Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How is being able to walk away an attractive quality?

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear this adage quite often at times - that most men will put up with anything from women, especially if they're beautiful women. Basically women will treat them with bad behaviour, disrespect, tantrums, and other dis-qualifiers, but they will keep going until they finally crash and burn. And I've seen this on and off a few times. If it is accurate that most men (and possibly women) do not have that level of themselves to walk away... is there a positive quality to be had to be able to do so? Putting yourself outside of the weakness of them somehow?

So hey that's great - you got your self-respect. Save yourself time, energy, etc. And I understand that part fully as important, especially for yourself (and I try to follow this). Pride and self-respect is something I try to maintain.

But I struggle with the understanding/concept around that willingness and the ability to walk away is an attractive quality... that it shows all the qualities that a woman wants in a man. Because once you've done that (walk away) - haven't you already ended the interaction with the woman? How or why does that impact them if you've cut them off already?

logicallefty

Reaction score
If you are willing to talk away when a woman disrespects you that means you value yourself and if you value yourself she will value you too. In putting it the other way, if you have no value for yourself and are willing to put up with her disrespect, how can you expect her to find value in you?

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The one who is able to walk away from a relationship is the one with the most power. I've been in relationships where the woman turned and started to test me. I usually allow one pass, then I show them the door. I gave my ex-wife a bit more rope with the hopes that she'd grab it and pull herself up. However, no, she hung herself (rhetorically speaking) and I filed for divorce not too long after. It wasn't a power play for me, however, it goes by the old adage, if one doesn't respect themselves to standup for themselves against all odds, how is anyone else going to? Thus, it's a self-respect thing. It's something women usually cannot process. Their minds are programmed differently.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True. I know that with people I respect, I would expect them to act accordingly if I did something disrespectful to them. Of course, I try to avoid doing so. I know if they didn't react accordingly, or acted in an overzealous manner to an resolvable minor thing - I would lose respect for them. And generally I suppose they would be less attractive (male or female). On the other hand, I've seen decent or great levels of maturity in people, or calmness in handling potentially unfriendly situations. Sometimes with my involvement, or just observing on the outside. Those people I have definitely higher respect for... and I suppose in some sense, attraction.

With women, I usually end up being the one to define that this is the end of the relationship. I rather be the one to 'pull the trigger', so to speak. Either directly, or indirectly (by cutting contact). Rather than prolonging, 'waiting' for them to be friendly again or perhaps having them end it themselves. I try to stagger my withdrawal, give them a bit of a timeframe if I find she's doing something disrespectful/unattractive - silence and distance I suppose. Sometimes it brings them back to be friendly for awhile, sometimes not.

I don't know. Just annoying/disappointing I suppose to cut off people. Especially if you did like them. But if they're kind of clearly being an ******* to you (women definitely included)... the options feel limited to enforcing your boundaries in some manner, or hang on like most others seem to. I want to feel better about being able to walk away I guess. :p

Ryan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever walked away from a friend before? Tell me why you walked away?

Lets say we were mates....we played on the same soccer team, and enjoyed each others company.

But then I kept touching your girlfriend, you would be pissed. Wouldn't you walk away from our friendship?

You wouldn't think, oh man I was friends with Ryan for five years, hes a cool guy I like him..so even thought he touches my gf I am too scared to walk away.

Same thing in a relationship. Although its much easier said than done, and most people on this board can't do it. But it is the most important thing to do.

Logical lefty is 100% right

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If you are willing to talk away when a woman disrespects you that means you value yourself and if you value yourself she will value you too. In putting it the other way, if you have no value for yourself and are willing to put up with her disrespect, how can you expect her to find value in you?
In furtherance of this post^^

When a woman is purposely being disrespectful, it means she is bullying you as a man.

She's subconsciously thinking that if she as a mere woman can bully you and you not standing up to it, how can she expect you to stand up for her if another man comes and bullies her? It's sounds stupid right? But that's woman's logic.

She then starts to lose respect for you and also lose attraction towards you - get this, she doesn't understand why, all she understands is "feeling". You just don't "feel" right.

In her subconscious mind, u r no longer a man, you are lesser then even the weakest female. You might as well be a c0ckroach.

And women generally detest bugs....

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get this, she doesn't understand why, all she understands is "feeling". You just don't "feel" right.
This is so true. Some women are aware of it, but most don't seem to be. They say things like, "I was just feeling overwhelmed" and they simply lose any sexual attraction they had for you.

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You walk away to get some peace of mind from all the drama and BS and being around that person is not making you grow.

You don't walk away because you are trying to manipulate the other person or trying to punish them, or trying to get them to come back to you crawling. Because if that is your motive then walking away is not your best option.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When they see you are able to walk away and stand firm to that decision, they want you again. The irony of life, but I guess it's just + and -, the energy. They want a man who's got enough self respect to walk away when he sees/feels he's not wanted/respected.

Spidah

Banned
Reaction score
Guys with abundance can walk away easily. Women know it.

When a guy can't walk away it shows his lack of abundance and his scarcity mindset. That communicates to the chick that you are not in high demand. So it makes her less attracted to you.

Women want guys in high demand.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's self respect and value. What you're communicating subconsciously is that you know you are worthy of more and if you won't give it to me I will find someone who will. It is one of the most powerful tools you can use as a man. It doesn't always have to be ending a relationship either. Say your girlfriend has been great for months but then she has a bad week, is a bit moody and has a little tantrum at you that you know you don't deserve. A beta guy will think "Oh I did something wrong, I should try to fix this." and bend over backwards trying to figure out what he did wrong. An alpha guy will say "You know what, you're obviously not in the mood to see me today. I'm going to go home." and just leaves. Nine times out of ten she'll crawl back apologizing because you've created dread and demonstrated high value. You didn't lose your cool, you didn't try to explain anything (logic vs emotion is always a waste of time), you just said subversively, I'm better than this and I won't tolerate it. If you want to keep me, you'll treat me with respect. You can be more overt as well and state it, but I prefer to be calm and demonstrate with action.

If you pass a sh1t test like that, you'll be miles ahead of 99% of guys.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a really good topic.

Walking away is one of the most important things I've learned with age (I'm over 40), in business, life, and romance. Especially romance and especially in 2018 given all the options women have for dating, mainly betas. I'll reiterate the most important point a few posters have already made:

Walking away shows self-respect, abundance, and high value. These are qualities women desire. Plus, these are qualities you want to have as a man and if you practice them, they become a part of both your conscious and subconscious actions which make you more attractive as an overall person.

Yes, walking away SUCKS sometimes. I had to do it today as a matter of fact. Things were going great with a girl I was seeing casually. Good vibes, fun, conversation, amazing sex. No talk from either about who we're seeing, exclusivity, anything. Saw her for lunch yesterday for about an hour. Went great and had some laughs. Planned a date for Sunday. Got a text this morning saying thank you for lunch, hope my meetings went well yesterday, She needs to cancel for Sunday, sorry. No explanation. My reply was NO REPLY. So basically, I'm not going to question why, what happened, etc., etc. as low value betas do. I'm done and moving on without saying a word. Yes, IT SUCKS. I kind of liked her. And seeing someone, if even only somewhat regularly, for two months is quite rare these days. BUT, plenty of fish in the sea. I'll reevaluate if/when she reaches out again. THAT is walking away.

Ciao,
~Dash

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was one of those beta guys that tolerated disrespect, got oneitis, acted like a total pu$$y. I'm a decent looking guy, well built, dress well, educated, and this little ***** had me by the balls, just because I thought I couldn't get anyone better than her. Lesson learned and I finally walked away, but it was very painful to do so. Now, day by day, I feel myself free from her grasp, and feel like I'm getting my mojo back finally.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was one of those beta guys that tolerated disrespect, got oneitis, acted like a total pu$$y. I'm a decent looking guy, well built, dress well, educated, and this little ***** had me by the balls, just because I thought I couldn't get anyone better than her. Lesson learned and I finally walked away, but it was very painful to do so. Now, day by day, I feel myself free from her grasp, and feel like I'm getting my mojo back finally.
How long has it been? Anyone is better than someone who doesn't value you .

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you. acted that way with a couple gf's back in my 20's - that was WAAAAAY before SS or even the internet existed, haha. So rather than learning from experienced guys, I took my lumps. But as I reached my 30's I started to figure it out. Then a bad breakup around 2003 and I found guys like Doc Love, David DeAngelo, and So Suave. Saved my freakiing dating life. Things are 100% better now. Yes, I still mess up. Who doesn't? Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady mess up. BUT, just not very often now.

Great song by a great, often-overlooked, band:

Reaction score
It allows you to hang on to the delusion that you're in some way in control of the situation.

It's just another example of the nonsense that goes on during what people would call "normal socialization" in modern feminist society.

Another example would be how a girl (or girls in general) can act like complete cvnts 24/7 and instead of pointing the finger at them, people will tell you to point the finger at yourself and go hit the gym.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long has it been? Anyone is better than someone who doesn't value you .
It's been a few months. This little wh0re triggered my captain save a ho senses in me, something which should have been an obvious red flag and I should have left then and there.

There's something weird, at least with me but maybe universally with guys, about wanting to solve a woman's problems...it made me feel valuable to her and like I was doing what I was "supposed" to do.

Generally, growing up, I was shy and my mother raised me to be subservient to her and other women. Thus had low self-esteem, was unsure of myself, felt I had to supplicate...

The good thing is I didn't have a kid or do anything serious with this ho. So what didn't kill me made me stronger ;).

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It's been a few months. This little wh0re triggered my captain save a ho senses in me, something which should have been an obvious red flag and I should have left then and there.

There's something weird, at least with me but maybe universally with guys, about wanting to solve a woman's problems...it made me feel valuable to her and like I was doing what I was "supposed" to do.

Generally, growing up, I was shy and my mother raised me to be subservient to her and other women. Thus had low self-esteem, was unsure of myself, felt I had to supplicate...

The good thing is I didn't have a kid or do anything serious with this ho. So what didn't kill me made me stronger ;).
You did good.

Problem with mother's is that although they love their sons to death they could not help themselves but "train" their sons of how to treat women - upon reflecting how the mother wants to be treated, using that logic as their basis.