Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What’s the Point if you have to be Mentored your whole life?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something deep that I’ve been ruminating on lately.

As I’ve been going on this journey, I’ve received much mentorship, from people online to in the real world. This has been true for every area of my life, from school to dating. Every time I think I know it all, I’m just shown how much that I don’t know.

I’m very grateful to my mentors, but what’s the point if all I’m going to do is be told how to do things and not know things for the rest of my life?

Let’s have a deep philosophical discussion. I’d like to hear some views on this topic.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Lol. You got it wrong.

Ur role as a mantee is to take the lead in asking questions 2 assist in ur development and then deciding how 2 use that information to get the desired results.

After all, ur success is ultimately ur responsibility.

Be accountable.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even Lebron James needs a coach. Maybe you're asking the wrong question. What would be the point if one day you attained all the knowledge and experience you needed? What then?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your outlook is incorrect, you don't "have to" listen to anyone. The best course of action is to hear what people have to say, if you can extract some useful guidance or information from their advice/opinions/experience, then take their advice.

If what they say is nonsense then just ignore them and move on - there are a lot of fools in this world.

It's similar to playing videogames - you interact with Non Playable Characters (NPC). Some NPCs offer useful information on how to beat the game, but most NPCs just spout off random nonsense... It's your job as a player to decipher what's useful and what's not useful....

R

Ranger

A mentor is someone you choose. From my football days up into college ball, through the Marines and into the profession I chose, I was drawn to certain types of mentors. I’ve had three in this life.

Not all experienced or even successful men are necessarily best for you. You can tell by a pull or draw. It’s not like having a hero or someone to look up to. This is different.

You are not paying homage to a mentor. He also has to feel that draw towards you. It’s a recognition of someone as if you already knew them somehow or like there is some past between you. Kinsmen is the best word that I can use here.
Kinsmen is normally used when talking clans in the Scottish structure. But it’s also a feeling of kinship. It is felt but not normally spoken.

Just to latch onto someone because you want to be like them is not the same. He / she must also feel the kinship.

When concerning women opposites attract (masculine/feminine) but with a mentor/kinsmen it’s the likeness. Generally the same personality type. I’ve lived and breathed the warrior clan. So I will naturally be drawn to those of the warrior caste or clan. To me, there really is such a thing as a good death.

The mentor and you choose each other. If you chose a mentor just because you admire their game, you will most likely fail. You find a mentor who you are drawn to and he to you. You need a kinsman.

If you are more passive and feel things deeply, I assure you, there is a successful man with game and success with women that is your kinsman.
There are types of seduction that will best benifit you. Being the textbook “alpha” is a rediculous term and compleatly unachievable for many men.
You are spinning your wheels by trying to be the textbook “alpha”. It’s realy stupid.

It is your responsibility to find your kinsmen.
Find your clan.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even Lebron James needs a coach. Maybe you're asking the wrong question. What would be the point if one day you attained all the knowledge and experience you needed? What then?
That’s a very interesting point you make

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First accept that you do not know everything. Nor will you ever.

Then accept everyone has knowledge or experience of value which they can share with you.

Lastly accept you have the same to give to others as well.

We are all Mentors and Mentees as well, depending on the situation. Understand which you are for each given scenario you find yourself in.
That’s an interesting thought too. It’s a cycle, you’re mentored and then eventually you become the mentor yourself

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s an interesting thought too. It’s a cycle, you’re mentored and then eventually you become the mentor yourself
Came in to say this. But, even more than that, enjoy the process of achieving mastery, enjoy the feeling of uncertainty, enjoy the small victories, appreciate the fact that you still have things to learn. That feeling won’t last forever.

Having gone through it, I can say that, for me at least, the process was way more fun for me than the outcome. I get a good amount of satisfaction from paying it forward--both irl and online--and I still enjoy meeting girls--but it hardly holds a candle to the rush of dealing with the unknown, achieving things you didn’t know were possible, etc.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Came in to say this. But, even more than that, enjoy the process of achieving mastery, enjoy the feeling of uncertainty, enjoy the small victories, appreciate the fact that you still have things to learn. That feeling won’t last forever.

Having gone through it, I can say that, for me at least, the process was way more fun for me than the outcome. I get a good amount of satisfaction from paying it forward--both irl and online--and I still enjoy meeting girls--but it hardly holds a candle to the rush of dealing with the unknown, achieving things you didn’t know were possible, etc.
I feel you bro. I’m definitely having a blast with game and just improving life in general. I made this thread because it’s crazy how I spend time in the field and I think I’ve got it down, and then I find a whole new or more efficient way to do things lol

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let’s have a deep philosophical discussion. I’d like to hear some views on this topic.
Nope. Philosophy is an excuse for inaction. In reality, life is VERY SIMPLE.

1) Figure out what you want.

2) Get advice if you need it

3) Try something out.

4) Did you get closer to your objective? Great! Do more.

5) Did you not get closer to your objective? What did you learn? Try something different.

Go back to step 2 as needed, and repeat until death.

The BIGGEST PROBLEMS of every fist fvcking
mother fvcker on this board has is they are TOO TERRIFIED to leave step two and get in the real world and try something on their very own.

In close second are the angry folks (who tend to get banned) that try something, get a bad result, and then spend ENDLESS amounts of energy trying to convince themselves and everybody else that it's NOT THEIR FAULT.

Boom. Human nature in an nutshell. No philosophy required.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better”~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mentors are good, just make sure you’re out there in the world crushing your goals. Re-evaluate them through your success and failures. Correct your course if you feel off track. Ask questions when you stumble or feel like you’re becoming too off-centered.

You want to get to a place in life with age and wisdom where you trust your gut instincts and intuition. Do this enough times and people will begin to seek you out for advice.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Philosophy is an excuse for inaction. In reality, life is VERY SIMPLE.

1) Figure out what you want.

2) Get advice if you need it

3) Try something out.

4) Did you get closer to your objective? Great! Do more.

5) Did you not get closer to your objective? What did you learn? Try something different.

Go back to step 2 as needed, and repeat until death.

The BIGGEST PROBLEMS of every fist fvcking
mother fvcker on this board has is they are TOO TERRIFIED to leave step two and get in the real world and try something on their very own.

In close second are the angry folks (who tend to get banned) that try something, get a bad result, and then spend ENDLESS amounts of energy trying to convince themselves and everybody else that it's NOT THEIR FAULT.

Boom. Human nature in an nutshell. No philosophy required.
That’s really simplified, and I like it. I’m out here doing approaches and seeing what works as well, sometimes I just like having discussions like this lol. Although when you put it like that my time probably would be better spent at the gym haha