Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the best fighting style? Lets settle this once and for all

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LIT, you are definitely right. Fighting on the ground in a public place is not smart. I've experienced this to. However, the same skill set is still required. You need to learn how to fight on the ground above all else, because the ground is where you will usually end up, AND, because of that, you need to know how to GET up very quickly, and technically correct. That is why I still say ground fighting is the most important skill.

But you are 100% correct. In an unfair street fight, the ground is not where you want to be. Chances are you will end up grappling with one person though. So Stand up grappling, and takedown skills are a must. A takedown is a quick way to take one person out of the fight, and leaves you open to concentrate on the other.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by nishbuk
Okay guys...Enough of this. You want a real answer? Then why don't you ask someone who actually has EXPERIENCE with the subject. Note: were talking about BARE HANDS fighitng. I will get into weapons fighting later.

First thing first. You can throw out all the garbage martial arts McDojo Bull****. This includes but is not limited to:

Kung Fu, Tae-Kwon Do, American Karate (Some forms of Japaenes, is actually semi-not sucky, including Kyokushin), Kun Tao Silat, Hapkido, Hapkiyoosol, and any "undefeatable!!@@1!!! systems11@@11", designed by some retard who has 19 martial arts titles, and has taught the US MARINE CORP!!"

All of the above are bull****. 100% utter, complete bull****. So please, don't start arguing to me that people who practice this crap can fight. It's ridiculous.

First of all, it's the Marine CORPS, not Corp. We're not a company.

Secondly, Marine hand to hand combat techniques and fighting skills are not taught by some 19 yeard old. Our techniques are passed down from generation to generation of new Marines. Our fighting skills have been proven though-out history in battle.

You talk about this Brazillian fighting being so tough? Storm a beach and have your rifle jam. Then have some crazy ****ing enemy bent on killing you attack you. You're fighting for your fvcking life....it doesn't get much more real than that....so save your BS about how tough these Brazillian fights are for someone who doesn't know better.

Basically all your post did was reiterate what I said, using a lot more words. I stated that to be effective in any type of fight you must master striking skills, and ground skills. American boxing like you said is the best art to learn to strike. Wrestling is excellent for ground fighting, plus it has many submission moves of it's own. I'd put an excellent boxer/wrestler against a Gracie JJ guy any day.

A lot of people come on here and spout about shyt like they know what they're talking about. I've fough hand to hand in combat, I've fought in the ring, and in the street. I've had great success in all of these arenas. I'm not saying I know everything about fighting, but I'll put my credentials up against anyone else on here.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE...It wasn't an attack on the marine corps!!!

It was an attack on the RETARDS that falsely claim that they've TAUGHT the marine corps and that the US Army uses their "l337" fighting skills. So please, don't get defensive on me, I have the utmost repsect for wepons training on the marines.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by nishbuk
DUDE...It wasn't an attack on the marine corps!!!

It was an attack on the RETARDS that falsely claim that they've TAUGHT the marine corps and that the US Army uses their "l337" fighting skills. So please, don't get defensive on me, I have the utmost repsect for wepons training on the marines.
\

Roger that..it was my mistake. I misinterpreted what you said.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Senzoi
I find it less important to worry about the person behind the art and more productive to discover if their methods work or not.

Just sayin'.

~ Senzoi.
Then, Make of this and this what you will.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Berlex
what's american wrestling? WWF?
That's not wrestling, and more than just Americans watch WWF. or WWE as it's called now.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I have been thinking about purchasing an automatic rifle. I'll definitely get the license and all, go practice at a shooting range, etc...

If it ever came down to a street fight, I'd just pull out my gun, point in their face and tell them to fcuk off. How easy is that?

Of course, I'm hoping I'll never have to do that, but wasn't it Chris Rock that said, if you're packing heat you don't have to work out? :D

eh...I'll still work out, but if you got a gun, you can't lose, unless you're a real klutz.

So...best fighting style: "shoot-em up style"

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
h2o the problem with guns is you HAVE TO shoot people

1. they think it's fake walk forward you shoot you get 10 years jail

2. they are on drugs or drunk and think they are invincible again you shoot you get 10 years in jail

3. they think you havn't got the balls to shoot they step forward you shoot and you get 10 years in jail

4. they think you haven't got the balls they step forward you freeze up they wrestle you to the ground and take the gun off you then shoot you YOU ARE DEAD

5. because you pulled a gun and up'd the anti one of the 9 gang members you are facing decides to pull out his gun and bullets start to fly

jail is no fun for anybody

you going to place your life in someones hand by pulling a gun on them and PRAYING you got enough menace that they are gunna back down

in my experience i would rather pull a baseball bat on someone than a gun

always some idiot junkie drug addict piece of $hit who is tired of living or wants to make a name for themselves

thinking they are 2pac or 50cent and will survive to rap about it

put a baseball bat in my hands and i guarantee no heroes

they can see it in my eyes

I AM WAITING TO HIT SOMEONE

i went to jail when i was 21 years old and when i was 17

fighting in jail is a whole nother level

AVOID FIGHTING ALL TOGETHER

( unless you in jail f*ck em up fast cause you got nowhere to run and you need to make an example to be left alone )

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Deus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick addendum to what Lost in translation just said.

Use an aluminium bat, It's easier to wipe clean from blood.

then spray it with chemicals (anything, like soap or whatever) cuz then the cops can't DNA any leftover blood particles.

and secondly, hope they ain't got powerfull friends, cus if you mess someone up with a bat, there WILL most likely be a reckoning.

I've ran from enugh people with guns in my life.

//Deus

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i will explain the whole bat situation

I HAVE NEVER HIT SOMEONE WITH A BAT

the bat replaces the gun

they KNOW you will use it

so they don't mess with you

so you don't have to hit them

and you win

i outlined the problems with using a gun in my post above

a bat gets more respect from drug addict fools trying to end your life than a gun for the same reasons as i outlined in the above thread

i think the reason why people respect hard physical objects more is because their brain can relate

for example :

how many people been shot ? and know what it feels like ?

not many

AND WE WATCH TOO MANY MOVIES WHERE ITS A FLESH WOUND AND THEY STILL TAKE THE GUY OUT LOL

so their brain has no real concept as to what the CONSEQUENCES are

they are much more likely to try and be a hero

has everyone been hit with a stick or object in their life ?

yes we all know that pain and we know the bat is real and it only causes one sort of damage

in movies peoples legs get broken by bats

so their PEA BRAINS understand the pain the bat can cause and can relate

they FEAR

also alot of it has to do with how you come across

you go into " scary mode " and be prepared to hit someone with a bat and let them see it in your eyes

they will behave themselves :)

if not then they get a nice whack over the head or legs :)

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blood on bat = no

if you doing it right you shouldn't have to hit anyone

a good bank robber is the one who can go into a bank take the money and nobody gets killed

how do they achieve this ?

they get the point across in various ways that they are prepared to shoot

when a threat is believed it can carry the same force as the actual physical violence

^^^ remember that :)

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Project strength to avoid conflict.

Peace through superior firepower.

- Point Break

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great replies to this thread!

I agree that there really isn't one style of fighting that can be most affective. You have to have a combination of the skills mentioned by Nishbuk (great post by the way!)

I think what I really was getting at, which foundation should you try and be the strongest in? I know the best tihng would be to be great at all of them, but everyone has different thresholds to adapting skills and therefore will be more proficient in one vs another. If you look at the UFC where mixed martial arts take place

Randy Couture is arguably the great fighter ever. He had thrown punches before, but his major foundation is wrestling.

He has beaten Brazilian Jiu Jitsu master Vitor Belfort 2 out of 3 times (the only time he lost was because he was cut and the ref stopped it, he said he wanted to continue!)

Vitor is a jiu jitsu master as well as an excellent boxer (has beaten most opponents by knocking them out boxing style)

However Randy was able to use wrestling to take Vitor down and beat the $*##* out of him while he was on the ground.

So does this example prove that wrestling is truly the best foundation?

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Great replies to this thread!

I agree that there really isn't one style of fighting that can be most affective. You have to have a combination of the skills mentioned by Nishbuk (great post by the way!)

I think what I really was getting at, which foundation should you try and be the strongest in? I know the best tihng would be to be great at all of them, but everyone has different thresholds to adapting skills and therefore will be more proficient in one vs another. If you look at the UFC where mixed martial arts take place

Randy Couture is arguably the great fighter ever. He had thrown punches before, but his major foundation is wrestling.

He has beaten Brazilian Jiu Jitsu master Vitor Belfort 2 out of 3 times (the only time he lost was because he was cut and the ref stopped it, he said he wanted to continue!)

Vitor is a jiu jitsu master as well as an excellent boxer (has beaten most opponents by knocking them out boxing style)

However Randy was able to use wrestling to take Vitor down and beat the $*##* out of him while he was on the ground.

So does this example prove that wrestling is truly the best foundation?
No. What it does prove is that when you are talking about TOP fighters, it's the fighter himself that matters, and his own personal drive, determination and skill. Not the art that he's learning. All top fighters learn all skills. Yeah okay, Vitor might have a background in BJJ, but he trains wrestling and boxing, every single day, and has for the past 8 years at the BTT training compound in Rio. Randy has a wrestling background, sure, but he's also a submission wrestler, and has trained with the best BJJ, and striking guys.

More than anything, when you're talking about top fighters, it's more dependant on the individual than the art.

(BTW, randy isn't the best fighter of all time. That title goes to Wanderlei Silva, or Fedor Emalienenko. ;))

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one art is without its weakness, a true master learns many.

Originally posted by Jayer
Ok everyone here has a different opinion on what is the best fighting style. I would like to master one and I want to hear some real feedback on this. Has anyone had any experience with it in a street fight? I am going to list a few popular styles and write my thoughts on them. I want to hear others chime in here.

Wrestling:
Based on UFC and Ultimate fighting this seems to be the most affective style. You figure most fights end up on the ground so this style only makes sense as being perhaps the best.

Boxing:
This style isn't used in UFC since Boxers actually box. Although I did hear there is some ex undefeated boxer who will partake in UFC. We will see how this goes. This style seems good in that you can knock a person out and the fight is pretty much over. However someone that strictly knows boxing and ends up being taken down in a fight probably will have a lot of trouble. That is my criticsim with this as self defense.

Kick Boxing:
This seems to be another successful style. You can definitely knock people out like boxing. However like boxing, this also lacks ground skills.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu:
This style has submission techniques that can end a fight either on foot, or on the ground. However this lacks both punching and wrestling which are two vital street fighting skills.

My point...

What is the best style to learn for street fighting????
unfortunately it seems you have never gotten in a street fight, have only watched a staged ***** fight on some online crap,
most fights on the street, are gonna end up on the ground, wether you know a long reach martial art or not, and jiu jitsu is the best all around martial art but brazilian is not the only and not the best, also its not common to find a real master of it in north america.

personally because of my size, and because of how i am , I would do muai thai once i have time for such training, muay thai is kick boxing on gear (see steroids and other anabolics) its centered around kicking, but also kneeing and elbowing, so it can if forced be used in some close combat situations. I am tall and i have great strength, so my second art is jiu jitsu and i would learn with someone who accelerates in ground fighting because of skills not because of body.

the_afc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Question for nishbuk

What do you know about Kung Fu, my friend?

Do you know anything about Kung Fu except of what you watch in movies?

And about which Kung Fu style do you know better?

Also, does any Kung Fu style include ground fighting? NO?

Do some Kung Fu styles include both long and short distance fighting combined with grapping?

Did you ever study any Kung Fu style? NO?

What is the difference between Tiger Kung Fu and Leopard Kung FU?

Do Kung Fu sticks to rules? YES? You mean that you don’t learn that you can byte someone when needed? NO?

I agree with you saying that no one fighting style is the best. While learning martial arts, someone notices that each style has its limitations and advantages over other styles. He also realizes that a style is better for him than other, maybe because of his body and special abilities he has!

I don’t agree with your attitude!
Don’t be so hard about something you don’t know about. When I say “Know”, I don’t mean read about it in a book or at the internet. I mean study and learn, practice the secrets of it and be ready to say where is good and where is weak. Don’t just say: IS BULLSH!T !!!!

Especially when those martial arts survived through centuries of studying and testing!

Who are you to say to thousands of students of such martial arts that had been learning BULLSH!TS ?

Show some respect my friend!

-the_afc