Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anthony Bourdain suicide

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few other celebrities, both male and female, also committed suicide recently.

I put this down to a deep-seated cultural/ spiritual problem in the west. We are supposed to be happy, we supposedly have it all, we are miserable, we decide to end it all. Perhaps material abundance coincides with spiritual poverty... people today think of what they lack rather than express gratitude for what they have.

As for Bourdain, I liked him. But he did seem a bit of a glutton and a hedonist. RIP Antony Bourdain.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anthony Bourdain had an awesome show and only reason CNN could be on TV list.

However, he was a cook... Cook are known alcoholic and psychopath.

He was married 3 times.. 1 kid daughter.

He was also a late bloomer... He was Broke and Poor until his 50s. He also had some drugs/alcohol addiction.

Rumours are that his current GF (current Weinstein victim and a meetoo advocate) was leaving him, added to his addictions, and his struggle to see his daughter (11 years old).

He was also a defender of the meetoo, great story teller, great show man. RIP.

His suicide show that all the SMV / Fame / Status cannot solve the most inner issues (inside you) cause they are just temporary (and you get used to it) while what's inside... never stop.

About Suicide Rate: Since the 1970's suicide rate has doubled and mostly among Male. Male are feeling lost since "society/family/work/snowflakes/morals" are not geared towards them. Man struggle and in a world where everyone seek "purpose" .... If you struggle at life and have "no" purpose... its a explosive ****tail.

Women might have been "bored and repressed" back in the days... but they had a purpose (making babies and raising them, taking care of the finances of the house) while the Man took care of the family income/status/reputation.

Also, now there is nothing to prevent you from suicide other than "family" which is oftten fractured

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I've often wondered why men would resort to suicide. I've tried putting myself in their shoes, and I could not think of a logical reason.

It just escapes me. In my mind all I could think is; how selfish that a man endowed with natural talents and the ability to influence other men would leave this world using the cowards way out.

We men r biologically created to fight and survive the harshest of conditions but yet our greatest weakness is our minds.

In the end, our principles in life is what differentiates us all.

In the end it's how we think that matters.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've often wondered why men would resort to suicide. I've tried putting myself in their shoes, and I could not think of a logical reason.

It just escapes me. In my mind all I could think is; how selfish that a man endowed with natural talents and the ability to influence other men would leave this world using the cowards way out.

We men r biologically created to fight and survive the harshest of conditions but yet our greatest weakness is our minds.

In the end, our principles in life is what differentiates us all.

In the end it's how we think that matters.
My best friend killed himself with a plastic bag in 2011. It's a week after his 21 birthday.

He was my soulmate. We would always be together and even dress the same without consulting each other (it sounds gay but it happened ALOT), we finished each other sentences. We joked, trained, chased skirt, gamed, studied together.

A real bro.

You know what else? He was a real babe magnet (all the girls were after him), He was the définition of a Superman (he was 180lb, 6packs, thin, stanned... he could run 50km, he benchedpressed 300lbs, his bicep contracted had 2 bumps and size of my head... he trained 3 hours every 2 days at home: self weight and he did 3 session of muay Thai a week at competitive level, he passed all "survival in the woods" test)... Now, while he was a babe-magnet and physical machine.. He got rejected at the first English MD school but 1 week later we was accepted at the best French MD school (medical school). The letter came 1 week to late. He already ended his life. Leaving only a note

Found out, it had been his 3rd try.

Once after a breakup with his Girlfriend (Ex) at 18 years old where they had a messed up relationship: open relationship, needy, always fighting.

2nd with his grand father WW2 gun at around 20. He called a goodfriend of his that day. The friend became my good friend after the funerals.

3rd. He succeeded with a plastic bag. The day he did it a thought came to my head if he had done it.

He was on Xanax for bipolar. He was "perfect" but he was messed up inside and came from a wealthy but real broken down family.

Alot of people who performs including myself.. Do it to avoid looking inside. Often the people you see and admire or those "perfect" are the most fragile inside.

All my life I admired him and wanted to be "as great" , I was lucky to being born in a "good family" that what saved me.

We all know failure... but when you put yourself at the rope to succeed and fail... you explode.

I've passed the past 7 years to heal myself inside (my inner) and be as strong as him (both physically and mental). It remains, I know I am fragile but I act and respect my limit: pushing them every day.

In our society: alot of people including me have to work 12 hours a day, commute 3 hours, feed a family, handle kids and gf/wife, deal with family and friends, and ever increasing debt/gaz price/food price/house price.. With a salary/income that doesn't keep up with inflation or mental state. At work, we always have to do more and better with less and for less while life happens without care

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 5 yrs old, like all boys my age, instead of kindergarten, we were thought how to sharpen knifes, short swords, spears, hunting small game. By 10-12 years old, we must have skills to solo hunt and that's when we get our 1st tattoos.

As kids we were always hungry.

Some friends died due to lack of medicine.

Some died during the hunt.

Some got attacked and never to be seen again, only their screams of terror a reminder.

Do I have flashbacks of river bathing with friends and being attacked by crocodiles, seeing some friends maimed and some taken away to be eaten alive ? Fvck yes but as time passes it becomes a distant memory. Those faces I once remembered so well now fades and I can hardly recall it.

It's just part of my childhood, living a nomadic jungle life is either be strong, endure or die.

And now living in the city, I find it so much easier to survive and prosper. Fvcking easiest thing to do.

People just don't know how bless they truly are in a modern society.

People must learn not to take things for granted and learn once more how to be grateful for what they have now.
Your environment shaped you. You came from a ''life/death'' scenario.

Many of us (including myself) were born in cities and urban area... where well... there is nothing to worry except paying bills, putting food on your table. However, we all have a ''drive to succeed and fear of failing''

Our environment shape who we are are.

I remember once chatting with a colleage and said : ''how hard it is the business''.... He told me the story of clients of his... Miners...: Miners in North Canada, how they had to mine without electricity in pitch black, limited and than come up to freezing cold and no sun. ''That's hard work''

In perspective it is... but for someone ''used to it'' its acceptable, for someone who is expected ''office work'' it is hell.

Perspective, your life experience carve who you are, and you need to be solid inside, appreciate... cause otherwise you feel taking the ''easy way out''

A study showed : People who suffered the most early or the ''poor'' never thought about ''Suicide''.... It's the Rich and Educated that commit ''suicide''

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
U r right, I apologise.

I'm being insensitive and using my own morality/upbringing as a yardstick which is unfair.

@Von thank you for making me understand.

Mods please delete this thread, I see nothing good will come from this or from me.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A study showed : People who suffered the most early or the ''poor'' never thought about ''Suicide''.... It's the Rich and Educated that commit ''suicide''
That's very interesting. I'd be curious to see that study if you've got a link to it or know the name of it.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
U r right, I apologise.

I'm being insensitive and using my own morality/upbringing as a yardstick which is unfair.

@Von thank you for making me understand.

Mods please delete this thread, I see nothing good will come from this or from me.
I find your thread to be good and educating. To help people find "perspective"

You know what my bestfriend grandfather (who died at 92 in 2013, he woke up in the morning, threw the garbage, came back to bed and died in his sleep) thought of his grandson suicide ? You have a Polish catholic who fought in WorldWar 2 and ran away from the Soviet Union in 1980 as a nuclear engineer.

He thought his grandson was a traitor.

People have no idea how hard suicide is for the people around and that like "women breakup or nexting us" there is NO ANSWER, only questions.

Spaz some people here are from your background or like all of us here "hope"

There is no hope in suicide. It hurts everyone around and usually a coward move.

If you want to avoid suicide... answer your heart questions by diging and move at your space.

From your thread. we can help people understand and they know people care about themselves, life is a fight for everyone and you have support.

Here a site about suicide stats.. They mention Women have more attempted suicide but Men succeed more at it: http://www.humanillnesses.com/Behavioral-Health-Sel-Vi/Suicide.html

It's mostly teens, european Heritage, substance abusers, personality disorder people.

Suicide is done by Gun, Drugs, Car intoxication

Here some wealth stats: http://www.businessinsider.com/link...e-rates-san-francisco-federal-reserve-2012-11

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy was an amazing cook, but a pompous a-s-s-h-o-l-e. No disrespect, but it is what it is. I have little respect for people who give up. I have even less respect who have a child, and then leave them by committing suicide. We all have issues and problems, we are men. We are stronger and work through our issues, not pvss out and take the easy way. Now, an 11 year old kid is fatherless and her life will now be turned upside down. Sorry, not sorry. I had a friend who committed suicide. He actually called me as he was doing it. My then wife called 911 and we rushed over there with cops chasing us because of the speeding. No luck. He already did himself in.

Fvckin pvssies. Life is what you make of it. It just shows he's public ego was not the same as his private one. Offing himself for a woman... geez. What a waste.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My best friend killed himself with a plastic bag in 2011. It's a week after his 21 birthday.

He was my soulmate. We would always be together and even dress the same without consulting each other (it sounds gay but it happened ALOT), we finished each other sentences. We joked, trained, chased skirt, gamed, studied together.

A real bro.

You know what else? He was a real babe magnet (all the girls were after him), He was the définition of a Superman (he was 180lb, 6packs, thin, stanned... he could run 50km, he benchedpressed 300lbs, his bicep contracted had 2 bumps and size of my head... he trained 3 hours every 2 days at home: self weight and he did 3 session of muay Thai a week at competitive level, he passed all "survival in the woods" test)... Now, while he was a babe-magnet and physical machine.. He got rejected at the first English MD school but 1 week later we was accepted at the best French MD school (medical school). The letter came 1 week to late. He already ended his life. Leaving only a note

Found out, it had been his 3rd try.

Once after a breakup with his Girlfriend (Ex) at 18 years old where they had a messed up relationship: open relationship, needy, always fighting.

2nd with his grand father WW2 gun at around 20. He called a goodfriend of his that day. The friend became my good friend after the funerals.

3rd. He succeeded with a plastic bag. The day he did it a thought came to my head if he had done it.

He was on Xanax for bipolar. He was "perfect" but he was messed up inside and came from a wealthy but real broken down family.

Alot of people who performs including myself.. Do it to avoid looking inside. Often the people you see and admire or those "perfect" are the most fragile inside.

All my life I admired him and wanted to be "as great" , I was lucky to being born in a "good family" that what saved me.

We all know failure... but when you put yourself at the rope to succeed and fail... you explode.

I've passed the past 7 years to heal myself inside (my inner) and be as strong as him (both physically and mental). It remains, I know I am fragile but I act and respect my limit: pushing them every day.

In our society: alot of people including me have to work 12 hours a day, commute 3 hours, feed a family, handle kids and gf/wife, deal with family and friends, and ever increasing debt/gaz price/food price/house price.. With a salary/income that doesn't keep up with inflation or mental state. At work, we always have to do more and better with less and for less while life happens without care
A very sad story, and sorry to hear that about your best friend. I think it is quite telling actually. There is way too much pressure on men to perform in this life.... and no outlet for the inevitable reality than many will not be successful... measured in terms of worldly success that is. This is why a philosophy or religion is crucial. It is not so much a 'crutch', but a larger view of life... where we take any success in life [or lack of it] with a sense of humor. We all die [fail] in the end.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy was an amazing cook, but a pompous a-s-s-h-o-l-e. No disrespect, but it is what it is. I have little respect for people who give up. I have even less respect who have a child, and then leave them by committing suicide. We all have issues and problems, we are men. We are stronger and work through our issues, not pvss out and take the easy way. Now, an 11 year old kid is fatherless and her life will now be turned upside down. Sorry, not sorry. I had a friend who committed suicide. He actually called me as he was doing it. My then wife called 911 and we rushed over there with cops chasing us because of the speeding. No luck. He already did himself in.

Fvckin pvssies. Life is what you make of it. It just shows he's public ego was not the same as his private one. Offing himself for a woman... geez. What a waste.
Yep, suicide should be thought of as a crime [homicide, regicide etc]. Now you aren't even supposed to say someone 'killed themselves'. As for death, it's now someone 'passed' instead of 'passed away'. It's probably only a matter of time before Euthanasia goes mainstream... as we all have a 'right' to do it... if we are suffering enough. Now suffering does not get much worse than inner psychological suffering. And so there is a rationale for people to commit suicide. Because the base-line of a consumerist society is an addictive state [always wanting something], then there is no inner strength or resiliency... people are weak.. and more will just take 'the easy way out'. It's almost a death cult. God help us.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Just saying, if anyone going through a rough patch now, having suicidal thoughts, reading and getting clues here is not the answer.

I don't have any answers and I don't think anyone here does either.

Only thing i or anyone can do is listen.

We all might have different upbringing/experiences but we all value life and the value of hope.

I would like to believe that SoSuave's main commodity is hope. In every thread, it always amounts to the same outcome; hope.

By reading the forums, by engaging in it, by being open to criticism and by opening yourself to new principles then hope will continue to burn bright.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

I concur 100%.

It's just that the upbringing that you and I might have had has strengthen us so much so that the very thought of suicide disgusts us, at least it does to me.

Others might not be so fortunate to have similar upbringing and it would be erroneous to judge them the same. Today I learned something in SS.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

Here's a guy that's basically has it all, fame, money, looks etc.

Commits suicide.

Any thoughts on why men in increasing numbers going that route?
WGAF?!?!... Are my thoughts. So many people out here trying to survive and TMZ, ET, and every other news outlet blowing up Donna Karan and company. Sorry, not sorry, but fvck 'em. They choose that route, because they are like every other entitled pvssy out here. Not news worthy.

A

AJ84

When we see people who seem to have it all we assume that their lives are awesome but life happens from the inside out.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CNN = fake news