World Cup 2014

Peacefulconvo

Don Juan
Reaction score
TFW Brazilian :(

I wouldn't mind seeing Argentina beat Germany after what they did to Brazil.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol @ you bringing in other topics to this thread. Thanks for making my point.

The point of my last post is that you need to knock off the bickering here so we can have positive dialog on the tournament. All youre concerned with is some arrogant sense of being "right" whenever you talk to someone in this thread.

Grow up. Lmao @ the "women-like" remark though. Pretty sad how some of you on this forum use that little remark whenever somebody disagrees with you. Its actually quite pathetic that you have to make a character attack just because someone asked you to lay off arguing with everyone in the thread. Don't speak as if you're so popular on this forum yourself.

And btw, what I say to hypocritical trolls in unrelated threads has no bearing on what's being discussed here.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh boy, you seem to have a hard problem understanding my point dont you?

Werent you, in an earlier reply, saying we should all get back to enjoying the tournament and stop bickering? Or was that someone else? The thread was on that track, and yet again, you cannot resist getting in arguments with people. Learn to lay off, drop your ego, and discuss football without the arrogant need to be "right".

Whats worse is that you needed to run to another thread in order to create some new argument here. What I said in the other thread has NOTHING to do with this one. And the points I made in that other thread are valid regarding the poster I was addressing.

Like I said earlier, you have not been right about all your predictions or opinions on the sport. Everyone in here will not be right about everything. Yet you are too arrogant to accept that. When you become a professional pundit of football, then maybe you can sit and argue all day and think youre opinion is so great. Till then, drop the ego, and let everyone enjoy a positive soccer discussion.

The common denominator is all of the long winded disagreements in this thread is you. Realize that you need to get a hold of your ego a little bit.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No need for in-depth analysis. Germany will win because they play team football and Argentina does not.

All the matches speak for themselves. Argentina barely wins all of their games. Germany has controlled and convincingly won more of their games than not. They dont need late game theatrics to win.

Last edited:

DJFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Disappointed with todays game to be honest. Given how creative and attacking both Dutch and Arg can be, this was a total snooze fest. Both seemed to play not to lose rather than to win. Only penalties at the end provided some entertainment and drama.
In the final cant really see Argentina beating Germany on this form. And I hope Brasil atleast can show some pride and beat the Dutch for 3rd place. Their nation needs some positivity after the walloping they took.

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Argentina didnt breeze past switzerland, they almost went to penlties, same with holland and wasnt gemany going to demolish algeria? I can count on this thread to make me laught a bit

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I stated those teams were all going to win, and they did.

But yeah go on and tell us more about how exciting the Spanish national team was :crackup:
And here you go again. Why a need to say how "right" you are? That's exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned your ego.

And theres no need for you to rehash things with watawata and rile stuff up again with the Spain comment.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I didn't view watawata's comment that way at all. Youre the one who seems stuck on getting into it with others here. And I mentioned ego because yours is obvious in most of your posts.

And nah, I have no response to your earlier post. Ill save posts for others in the thread. I already have my opinion on the final and said it doesn't require in-depth analysis.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
hahaha that's pretty funny coming from a guy like you, especially considering this comment of yours to another poster in a currently ongoing thread:
LOL @ Gaylan claiming to have matured and gained experience!

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
LOL @ Gaylan claiming to have matured and gained experience!
You came to the World Cup thread just to dik ride and troll? How pathetic lol. What a tool haha.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
You came to the World Cup thread just to dik ride and troll? How pathetic lol. What a tool haha.
gaylan, you don't know dog sh!t about soccer. You couldn't even find your own a$$hole with a flashlight, and a mirror during the day time. What makes you think you could understand the basics of soccer.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
LOL @ Gaylan neg repping me. Why do you even bother, your neg rep power is smaller than your d!ck! Now go cry to your mommy, Mr. "Mature and Experienced" DJ. lol

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they won but they didnt destroy the opposite teams.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking at these stats, and considering that Messi disappeared in the knockout stages of the World Cup, why in the world was he awarded the Golden Ball?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsdKAGZCcAA__FI.jpg

Muller or James should have won. They definitely played better and carried their teams more. And hell, Muller's team actually won the World Cup. Seems like the committee in FIFA wanted to give Messi a consolation prize.

And people say theres no Messi favoritism in FIFA? This is more obvious now than it was when he didnt really deserve that Ballon D'or a few years back over Sneijder, Xavi, and Iniesta. In 2010, Sneijder had a fantastic season (treble winner) and got to the final of the world cup but Messi was given still Ballon d'or. But we already discussed that. I dunno how one disappears the last 3 games of the tournament and receives the golden ball.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
your thinking of the golden boot. and james did get it
No Im thinking of the Golden Ball. Messi was not the best player in the tournament. He disappeared for 3 games. I think Muller should have gotten that award. He had the running stats, goals, assists, and the championship to back it up. I dunno how Messi wins this award. Especially with the criticism I saw him getting for not defending and having lower running distances in the previous game or two.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
the golden ball is not based on the best player in the tournament. its a vote from coaches and captains of clubs and teams based on performance of the PRIOR year. the decision was made long before the final
What are you talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards#Golden_Ball

The Golden Ball award is presented to the best player at each FIFA World Cup finals, with a shortlist drawn up by the FIFA technical committee and the winner voted for by representatives of the media. Those who finish as runners-up in the vote receive the Silver Ball and Bronze Ball awards as the second and third most outstanding players in the tournament respectively.

DJFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats to Germany! They were the most consistent and best team of the tournament. Worthy champions.
Overall it was a really exciting and fun world cup to watch. Kinda sad its over now and it will be another 4 long years until next one in Russia of all places!

P.S: James should have been given the golden ball but predictably they went with the popular choice of Messi.

P.P.S : Obrigado Brasil.

DJFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
First let me clear out why James didn't deserve to win top player of the tournament: Colombia was in an easy group, consisting of Japan, Greece, and Ivory Coast. It was probably the single easiest group in world cup history. They then beat an equally crappy Uruguay, which not only sucked by also was lacking their top player, Luis Suarez, due to suspension over that biting incident. The first team of modest strength that the Colombians played - Brazil - and they choked.

Ummm yeah because having Nigeria, Bosnia and Iran in your group must be so impossibly tough :rolleyes: Granted Messi was the reason they won those games but lets not pretend like those teams are world beaters. When you need a moment of magic to barely beat Iran thats not exactly impressive. Messi also didnt do much in knock out stages and when he had a golden chance to put Arg ahead in the final, he missed.
Overall Messi still had a good tournament but James was more deserving.