Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the best fighting style? Lets settle this once and for all

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marksmanship is the best fighting style fellas.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tae Kwon Do is more of an art than an affecting fighting style. I'd say someone that can strike can work their way inside of your kicking and beat the **** out of you.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I did some research on some of your replies and here's what I came up with.

This guy Wandrei Silva is not the best figher as he has something like 5 losses.

Fedor Emalienenko only has 1 loss and it was due to a cut. He later avenged the loss by knocking out the guy that beat him so he probably takes the cake for best figher.

He does not use jiu jitsu though. He uses Judo and Sambo.

So what is sambo?

Also, the Gracie's have never been defeated in "Vale Tudo" and since this is as close to a real street fight as you can get, you can make the argument that their style is the best.

Lets hear some more opinions on this....

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Ok I did some research on some of your replies and here's what I came up with.

This guy Wandrei Silva is not the best figher as he has something like 5 losses.

Fedor Emalienenko only has 1 loss and it was due to a cut. He later avenged the loss by knocking out the guy that beat him so he probably takes the cake for best figher.

He does not use jiu jitsu though. He uses Judo and Sambo.

So what is sambo?

Also, the Gracie's have never been defeated in "Vale Tudo" and since this is as close to a real street fight as you can get, you can make the argument that their style is the best.

Lets hear some more opinions on this....
Yeah, I got your opinion right here.

WHO CARES? So he's not the best eh? Why dont you go meet him and tell him that? You would get your ass handed to you.

And about the fighting styles? Some are inferior to others. Such as boxing being inferior to martial arts. But they each have different uses. Some are for ground fighting, some are for striking and etc. But there is no ONE BEST. Even in something like a streetfight.

Let's say Joe, who is your average run of the mill chump decides he is going to try JiuJitsu (let's assume this is the ULTIMATE style). So he trains for a year or so and he gets pretty good at this ULTIMATE style. Now Joe is an idiot. He thinks that he has learned the best style there is and therefore is superior to the other styles. So he acts like a jackass and pisses of a blackbelt in Karate who has been training with an "inferior" style to Joe's JiuJitsu. Now since Joe is a moron, he decides to take this blackbelt on (who has WAY more experience) with his JiuJitsu. He gets outside and starts fighting.

Guess who wins?

Oh and Jayer, WTF do you know about TaeKwonDo? The fact that you think its merely an art is probably cause you had a wussy teacher who wouldn't let you practice the useful moves (maybe because you were a wussy who wouldnt know what to do anyway). Yes there is an art component to it, but that is only when you practice the patterns. When sparring its more like a brawl (except no grabbing allowed, only striking).

Last edited:
Reaction score
New York City punk style...all you do is grab the nearest lead pipe, or trash can and battle away the night.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Tae Kwon Do is more of an art than an affecting fighting style. I'd say someone that can strike can work their way inside of your kicking and beat the **** out of you.
I served with a guy who was a former amateur world champion TKD fighter. He was a very dangerous guy. We were in a fairly tough unit, with many many experienced fighters, but this guy was something else.

He used to muck around with kicks and stuff sometimes, but I only saw him shape up once, and in that second he shaped up to a guy you could see the power, the capability, the balance, poise and potentional for complete destruction. Very intimidating.

I have experience fighting, both trained and untrained, but I've never met - in my considerable experience - a guy more capable of destroying a trained man.

So yeah, you can knock this art or that art as being ineffective, but someone with the skills is still gonna end your world.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All depends upon the situation.

If you're on your feet, and at a distance from your opponent/attacker, kicking skills and defense are most important. A kick has much more range than a punch, period.

As you get in closer, grappling/throwing and boxing skills come into play. Elusiveness, speed, and agility are your main assets gainst a larger and stronger opponent.

We sparred pretty intensely in my class. Solid contact with sparring gear. And the good kickers -- even the skinny young fellows -- gave me the most good shots, for their level of experience. But I did OK though I wasn't the best kicker, because my defense was pretty good.

One pretty small (~ 5'6", 160 lb) guy in my karate (American Freestyle) class won a tournament overall -- beating the heavyweights who had greater range and reach -- on account of his amazing agility. His moves were impressive as hell. He was virtually untouchable. In a streetfight, he'd KO most any attacker who didn't have a gun before they know what happens. Which leads to my point: at any range, defense is very important.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This discussion is so retarded that even a Downs syndrome kid would feel embarrassed. Get it through your thick skulls that there is no single best fighting style. All the top fighters use a combination of styles.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigre
WTF taekwondo?!! lol thats for 11year olds. taekwondo is about the weakiest/g@yest fighting style in the world, with their weak ass fancy kicks and their retarded punches. Taekwondo kicks hit the opponent with the upper part of the feet and you can break your ankle like that plus those kicks are just straight up fantasy kicks that will never work in a real fight.
I would have said the same thing had I not got into some serious martial arts training and conditioning (I changed my goal from looking good through fitness to combat conditioning for Muay Thai).

I never underestimate ANY form of martial arts, maybe Tae Bo, and that's not a martial art anyways, just some fitness stuff utilising kickboxing techniques. Though I do underestimate Wushu a little, because there are performence ones (all that kung fu **** you see in Matrix is Wushu), and modern kung fu... that isn't to say that I don't get ****y about kung fu fighters, and if they practise traditional chinese boxing, then I'd be weary.

Muay Thai is a good form, its furocious nature in competitions mimics most of that of a street fight.

The best form is no form.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
muay thai vs tae kwan do

of course you can't assume that just because this fight was won by the muay thai fighter, muay thai > tae kwon do. that'd be a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc.

just thought it was interesting.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol someone said kung fu was the most effective sytle roflmao

The most effective fighting style is all styles combined end of discussion.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In order to determine this you have to look at Mixed Martial Arts tournaments and see which styles have the best records....

No one has ever passed the Gracie challenge, fyi...

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skel
The most effective fighting style is all styles combined end of discussion.
Like my martial arts teacher (sport karate several-times world champion Richard Plowden) always liked to say: "If there was any style better than all the others, everybody would be doing it."

It's about skills and veratility, not style.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy, it's whatever Chuck Fsckin Norris uses. :)

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
drunken monkey- i take my beer bottle crack it on the pool table and stab you in the eye.

grappling drunken monkey- i trip you on to the floor with my tail, put you an arm bar, then stab you in the eye with my cracked open beer bottle.

drunken, grappling, crack monkey- i do all the above, plus stab you in the other eye with crack pipe.

heroin monkey--all of the above plus an intravenous solution of HIV from my dirty needle.