You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.
For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.
Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.
The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
They're mostly from online dating, they're types i wouldn't really date long term you knowIf you don't like them because they seem to be narcissistic, cluster b, psychopathic or sadistic, I'd say don't date them just for the experience. Otherwise, if you're in a drought, sure. But I don't really see why you'd spend time with people you don't like. I find it's never worth the pvssy anyway.
What types are that?They're mostly from online dating, they're types i wouldn't really date long term you know
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Smash them at their place. Dont go out in public with chicks that are not very attractive. It's the quickest way to destroy your SMV.They're mostly from online dating, they're types i wouldn't really date long term you know
As always right on the money with advice, Glass! Also hilarious. I could picture both scenarios: the fatty and the hotty lmao.Smash them at their place. Dont go out in public with chicks that are not very attractive. It's the quickest way to destroy your SMV.
Can you imagine your ex's best friend seeing you out with a chubby girl that was worse than your ex in physical appearance? Youd be the talk and your ex would be walking on air.
Now imagine your ex's best friend seeing you out with a smoking hot chick this weekend. Your SMV would be through the roof.
Do the math. Dont take chicks out in public that are not high value and attractive. At least on your level or higher.
As always right on the money with advice, Glass! Also hilarious. I could picture both scenarios: the fatty and the hotty lmao.
I just friend zoned and next a fatty on OLD after 2 dates. We had the same spiritual faith which is cool and important to me but damn... she didn’t pass the attraction test. I know I couldn’t smash. I would have to be drunk af to get physical with that chick.
It’s funny I rather stay in a “dry” spell of no plates than smash fatties.
This is a good one. If I have a chick that is all about me but just isnt cutting it in the looks dept to raise my SMV, I just tell her after a couple of dates that I realized I am not ready for a relationship right now. Normally I would swing that into a conversation that leads to "I am probably better off with something more casual right now since I am so busy" and see if she bites and spin her into a casual plate.I just friend zoned and next a fatty on OLD after 2 dates
It depends on ur interpretation of "interested in".I'm trying to get back into the dating scene after a breakup, should i date both girls i like and don't like just for experience, or only the girls i'm actually interested in?
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
My stance on this is to NOT take women that you arent attracted to out on "dates".General random dating can have benefits. If you particularly think you need to improve your social skills in a certain way, or if you just want a bit of company every now and then, sure go for it.
However, if you are wanting to improve your success with women that you are attracted to, dating women you're not attracted to won't help much. Despite what many will be willing to admit, men will behave differently around attractive women than they do with women they don't find attractive.
The only way to learn how to be successful with attractive women is to be with them, make the necessary mistakes, reflect and learn. This process can take longer than a few weeks or months, more often years. Most are not willing to put the work in, which results in this kind of settling.
With the greatest of respect, a lot of people in your position, men and women, will take the easy route as a knee-jerk reaction to being dumped. Long story short. Going out with anyone will feed your ego, satiate your loneliness/loss of your previous relationship, and pass the time. But it won't really do much to feed your potential.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
Agreed. Though I don't really go on 'dates' anymore, even with girls I am attracted to, at least not officially. Traditional 'dating' is becoming more antiquated with every year that passes. Like, I would never say to a girl, 'Let's go out on a date'. I say, 'Let's go out next week for a drink / I'm going to XYZ, join me'. Then escalate. With respect, thinking about it further, 'dating' one group and not another may be considered pedestalisation by some.My stance on this is to NOT take women that you arent attracted to out on "dates".
You are lowering your SMV (she obviously is lower than you on looks) and you are spending money that you dont need to spend just to have interaction with a woman.
Remember, learning to be happy single and self improving is better than being with someone just for the sake of being with someone.