Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Blocking an ex and her friends...childish or not?

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think almost every guy here has struggled with going no contact at one point. I'm currently starting a no contact myself, with the simple goal of forgetting about a girl who disrespected me and treated me like garbage, while I did everything the opposite.

So, yesterday I blocked her and some of her friends on social media, because I have no desire to see any of her posts, or to accidentally see her in some posts of her friends that I added.

I was thinking though, is my willpower and mental state so fragile that I couldn't handle a simple picture? Is this childish behavior on my part?

My first impression was yes, and that I should just be indifferent, but somehow my feelings couldn't allow it, because I did invest quite heavily into this girl until I found out she was an attention wh0re spinning plates herself, while pretending to be a "good girl".

Regardless of this, as a general principle: is blocking someone petty and stupid, or have you guys done it yourselves?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Block the ex...don't block the friends, bang them

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have struggled with this very question myself..

I changed my mobile number immediately after it ended with her.. She disrespected me, so I dumped her, and blocked her on everything.

I did this simply because..

01. I felt there was no going back, she had caused too much damage to try work things out

02. I did not want to fall for the breadcrumbs, as the last time she ended it with me, she called me, and I got back together with her, I got weak, missed her, and tried to sort things out

03. I did not want to be checking my phone all of the time, to see if she calls, or message me.

04. I did not want to be exposed to something that may hurt me, or slow down the healing process

If blocking her was the only way you could heal? then you did the right thing pal.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking though, is my willpower and mental state so fragile that I couldn't handle a simple picture?
Yes

Is this childish behavior on my part?
Yes

My first impression was yes, and that I should just be indifferent, but somehow my feelings couldn't allow it, because I did invest quite heavily into this girl until I found out she was an attention wh0re spinning plates herself, while pretending to be a "good girl".

Regardless of this, as a general principle: is blocking someone petty and stupid
Yes.

What if she, or her friends, wanted to contact you and have wild crazy sex with you?

What if she, or her friends, wanted to take you on a trip to a distant land and have crazy sex with you?

What if you were a CEO and needed them to fill a role in your company and then they would have wild crazy sex with you?

What if they had tickets to a Game 7 of a Final Series and wanted you to go with them and then have wild crazy sex with you?

When you guys have sex with the girl, you get emotional and fall in love. Then you get so wrapped in thinking these girls CARE about you and make things personal. They DONT CARE. So to counteract them not caring, don't get emotionally involved, take what you want from them and move on.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@soulforge Thanks man, those are pretty much my reasons too...but I feel kind of weak doing so. Granted, after all this I feel it is over forever, but what if she came back and begged/pleaded, changed her behavior completely? Then I'm not so sure, which makes it hard to decide.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes

Yes

Yes.

What if she, or her friends, wanted to contact you and have wild crazy sex with you?

What if she, or her friends, wanted to take you on a trip to a distant land and have crazy sex with you?

What if you were a CEO and needed them to fill a role in your company and then they would have wild crazy sex with you?

What if they had tickets to a Game 7 of a Final Series and wanted you to go with them and then have wild crazy sex with you?

When you guys have sex with the girl, you get emotional and fall in love. Then you get so wrapped in thinking these girls CARE about you and make things personal. They DONT CARE. So to counteract them not caring, don't get emotionally involved, take what you want from them and move on.
Why would any self respecting man want to keep the option open to have sex with a woman, who treated him like chit?

What's more important?

blocking her, getting your life back together, healing & repairing the damage caused by a toxic woman, learning from your own mistakes

Or keeping her around, just in case she offers you a quick bang a few months down the line?

If blocking her is the only way you can, heal, learn and move on.. Without falling for the breadcrumbs or being pulled back into a toxic cycle.. Then blocking is what you must do

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@soulforge Thanks man, those are pretty much my reasons too...but I feel kind of weak doing so. Granted, after all this I feel it is over forever, but what if she came back and begged/pleaded, changed her behavior completely? Then I'm not so sure, which makes it hard to decide.

I understand how you feel man.. I changed my mobile number, but I still have my old sim card..

For all I know, she could have sent me hundreds of messages, begging for another chance..

6 months have passed by but I have not looked... What is stopping me from looking is, I just don't believe I could trust her ever again..

the negatives of getting back with her, far outweigh the positives!

Its a very hard thing to do mate.. How long ago did you block her? If it was quite recently, then the option is still there to UNBLOCK

but be prepared to feel even worse, if she contacts you again

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are going to block every woman who ever gives you shyte, you can block every woman you ever knew.
They all get on their periods, they all have an ex that comes in and out of the picture, they all sh!ttest weak behaviour.
So she is spinning plates?
I got news, every chick you ever date spins plates. So should you.
Every chick you talk to has a Tinder account.
You just withdraw attention to women who give you shyte and reward attention to women who deserve it.
Being a man also means not being enslaved to reactionary emotions of women.
So unless she is stalking harassing or annoying you why block good potentional future lays.
In the meanwhile, spin plates, other girls are the cure for onitis and scarcity mentality.
If you're banging other chicks you don't have time to stalk some girls facebook.

Reactions: RBK

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes

Yes

Yes.

The above is really bad advice.

Do what you have to do to move on. If it means blocking her and all her friends, so what? Do it. It's your f*ucking life. Who gives s*hit what people think? Life is short. Don't listen to all the BS about "banging her friends, wild crazy sex etc." The odds are very slim and that would open up a whole drama-packed can of worms. Is that what you want. Plus, you're 41, not some naive adolescent 21 year old. Why not have "wild crazy sex" with someone outside her circle? PROBLEM SOVLED. Plenty of fish in the sea.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand how you feel man.. I changed my mobile number, but I still have my old sim card..

For all I know, she could have sent me hundreds of messages, begging for another chance..

6 months have passed by but I have not looked... What is stopping me from looking is, I just don't believe I could trust her ever again..

the negatives of getting back with her, far outweigh the positives!

Its a very hard thing to do mate.. How long ago did you block her? If it was quite recently, then the option is still there to UNBLOCK

but be prepared to feel even worse, if she contacts you again
It's only been a couple days since I did it, but I feel like even if she did contact me, I feel like too much damage has been done now to repair anything. Unless she really apologized a lot, which I doubt she would do.

But I treated her really well...so maybe if she missed me after some time she would do it, I'm not sure.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Why would any self respecting man want to keep the option open to have sex with a woman, who treated him like chit?

What's more important?

blocking her, getting your life back together, healing & repairing the damage caused by a toxic woman, learning from your own mistakes

Or keeping her around, just in case she offers you a quick bang a few months down the line?

If blocking her is the only way you can, heal, learn and move on.. Without falling for the breadcrumbs or being pulled back into a toxic cycle.. Then blocking is what you must do
You can get your life back together without blocking her.

By blocking her, you are telling her: "I fell SO MADLY DEEPLY AND PHYSICALLY IN LOVE YOU that I can't handle you having fun without me and sleeping with other guys. You outsmarted me while we were going out and I am so devastated that I am going to erase you from my life." She is laughing if you block her. That's what she wants. To emotionally get to you as hard and deep as possible.

If you don't block her, you are saying "I know you are like all other girls and I thought about us breaking for a little bit, but I'm past it and moved on. I am changing the world and I have enough willpower to see you sleeping with another guy and not care."

I'm not saying its easy. Heck I've had 10 dreams about my ex and really want to call her. But I haven't blocked her. There is DIFFERENCE between BLOCKING her, and NOT CONTACTING her.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Do what you have to do to move on. If it means blocking her and all her friends, so what? Do it. It's your f*ucking life. Who gives s*hit what people think? Life is short. Don't listen to all the BS about "banging her friends, wild crazy sex etc." The odds are very slim and that would open up a whole drama-packed can of worms.
OK fair point.

My point was if a girl you had sex with and fell in love with manipulated your emotions so much that you have to BLOCK her, real life is going to chew you up and spit you out.

But do what you want.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have struggled with this very question myself..

I changed my mobile number immediately after it ended with her.. She disrespected me, so I dumped her, and blocked her on everything.

I did this simply because..

01. I felt there was no going back, she had caused too much damage to try work things out

02. I did not want to fall for the breadcrumbs, as the last time she ended it with me, she called me, and I got back together with her, I got weak, missed her, and tried to sort things out

03. I did not want to be checking my phone all of the time, to see if she calls, or message me.

04. I did not want to be exposed to something that may hurt me, or slow down the healing process

If blocking her was the only way you could heal? then you did the right thing pal.
This is the way to go. Think about yourself and your feelings. No one else will.

Billtx49

Reaction score
You ask this question from wondering if it will look childish to her and her friends. Wrong mindset.
If you block her or not and she knows it, she will hamster that fact to fit her current emotional needs whatever they may be. Whatever you do is important to only your needs.
Bottom line, I agree with the above posters that say you have to do what's best for you personally.

Last edited:

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know. I usually make the decision based on whether or not I can eventually return to a friendly state with them. Can there be stability again? Or was this just a misunderstanding? Maybe some actions I can forgive. Some I can't.

I'll use my current oneitus as an example. It seems fated to self-destruct, as once **** went downhill, it never seemed to truly stabilize. Silent treatment three times. The last time, I figured it was over a misunderstanding. Tried to explain and fix it... pretty much got blown off. So **** it. I'm not going to wait for her to drain 50 other guys balls, and then come back to shoot me a message, as if she's doing me a favor.

Better I say this **** is over, than her.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ApolloSunGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to man up, f**k what she thinks take care of your well being, stop living your life thru social media, block her that's a joke lmao..
I disconnected from FB & been on NC from an ex for 5 months strong now and her ugly ass friends.. I thought about blocking her & said F**k it, bitc* is getting Ghosted and Deactivated & I feel good about it, I really don't care what she thinks, I did it for myself not her..
I lone wolf it now, I enjoy my time without anyone knowing what am doing or what their doing no drama no explaining, I purge myself from these fake ass people living a lie putting on an act just for the attention or likes on fagbook..
Iam more of social person now & don't really care about social media at all, have more time for my female friends & wingman & a few plates last thing I would do is cry or beg for some p***y..
Don't beat yourself up you already know the answer move on, live your life, it is what it is these hoes aren't loyal..