"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Hurting a girl feels like a sh1t, even with abundance

xuzaki

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
59
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Like many guys here, I discovered the red pill after a traumatic break up where I learned "hypergamy doesn't care". I won't repeat my life story, but it's relevant to say that the terms Beta Game, Scarcity Mentality, and Oneitis all applied to my life up until then. I'm 28.

I quickly went from going five years without sex to spinning plates. I believe I have an abundance mentality now, banging over 10% of my daygame direct approaches on the first or second date. Two plates have been really sweet to me all along, and have become attached. I feel attachment to one, which scares me because it makes me vulnerable. I spend a lot of time these days on self-improvement (gym, reading, comfort-zone challenges, languages, etc) and felt the urge to "drop everyone" and have a month alone, even though I don't see any girl more than once per week. After a few weeks of consideration, today I broke up with the girl I felt attached to. Somehow I thought it would "kill my inner Beta", but I feel like a piece of sh1t. She cared a lot for me, did absolutely nothing wrong, bought me gifts, considered me her boyfriend even though I never reciprocated, and I just dumped her with "you're really great but I need time to be alone".

I set out on this journey to become a better man, and to not get hurt again by Hypergamy, but I never set out to hurt anyone.

- Why do I feel like sh1t? It's not scarcity mentality, so maybe it's the "pain of causing someone else pain"?

- This girl is from Asia. I'm not sure if she understands the whole "covertly communicated non-exclusivity". American girls "get it", but what about possibly hurting foreign girls who seem to assume exclusivity?

- I broke up as nicely/politely as I could imagine, and I think she'd get back together. Anyone here with experience with this? Good/bad idea? My concerns are: (1) the frame wouldn't be the same, and (2) I'd feel hesitant to leave/hurt her a second time.

- How do you guys feel about hurting girls emotionally? I don't mind pumping-&-dumping arrogant Prima Donnas with overinflated egos, but hurting a sweet girl makes me feel like a horrible human being.

My newly unplugged friend told me I should have just made the time/space I needed, and she would have either stuck around or dropped. I now see this would have been a better choice.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Breaking off is never easy and it always hurts the other party regardless of what or how you say it.

However breaking off due to fear of attachment would suggest that you need to work on your fears 1st before being in any committed relationship.

The ability to take emotional hits or hurts is what separates the men from the boys.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Why do you feel the need to "be alone"? I've never understood why people get in this all or nothing mentality with women.
 

bario

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
90
Reaction score
26
In my opinion, bad move. Nice girl to you, you seemed attached, not a reason to breakup.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I wonder if hypergamy make women feel bad for dumping guys as much as we do when we dump them.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
1,018
Women don't give a damn about you when they ghost you for no reason, so I could care less about ditching one of them. Life goes on
 

xuzaki

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
59
Reaction score
43
Age
36
Why do you feel the need to "be alone"? I've never understood why people get in this all or nothing mentality with women.
I felt the need to be alone because of my own mental state which, as @Spaz rightly suggests, I need to work on. I've never been good at time management or at keeping focused on myself while in a relationship. In my past blue-pill relationships I felt trapped and unable to follow my goals/dreams. I foresaw my own SMV and happiness declining due to not taking the necessary time for myself. I agree it doesn't make sense since I was only giving this girl a few hours per week.

For the (even) newer guys reading this: just because you're spinning five plates doesn't mean you won't develop the feelings for them.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
I felt the need to be alone because of my own mental state which, as @Spaz rightly suggests, I need to work on. I've never been good at time management or at keeping focused on myself while in a relationship. In my past blue-pill relationships I felt trapped and unable to follow my goals/dreams. I foresaw my own SMV and happiness declining due to not taking the necessary time for myself. I agree it doesn't make sense since I was only giving this girl a few hours per week.

For the (even) newer guys reading this: just because you're spinning five plates doesn't mean you won't develop the feelings for them.
We recently had a thread that addresses this issue and how to overcome it.

I'm just too lazy to rehash everything.

@BeExcellent since you benefited from that thread why don't you benefit someone else in return ?

I know I know I'm such a d1ck...
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Treat people the way you want to be treated and dont wrong those who are good to you.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
How do you guys feel about hurting girls emotionally? I don't mind pumping-&-dumping arrogant Prima Donnas with overinflated egos, but hurting a sweet girl makes me feel like a horrible human being.
All you to do with girls is make your terms known, they will either

a) submit or
b) come up with emotional, irrational, topic avoidance, fact avoidance, and shaming excuses.


Doesn’t mean you have to hurt them.
 
Top