who are experienced in PEDs & using em I got some 1inch 25-26g needles & stared pinning my side delts for shots. You literally feel nothing with a needle so small.
& I'll be honest, I have a super thick head of hair, & being on an ongoing TRT regimen hasn't affected the quality of my hair or hairline in the slightest. I imagine this would be a problem if my bloodwork wasn't managed & my DHT levels were all out of wack. Before going with the doc I have now I went to a regular endocrinologist & they have super outdated viewpoints on using exogenous testosterone. I was given one shot every two weeks & I felt awful for 11 of those 14 days. They typically won't even put you on an anti E medication unless they see you get side effects (basically wait til it's too late & you have gyno). It's a super irresponsible way to give these hormones, despite so much research showing proper ways to manage levels more closely.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If your levels are within range and you dont have the symptoms of low tesosterone, wait until you actually need it. Just be aware that over the last few years the "range" has been lowered.

Injection frequency depends on which ester is being used:

- Test e/cyp would be every 3.5 days/twice per week
- Test undecanoate you can get away with once per week

Hairline should not be affected on trt doses (125mg) not even on 500mg per week. Male pattern baldness & shedding is more common with the harsher steroids like trenbolone, masterone, anavar, winstrol, dianabol.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your levels are within range and you dont have the symptoms of low tesosterone, wait until you actually need it. Just be aware that over the last few years the "range" has been lowered.

Injection frequency depends on which ester is being used:

- Test e/cyp would be every 3.5 days/twice per week
- Test undecanoate you can get away with once per week

Hairline should not be affected on trt doses (125mg) not even on 500mg per week. Male pattern baldness & shedding is more common with the harsher steroids like trenbolone, masterone, anavar, winstrol, dianabol.
100%

I was thinking of running a cycle of mast or anavar to harden up for doing a photoshoot in a few months. I've always had a full head of hair though so I'm not overly concerned with losing any hair on a short cycle despite it being a DHT deritive. I hear proviron is pretty comparable to masteron but is highly faked in the pill form..id hate to use proviron only to find out it's something entirely different lol

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread. I'm 36 now so my test level has dropped as well.

* Is it true that you would have to be on it for life?
* How much does it cost? Will insurance cover?
* Does it shrink your testicles?

Thanks.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread. I'm 36 now so my test level has dropped as well.

* Is it true that you would have to be on it for life?
* How much does it cost? Will insurance cover?
* Does it shrink your testicles?

Thanks.
- To my knowledge once you're on a TRT program you should remain on it for life. I know you can use alternatives for test to raise the level back up (Hcg) but it would never return to the high end of normal like you'd be on actual test
- My initial consult with the physician + bloodwork + the medicine was about $450. Each month my script of a 5ml bottle of test cyp, anastrazole (anti estrogen) , syringes, & pins runs me $153 a month. Not covered by insurance. The physician I see is fantastic & she goes over everything- literally the only Doctor I trust out of all the ones I see because she takes the time to actually study new research to stay on top of things. They take patients out of state, so if you're interested just shoot me a message & I'll hook ya up with their info.
- Yea I got some shrinkage but nothing too crazy. I imagine the higher the dose the more they shrink. If I don't have sex or masturbate for a week it feels like my nuts go back to how they were before practically.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 34 a still wake up with the same bone on I have since I was 14 years old but i'm pretty active and do a lot of weights etc to keep testosterone levels up. I really don't get TRT... Why shortcut when you can stimulate higher testosterone levels yourself? Yes it is tiring, hard work and takes time, but nothing good in life comes easy. And anything that comes as an easy shortcut, comes at a cost.

Isn't TRT meant for 50 + year olds who have some sort of medical condition? Doesn't higher testosterone levels increase risk of dying at an earlier age?

Honestly i don't think TRT is a good thing... It's not natural imo. But i admit its not an area I know a lot about so , please educate me.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 34 a still wake up with the same bone on I have since I was 14 years old but i'm pretty active and do a lot of weights etc to keep testosterone levels up. I really don't get TRT... Why shortcut when you can stimulate higher testosterone levels yourself? Yes it is tiring, hard work and takes time, but nothing good in life comes easy. And anything that comes as an easy shortcut, comes at a cost.

Isn't TRT meant for 50 + year olds who have some sort of medical condition? Doesn't higher testosterone levels increase risk of dying at an earlier age?

Honestly i don't think TRT is a good thing... It's not natural imo. But i admit its not an area I know a lot about so , please educate me.
In my particular case I am on TRT for medical reasons. Having cystic fibrosis is a degenerative condition so my body has trouble maintaining weight & when I'm skinny I have a much harder time fighting off lung infections. When I was in my teens I felt great, but the nature of the illness gets a lot worse as you age, so it was a necessary thing for me to do in order to keep myself healthy.

Higher levels of testosterone is healthy for a male as long as it isn't into elevated levels like you'd have on a cycle. A responsible Doctor won't prescribe more than 150-200mg a week for a TRT regimen...down here in south FL I know guys who see doctors & get 500mg a week from a physician claiming its TRT...no it's not, it's a money hungry Doctor damaging the patient with a higher dose long term cycle.

No matter how hard you aim to raise levels naturally, if you're genuinely deficient in the hormone it will never match up with doing the shots in term of overall well being. All the over the counter supplements (aside from the DHT type prohormones that are illegal but you can still buy online) are complete bull****. Tribulus extracts & ingredients you never heard of aren't going to correct the issue. You are 1000% correct though that a solid chunk of a hormone deficiency can be alleviated with really assessing your diet & training regimen. Most people with test deficiencies eat like **** & hardly work out...why do you think so many women look for sex elsewhere? Their husbands/boyfriends in America are most likely obese & are a disaster internally. If fixing the diet & training doesn't work, I always recommend getting a full blood panel to see what you are lacking...fix the vitamin deficiencies first..if that doesn't help- then I'd say consider the TRT.
It is 100% a commitment to do shots every couple days but I feel much better for doing it.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

TRT is specific for those that have clinically low testosterone, it can apply to someone as early as mid 20's:

Physical Signs and Symptoms

• Erectile dysfunction (impotence: inability to develop or maintain an erection)
  • Fatigue (lack of energy)
  • Muscle mass and strength (reduced)
  • Body fat (increased)
  • Back pain
  • Osteoporosis development (reduced bone mass/density and increased risk of fracture)
  • Heart attack risk (higher incidence of sudden death)
  • Cholesterol (high: especially LDL/HDL ratio)
  • Refractory period increased (time it takes to have sex again)
  • Sperm count (reduced fertility)
  • Gynecomastia (development of male breasts)
Mental Signs and Symptoms

• Libido decreased (lowered sex drive)
  • Brain fog (difficulty concentrating)
  • Memory problems
Emotional Signs and Symptoms

• Depression (sadness, hopelessness, despair)
  • Motivation and ambition (decreased)
  • Irritability (increased anger, agitation, or loss of patience)

Would you rather live for an extra 5 years having most of those symptoms? Or 5 years less with a better quality of life both physically and mentally? Regular use of alcohol and tobacco shortens lifespans considerably more than supplementing with something that is produced naturally in your body. Both of those substances are also legal, does that make them safe/not harmful?

There isn't anything you can do in regards to diet or an exercise regime to increase testosterone levels significantly. Will you feel better and healthier with a good diet & regular weight training & cardio? Yes. Will it give you the testosterone levels of a teen in puberty or someone injecting even low doses of testosterone? No.

It is great that you don't have any symptoms of decreasing testosterone levels, I'd say whatever you are doing, keep it up man. But if the time comes as you age that supplementing is required, there are minimal side effects or significant increase in mortality rates. Those issues come up when running multiple compounds throughout the year (blasting & cruising) and at much higher doses. Even then, I don't think there has been 1 reported death specifically from steroids. It is either organ failure from high dosages run at extended periods, abuse of diuretics, alcohol and other narcotic substances. News reports won't mention the ****tail of other drugs in a steroid users system, as they have to push the "war on steroids" agenda.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any over the counter T treatment that doesnt have serious side effects ?
I lately found that I am lacking motivation and determination, which for some reason I think it is biological reason

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any over the counter T treatment that doesnt have serious side effects ?
I lately found that I am lacking motivation and determination, which for some reason I think it is biological reason
All over the counter supplements for testosterone boosting effects are largely bull**** & will NEVER give you the boost like actual testosterone will. The only OTC test booster pill that actually picked me up before using actual test was Apex Male by Blackstone Labs. The pills are gigantic but I did notice an increase in aggression & libido...nothing like the real thing though.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking a hormone test. Imo, the reason to not use TRT - "you'll be dependent" - is pretty baseless.

So what if you're dependent? you're already dependent on a million other things that you can't do by yourself. Roads, transportation,, electricity nets, food, medicine, water treatment, plumbing, waste treatment, environmental standards and cleanup, even people making and maintaining the equipment you use to work out, if other people stop making and maintaining these things then you're fvcked. What's it gonna change to be dependent on TRT too? We are a social species and need to let go of the atomized ego. And at some point your T levels will start declining anyway, what are you gonna tell yourself then... you'd rather have lowered T levels than go on TRT, because if you stop then your T levels would be lowered? lol.

Will see if I get allowed to go on it though, most likely my test levels aren't low enough. The increased wellbeing and that it acts as a birth control are my reasons to do it, don't really care about the muscle increase except in so far as I can then save 50% of my time in the gym and spend it on something I'd rather do than moving weights around.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Highly over rated if you are in your 40's wait till then live in Miami clinics all over loaded with those things hope you get better man

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
There are all sorts of cheats. People are getting blood transfusions from children now to improve their health and vitality. Literal vampires.

If you can live with the side effects of TRT, cool.

There must be natural ways of increasing testosterone however.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are all sorts of cheats. People are getting blood transfusions from children now to improve their health and vitality. Literal vampires.

Short term I've had zero side effects. If I can give an excuse for one, I'm more aggressive, but I channel that aggression into my workouts so it balances out. I'm equally as chill as I was before TRT every other hour of the day aside from when I train lol

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
Short term I've had zero side effects. If I can give an excuse for one, I'm more aggressive, but I channel that aggression into my workouts so it balances out. I'm equally as chill as I was before TRT every other hour of the day aside from when I train lol
Genital atrophy is a side effect. Dependence is a side effect.

Look for natural ways to boost testosterone if you can--that would be my recommendation. I would try it myself if it weren't for the side effects.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Years ago getting part of testicle of young man and merge it with testicle of older man in medical procedure led to better T level and high in lebido , however it was banned to prevent poors from selling their testicles to rich ones .

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genital atrophy is a side effect. Dependence is a side effect.

Look for natural ways to boost testosterone if you can--that would be my recommendation. I would try it myself if it weren't for the side effects.
I dont think anyone would dispute that natural is the preferred option. However for some guys achieving normal test levels naturally isnt possible whether because of age or illness.

I do heavy squats and deadlifts and take supplements, it does help, but my test levels will never be as it was when I was 25, and I do miss the raging libido and confidence i had back in my 20s. I might do TRT soon as well.