"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more

The Diver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
572
Reaction score
608
I started a chat with a woman on one of the app' and told her I liked her profile.
After we went back and forth with a few massages, I said:
Me: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more sometime soon and take it from there.
Me: Well, nothing beat face to face chat if you're REALLY want to know someone. Let me know if you'll change your mind, bye for now.

She didn't reply.

Now, the way I see the "I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more and take it from there" is pretty simple, it's like she said:
"I'm not saying No, but convince me why you worth my time, why I should say YES. The decision of meeting up or not is actually now in her hand.

Trying to "convince" a woman to go out with me, by "proving" myself worthy to her, is not a place I would ever put myself into.

I usually take anything other than Yes, as a No! and move on.

I'm interested in your opinion, as this scenario came up from time to time, and I want to know once and for all if my usual answer to this is correct, or could I handle it differently to get the result I want ( a date).
Would you react differently to my last response? would you do something deferent? or, do you think my instincts and response are correct?

Cheers
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2016
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,219
Age
41
The result you want shouldn't be a date. It should be a date with a woman who has a good chance of being worth your time.

As for the example, after a few get to know you questions and banter, they should have no problems meeting up. As you said, anything other than a yes is a no. I think you handled it perfectly.
 

LaughyDuck

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2018
Messages
88
Reaction score
50
The result you want shouldn't be a date. It should be a date with a woman who has a good chance of being worth your time.

As for the example, after a few get to know you questions and banter, they should have no problems meeting up. As you said, anything other than a yes is a no. I think you handled it perfectly.
Those girls you met on the net who "want to chat a bit more" are just looking for validation and how long you will chase her for a date. If a girl doesn't say yes to my inviation usually after few messages I say good bye.
 

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
I used to fall for this one all the time but not anymore. Op I think you handled it perfectly. I don’t mind chatting off and on for a few days but that’s it. If I decide to ask her out and get this answer that’s pretty much a no + a next.
 

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
You handled it fine.. What better way is there to get know someone other than meeting up, drink, chat, flirting, chemistry etc?

She was expecting you to PROVE yourself by kissing her ass, and jumping through hoops!

Fuk her man.. just move on!
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
I used to fall for this one all the time but not anymore. Op I think you handled it perfectly. I don’t mind chatting off and on for a few days but that’s it. If I decide to ask her out and get this answer that’s pretty much a no + a next.

Yes a couple of days of banter is fine.. This idea some woman have of finding the chemistry and spark, by texting back and forth endlessly is complete bullchit.

She is simply stalling, or expecting you to prove your worth like a lowly peasant.. Nah if she doesn't say yes... Simply MOVE ON
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I look at it differently, and this is how I bagged my current gf:

I go for a few weeks of chat before meeting up. I guess writing is my forte, and I use it to generate mystery, excitement, and attraction.

By the time we meet she is ripe and already invested. Works like a charm for me, but everyone’s style is different.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
I ran into a few of these women. Some people on OLD are really gunshy about meeting up. In most instances it means she isnt that interested tho or is an AW
 

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
I ran into a few of these women. Some people on OLD are really gunshy about meeting up. In most instances it means she isnt that interested tho or is an AW
I have found this too.. They will chat forever, but soon as you mention meeting up.. Bham she loses interest.. Online game reaps very little rewards for the effort one has to put in.

I much prefer to approach these days!
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
900
Reaction score
1,030
God damn! She sounds like a typical Human Resource Manager.

Convince me right now you bottom feeding slave! Why should I hire you?

She must've had a few bad experiences in the past.
If I were you, I would've just asked for her phone number when she said she wanted to chat a bit more.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
896
I started a chat with a woman on one of the app' and told her I liked her profile.
After we went back and forth with a few massages, I said:
Me: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more sometime soon and take it from there.
Me: Well, nothing beat face to face chat if you're REALLY want to know someone. Let me know if you'll change your mind, bye for now.

She didn't reply.

Now, the way I see the "I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more and take it from there" is pretty simple, it's like she said:
"I'm not saying No, but convince me why you worth my time, why I should say YES. The decision of meeting up or not is actually now in her hand.

Trying to "convince" a woman to go out with me, by "proving" myself worthy to her, is not a place I would ever put myself into.

I usually take anything other than Yes, as a No! and move on.

I'm interested in your opinion, as this scenario came up from time to time, and I want to know once and for all if my usual answer to this is correct, or could I handle it differently to get the result I want ( a date).
Would you react differently to my last response? would you do something deferent? or, do you think my instincts and response are correct?

Cheers
short answer, she doesn't want to talk with you. Long answer, if all of her other options fall through, she might consider talking to you. You're the fallback guy, the settlement, I wouldn't wait around or contact again for a second, huge waste of time if you do.
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
OP: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more sometime soon and take it from there.

Chris Hemsworth: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: Okay! what time works for you?
 

The Diver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
572
Reaction score
608
OP: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more sometime soon and take it from there.

Chris Hemsworth: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: Okay! what time works for you?
Yeap... This hypothetical mind game helped me many time to get the correct picture,,lol
 

MrJack

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 1, 2017
Messages
496
Reaction score
226
Age
33
I started a chat with a woman on one of the app' and told her I liked her profile.
After we went back and forth with a few massages, I said:
Me: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more sometime soon and take it from there.
Me: Well, nothing beat face to face chat if you're REALLY want to know someone. Let me know if you'll change your mind, bye for now.

She didn't reply.

Now, the way I see the "I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more and take it from there" is pretty simple, it's like she said:
"I'm not saying No, but convince me why you worth my time, why I should say YES. The decision of meeting up or not is actually now in her hand.

Trying to "convince" a woman to go out with me, by "proving" myself worthy to her, is not a place I would ever put myself into.

I usually take anything other than Yes, as a No! and move on.

I'm interested in your opinion, as this scenario came up from time to time, and I want to know once and for all if my usual answer to this is correct, or could I handle it differently to get the result I want ( a date).
Would you react differently to my last response? would you do something deferent? or, do you think my instincts and response are correct?

Cheers
You handled it fine. Any girl who says she just wants to chat more online first is either super shy/sheltered or she’s an attention wh0re looking for more validation through OLD... 9/10 times it’s the latter.

Congrats you just screened out another broad who seeks to waste your time so keep doing what you are doing.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
I started a chat with a woman on one of the app' and told her I liked her profile.
After we went back and forth with a few massages, I said:
Me: After reading your profile, I knew I want to meet you, and after our chat, I still want to meet you. So let's meet up for a coffee or a drink.
She: I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more sometime soon and take it from there.
Me: Well, nothing beat face to face chat if you're REALLY want to know someone. Let me know if you'll change your mind, bye for now.

She didn't reply.

Now, the way I see the "I'm not saying NO, but I would like to chat a bit more and take it from there" is pretty simple, it's like she said:
"I'm not saying No, but convince me why you worth my time, why I should say YES. The decision of meeting up or not is actually now in her hand.

Trying to "convince" a woman to go out with me, by "proving" myself worthy to her, is not a place I would ever put myself into.

I usually take anything other than Yes, as a No! and move on.

I'm interested in your opinion, as this scenario came up from time to time, and I want to know once and for all if my usual answer to this is correct, or could I handle it differently to get the result I want ( a date).
Would you react differently to my last response? would you do something deferent? or, do you think my instincts and response are correct?

Cheers
This is a chick who wants attention. Not dates..

Cutting through her crap when you translate it is this :

"I'm not saying yes."


Don't waste your time.
 
Joined
Sep 11, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
16
Age
44
I'd be curious to know what the conversation was prior to the "meet-up" request. Just so I can give a better answer to your question...
 

The Diver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
572
Reaction score
608
I'd be curious to know what the conversation was prior to the "meet-up" request. Just so I can give a better answer to your question...
The usual things, like my hobbies, what she like doing for fun, her kids age,. She went offline for half an hour during the chat, and when she got back online I cut to the chase and messaged her what I wrote in my post.

I found that chatting a bit about those things is enough for any girl, and me, to know if she/ me like meeting up.

I used to spend hours and days chatting and found it is no different on the outcome ( secure a date ) compare to a short, fun upbeat chat, where I asked straight up for a "meet-up". On 80% of the time where I took this approach I got the "I would love to,, when? (Just to be fair, some of them will cancel later on, but that part of the game, no dramas )
 
Joined
Sep 11, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Thanks for the clarity! I'm an digital dating expert myself, and have found that, for the most part, your assessment of messaging women and getting dates is correct most of the time. With that said, I typically try to feel out the convo and her answers to see if it's a woman I should ask out right away, or one that needs more time. Not time in the sense of the number of messages, but in the sense of spreading out how many days I've talked to her. For some women I have found that sending 5 to 7 messages over 2 days makes them feel like they know me more, simply due to the number of "hours" she feels we've been talking for (whereas other women can get sent the same number of messages in a 12 hour time span and be ready to go out).

All that said: this woman was out once you said she had kids - women with baggage like that are already going to have issues committing to dates, and/or will use the kids as an excuse not to see you if they're starting to lose interest. Soooo ultimately, no loss here.
 

nismo-4

Moderator
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
1,143
Location
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I ran into a few of these women. Some people on OLD are really gunshy about meeting up. In most instances it means she isnt that interested tho or is an AW
Gunshy my ass! Would you be gunshy about meeting Katy Perry if she asked you out on a date? I guarantee you wouldn't, you'd save your game of Madden 18 in the 2nd quarter to get ready!

My money is on attention wh0re. Would she do this game to Lebron James or Matt Ryan? Hell no.

Second place is for losers. Women have worldwide prospects and male competition is fierce.

Good job OP for dropping her. Extra points if you're not holding your breath. Time wasters hate when you want to meet face to face, because they lose non-sexual attention.

For the record, the decision to meet you was in her hands from the get-go.

Case closed. Get a new woman.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top