Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

World Cup 2014

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stepping on his foot is a foul, Midnight. Which means a penalty, THE END. Robben making a fake dive after that, doesn't change the fact that a foul was made by the defender! A foul is a foul is a foul! It wasn't a BIG foul and if this happened during the first 10 minutes of the match, it could be overlooked. But especially after being robbed of a CLEAR penalty in the first half, it was totally justified to give Robben the penalty here...

But I sure understand your reaction. If it was my team on the losing side, I would respond the same way. It's terrible to get knocked out of the tournament by a controversial penalty...

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
i dont need to argue my point further
Is this a penalty from the first half then?

http://t.co/3njyBf09lx

Looks to me like Robben got fouled twice on the same play. One player misses the ball and kicks Robben's heel...while another player slides through and trips him.

And about the second half penalty. Die Hard is right. A stamp on the foot is a penalty. I bet no one would be arguing this if Robben went down without selling the foul so much.

EDIT:
Moreno kicked Robben so hard in the first half, he broke his tibia.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrVAQcWIUAArtky.jpg
And this trip on Robben was after he was fouled from behind causing Robben to lose the ball. Fouled twice on one play.

Has anyone mentioned this? And yet I see people in social media whining about Robben's "dive". If referees rightly called penalties in the first place, players wouldnt feel the need to over-sell contact. I still feel Robben was fouled on the last penalty situation.

Robben did admit to one dive....but it wasnt the clear penalty that was missed in the first half or the given one in the second.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Outstanding tournament so far. Even the dire Swiss-Argie game had a grandstand finish! The game last night between Germany and Algeria was so enthralling. Probably my favourite game of the competition - the algerian's played their part in such an entertaining spectacle (even though it was 0-0 have 90 mins!) and will rue the chances they missed particurlary in the first half. Its fantastic to see the 'lesser' teams really going for it. Gone are the days of easy games in World Football.

Still very difficult to call a winner. Brazil, Argentina and Holland are relying on their star men(Neymar, Messi and Robben) and look very average without them. Germany look shaky at the back and the ever improving French may cause them problems. Colombia are the team of the tournament so far with their wonderful incisive interplay. but don't count out Costa Rica. Proof that the game is not played on paper. They have the tools to knock out the dutch.

The most open World Cup in decades!

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
thanks bradd. i have realized from this thread that jaylan simply will not admit he is wrong. directly or indirectly.

its too little too late but anyway:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...-1-victory-Mexico-World-Cup-second-round.html
Did you read the quote properly? Robben said he dove once earlier in the game, but that the final call was indeed a penalty. And look at the video I provided on the moreno injury. Robben was clearly fouled twice on that play. So learn to read and use your eyes. I have nothing to admit.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
France vs. Germany is quite interesting, Germany is 1-0 ahead in half time now...

They do need to press on in the second half, if they leave France to much of the initiative, things could easily turn around!

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those Colombian fücks played real nasty. The ref was completely siding with them, too, it was beyond obvious. Hopefully Neymar will be fine in due time.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Those Colombian fücks played real nasty. The ref was completely siding with them, too, it was beyond obvious. Hopefully Neymar will be fine in due time.
The Brazilians were playing dirty too. Look up Catimba. Its basically about turning football into a war. South American teams play each other very rough and then add in time wasting and faking injury.

Anyways, just look at how the Brazilians went after James Rodriguez for example. It came back to bite them when Neymar got hurt. I dont think that was an intentional injuring of Neymar though, because you see challenges like that a lot in soccer...but it may be possible it was on purpose. Though people should pay attention to the whole game and see all the rough fouls and challenges by the Brazilians as well. A lot of focus is being paid to this Neymar challenge because of the end result. I dont think anyone would be focusing on it had it not been injured, because it doesnt look like an especially hard foul.

I see that sort of play a lot in soccer. One player goes up for a ball in the air, and the other stays on the ground. You usually either see the guy standing get knocked over...or sometimes he ducks and the guy in the air goes flying and slams into the ground.

Brazil now being without their best striker and best defender, will have a hell of a hard time beating Germany. I say Germany wins by one goal.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well deserved win for the Dutch! Wow, that was a brilliant keeper substitution just before the penalty series!

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Yeah just read about this. The Colombians didn't even deserve to get this far, they had the easiest group ever: ivory coast, japan, and greece. And to meet brazil, all they had to do was beat a suarez-less uruguay. like wtf is that. And then when they faced their first serious competition, they fell faster than a drunk on a mountain bike. Definitely not deserving of a world cup.

Holland's gonna massacre costa rica. It was good to see Germany beat France (again). Still lots of entertaining soccer left to be played.
So funny. This and that guy who said the final was going to be brazil or argentina vs netherlands. You guys are obviously watching the games high on something. Maybe some quaaludes?

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think Brazil can take Germany wihtout Neymar and I don't think Argentina can take Netherlands even though they have Messi. So I suspect the final's gonna be Germany vs. Netherlands... Then it's anyone's guess who wins the final.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watawata said:
So funny. This and that guy who said the final was going to be brazil or argentina vs netherlands. You guys are obviously watching the games high on something. Maybe some quaaludes?
Makes ya wonder where was that predicted massacre of the Costa Ricans? =P They actually could have gone through if they didnt choke on penalties.

This World Cup should show people that many teams in the Americas are not be to underestimated. I wish Asia would have a good cup though next time.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Youre predictions? Dude, you have not been right about every match. And the matches you have been right about, youve been wrong about the scoreline. Teams have won who you said would lose in this thread...and teams that you said would get smashed, have barely lost. So I cant see anyone placing bets on your claims.

Get over yourself. You arent some footballing guru, even if you try to convince yourself you know so much more than people in this thread.

PS - You should join bigsoccer.com if you havent already. Easily the biggest english language soccer forum on the web. I would love to see what guys over there think about many of the opinion youve shared in this thread.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
As for the remaining 4 powerhouses left, each of them deserve a world cup. Well, Holland doesn't really deserve it due to Robben's admitted diving
lol, so the fact that Robben admitted that he dived ON A NON CRITICAL MOMENT, makes his team not deserve the world cup? Yeah, makes perfect sense... :rolleyes:

MidnightCity said:
i still maintain that holland does not deserve their current spot. they had to fool the ref to make it this far so i hope they lose.
That's flawed logic! Unless you don't respect the rules of the game, which say that stepping on a player's foot when he's trying to make his way through the penalty area with the ball IS A FOUL.
Furthermore, they should already have been given a penalty when Robben got cut down in the penalty area in the first half. So they clearly deserve their current spot.
But hey, we get it. You're Mexican, your team lost, so you hate Holland now...

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Yeah you're right, a team should win the world cup even though their players admit to cheating :rolleyes:
Yeah you're right, a player admitting that he once took a dive means that no one else in the other teams eeeeeeever took a dive :rolleyes:

By the way, you stated Holland was gonna MASSACRE Costa Rica. In reality, they won on penalties, which is clearly something else than massacring a team... So obviously not all your predictions came true!

But hey, no surprise there, on both accounts:

1. You being wrong.
2. You not being able to admit it

Last edited:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember how many people said the USA would get destroyed in the World Cup? Match after match, many people predicted the USA getting owned....and look at Brazil.

Didnt I say they had a weak defense? A potent offense like Germany proved it. Brazil is weak sauce defense with Thiago Silva imo...and are outright terrible without his direction in the back line.

DJFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely unbelievable game. Germany 7 Brasil 1! Where would one usually see such a score !? maybe in video games!
This has got to be the biggest shock in world cup history! Still hard to explain how Brasil were so badly outplayed and embarrassed at home. I guess Neymar really is that good and yeah missing your captain and leader of defense doesnt help either. But still...total humiliation. Brasil will be in state of depression for months after this.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJFear said:
Absolutely unbelievable game. Germany 7 Brasil 1! Where would one usually see such a score !? maybe in video games!
This has got to be the biggest shock in world cup history! Still hard to explain how Brasil were so badly outplayed and embarrassed at home. I guess Neymar really is that good and yeah missing your captain and leader of defense doesnt help either. But still...total humiliation. Brasil will be in state of depression for months after this.
Silva was missed much more than Neymar. Silva gives direction to the entire defense (midfield included). He's one of the best defenders in the game, but even with him today Brazil would have lost. Silva cant do everything. There were some horrendous lapses in the field out there.

Brazil showed no pride or heart. As soon as they were down by 2, they gave up. Other teams in the tournament didnt fold so easily after going down by a goal or two. Heck, USA almost tied their game after going down by 2 in extra time.

This game was the worst loss Ive seen by a top 15 national team. Just wow.

DJFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Silva was missed much more than Neymar. Silva gives direction to the entire defense (midfield included). He's one of the best defenders in the game, but even with him today Brazil would have lost. Silva cant do everything. There were some horrendous lapses in the field out there.

Brazil showed no pride or heart. As soon as they were down by 2, they gave up. Other teams in the tournament didnt fold so easily after going down by a goal or two. Heck, USA almost tied their game after going down by 2 in extra time.

This game was the worst loss Ive seen by a top 15 national team. Just wow.
Yeah I agree Silva was a huge loss for them. There is no way they would have been embarrassed like this if Neymar and Silva were playing. But I am not sure if anyone would've been able to stop this German machine this evening. This was their 4th semi-final in a row! They have learned how to win!

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad called me at 630 in the morning local time to tell me about the score, haha fans of the German team are on Cloud 9 now, anyways good job Germany I hope somehow that the Argentina/Holland winner can match up with them and deliver an entertaining final.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Still arguing with people? Lay the hell off it dude. Seriously...page after page.

Anyways, I cant see Argentina beating Germany. They barely win all of their games, and their defense is suspect. Same thing I said about Brazil. Germany will pick them apart in my opinion.

Lets see how it goes.