Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

World Cup 2014

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
No Im thinking of the Golden Ball. Messi was not the best player in the tournament. He disappeared for 3 games. I think Muller should have gotten that award. He had the running stats, goals, assists, and the championship to back it up. I dunno how Messi wins this award. Especially with the criticism I saw him getting for not defending and having lower running distances in the previous game or two.
Jaylan, had a question for you. How do you make "lean" ?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Messi fans all over the web, as well as Maradona agree Messi didnt deserve it. And Maradona is as big as Messi fans get. Nevermind all the pundits and analysts talking about the World Cup who felt others deserved it more and played better than Messi.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/wo...-messi-didnt-deserve-golden-ball?ICID=HP_BN_6

I agree with Maradona. Its marketing. Messi's biggest sponsor is Adidas, and they also sponsor FIFA with the balls, awards, and shoes players wear. Not surprising tbh. I also think Argentina's most valuable player was Mascherano. Without his defense, Argentina's defense gets smashed in a couple games. He made a lot of good interceptions and tackles in or around the box. Plus his jockeying was superb.

Some people even think awarding Messi the golden ball, is FIFA trying to start a case for giving Messi the next Ballon D'or. But tbh, I see Ronaldo getting it again. Copa Del Rey, Pichichi, Golden Boot, UCL title, UCL goal record...and basically leading his team to La Decima throughout the season all outweigh Messi's trophyless season and Golden Ball. Messi had a good group stage, but a forgettable knockout phase of the World Cup. I really do think leading Madrid to their 10th Champions league title, while also breaking the goal record, has won CR7 the upcoming Ballon Dor...so hopefully people are wrong about FIFA trying to set Messi up for the award.

Oh wells. Thats all I have to really add to this thread. Ima continue my soccer talk on proper soccer forums for now. Maybe we can get another thread going when the season gets started again.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Maybe we can get another thread going when the season gets started again.
Please do! Can't get enough of watching *you know who* make a fool out of himself :D

Anyway, well deserved World Cup for Germany, I'm happy for them.

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandzukic deserved the golden ball. Fifa is corrupt