"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

****blocked by other female

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Long story short I went on a business trip to LA with coworkers coming from offices from around the nation. Started hitting it off with one of them and everything was going well until her ugly female friend decided she’s going to start hitting on me. Starts buying me drinks, making sexual innuendos throughout the entire night. When I tried to get the other girls info, she said she didn’t want to get involved with me since her friend likes me. I tried telling her that it wasn’t mutual and that i was interested in her. She didn’t care though.

On the spot I couldn’t think of something else to seal the deal. Any thoughts, ideas or pointers?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

TheProspect

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2016
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,826
You got an excuse instead of her number. Sounds like low interest and she was you letting you down gently.

I don't really know the exact circumstances, but you mentioned this a was a business trip. You may have thought you were hitting it off, but she may have thought she was simply having an engaging conversation with a coworker who ended up coming on too strong to her. Or perhaps she has a boyfriend. Or maybe she is loyal to her "ugly" friend if her "ugly" friend stated to her beforehand that she was going for you.

In any event, interest wasn't high enough in my opinion.
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
You got an excuse instead of her number. Sounds like low interest and she was you letting you down gently.

I don't really know the exact circumstances, but you mentioned this a was a business trip. You may have thought you were hitting it off, but she may have thought she was simply having an engaging conversation with a coworker who ended up coming on too strong to her. Or perhaps she has a boyfriend. Or maybe she is loyal to her "ugly" friend if her "ugly" friend stated to her beforehand that she was going for you.

In any event, interest wasn't high enough in my opinion.
Grinding on my **** at the bar didn’t seem like low interest. I guess one just never knows what a woman is thinking.
 

TheProspect

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2016
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,826
Grinding on my **** at the bar didn’t seem like low interest. I guess one just never knows what a woman is thinking.
Her giving you an excuse instead of her number does though.

Some girls are just looking for fun and attention and can grind on 20+ d!cks in one night and it won’t mean anything regarding interest.

Probably why a lot of guys on here will say the only true unmistakeable indicator of interest is if she’s fvcking you. Even then, a girl may not necessarily like you, and was just “interested” in sex at that particular moment in time and you were a convenient option.
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
Long story short I went on a business trip to LA with coworkers coming from offices from around the nation. Started hitting it off with one of them and everything was going well until her ugly female friend decided she’s going to start hitting on me. Starts buying me drinks, making sexual innuendos throughout the entire night. When I tried to get the other girls info, she said she didn’t want to get involved with me since her friend likes me. I tried telling her that it wasn’t mutual and that i was interested in her. She didn’t care though.

On the spot I couldn’t think of something else to seal the deal. Any thoughts, ideas or pointers?
if she liked you she'd have been mad at her friend for not backing off of you, instead she said she wouldn't get involved to step on that girl's toes (read: that hot one doesn't like you but the other one does)
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
if she liked you she'd have been mad at her friend for not backing off of you, instead she said she wouldn't get involved to step on that girl's toes (read: that hot one doesn't like you but the other one does)
Yea makes sense. Tough to accept when it seemed like progress was being made.
 
Top