Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Whole Masculine Thing

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tr0ublemaker said:
threads like this result in nothing

maybe if you guys quit generalizing women and realize they're all unique individuals with unique taste in men, you'll be okay

well said, i think myself and everyone on this board should read wat u just wrote over and over. The prob with all of us is we want like a specific formula to deal with girls. But they r all different and unique so it will never work. There r things u shouldnt do and thats one thign this board can teach us. but as far as things u should do and thigns girls like, thats always gonan vary from girl to girl.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
realmen are the way to go. sure women like orlando bloom but so do they like clooneyand eastwood.it depends on taste, the mtv generation like pretty boys. but real women want real men.
infact androgenous men are usually the most attractive to women and men. justin timberlake is an example.one day he could look like some pretty boy. and the next he could look like some farm boy when he grow some beards. personally i was caught up on the whole pretty boy thing b4. now im on the man thing i got beards now and i chop wood to keep fit in my back garden. lol .

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skeeloo said:
realmen are the way to go. sure women like orlando bloom but so do they like clooneyand eastwood.it depends on taste, the mtv generation like pretty boys. but real women want real men.
infact androgenous men are usually the most attractive to women and men. justin timberlake is an example.one day he could look like some pretty boy. and the next he could look like some farm boy when he grow some beards. personally i was caught up on the whole pretty boy thing b4. now im on the man thing i got beards now and i chop wood to keep fit in my back garden. lol .
haha! thats funny

yea I agree on the real man thing...a good woman wants a good responsible man.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol as a 19 year old myself I think we should look at what girls my age think. and so far I see them liking nothing what you would say is manly.

Now I mean, masculinity as well as feminity is subjective, but really do girls in general find masclcunity attractive is the question. I'm unsure on this theory.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women want a man that's got a feminine face but not too feminine. Like Brad Pitt. His masculine jaw offsets his feminine features. Because the mix of feminine and masculine sends the message that he will be most likely be dominant but that he will probably stick around and take care of the the woman. If his face is too masculine it sends the message that he most likely won't stick around and if his face is too feminine it sends the message that he will most likely be a pansy.

Men actually don't prefer women whose faces are too feminine because it sends the message that the woman will most likely be too needy.

So it's best to be a mix of feminine and masculine. Send off the right mix and you've hit the jackpot.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
THe problem is all of your opinions on what a "pretty boy" and a "rugged man" are, are wrong.

Just because a gent is thin, does not make him a pretty boy.. And just because some tall ******* is a hulk, does not make him a man. It is ALL personality.

THose abercombi boys are not "pretty boys"... they are Men that LOOK good.. since when did a 6 pack = femnine? It DOESNT.. It means fit, healthy, sexy. Girls like this.

GIrls dont want some fat ass that has rolls while sitting down. Just as she doesnt want that inshape, hot stud to have a ***** attitude.

Having an attractive body, does NOT mean you are a pretty boy. It means you know what girls want.

being clean shaved, smelling fresh... just well groomed, does not mean you are not a man.. It means you are a MAN living in the 21st cent.

GUess what? I shave every inch of my body, except for my head hair... Yes thats right, Even my legs, and arms. What do girls thing? They like it. what do guys think? THey hate it. DO I give a ****? Hell no. why? because I am a Man and run my own life.

I have a very nice HB9-10 for LTR, thats better then 90% of any of you "brutes" who dont wear deoderent, and dont clip your ****ing fingernails.

http://photos.imageevent.com/neal/hawaiigallery/websize/crystal dakar.jpg

Being a man is all attitude... One of the most manly guys I know... is 5'10 and 130lbs.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
wootapotky said:
Women want a man that's got a feminine face but not too feminine. Like Brad Pitt. His masculine jaw offsets his feminine features. Because the mix of feminine and masculine sends the message that he will be most likely be dominant but that he will probably stick around and take care of the the woman. If his face is too masculine it sends the message that he most likely won't stick around and if his face is too feminine it sends the message that he will most likely be a pansy.

Men actually don't prefer women whose faces are too feminine because it sends the message that the woman will most likely be too needy.

So it's best to be a mix of feminine and masculine. Send off the right mix and you've hit the jackpot.
Bingo.. Brad is a very hot man. And alot of "men" consider him a pretty boy.. Is he? Hardly... Hes in great shape, looks great, good career/money, and is manly... One should listen to him in interviews.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAVER1CK said:
THe problem is all of your opinions on what a "pretty boy" and a "rugged man" are, are wrong.

Just because a gent is thin, does not make him a pretty boy.. And just because some tall ******* is a hulk, does not make him a man. It is ALL personality.

THose abercombi boys are not "pretty boys"... they are Men that LOOK good.. since when did a 6 pack = femnine? It DOESNT.. It means fit, healthy, sexy. Girls like this.

GIrls dont want some fat ass that has rolls while sitting down. Just as she doesnt want that inshape, hot stud to have a ***** attitude.

Having an attractive body, does NOT mean you are a pretty boy. It means you know what girls want.

being clean shaved, smelling fresh... just well groomed, does not mean you are not a man.. It means you are a MAN living in the 21st cent.

GUess what? I shave every inch of my body, except for my head hair... Yes thats right, Even my legs, and arms. What do girls thing? They like it. what do guys think? THey hate it. DO I give a ****? Hell no. why? because I am a Man and run my own life.

I have a very nice HB9-10 for LTR, thats better then 90% of any of you "brutes" who dont wear deoderent, and dont clip your ****ing fingernails.

http://photos.imageevent.com/neal/hawaiigallery/websize/crystal dakar.jpg

Being a man is all attitude... One of the most manly guys I know... is 5'10 and 130lbs.
LOL, sorry to burst your bubble but most girls are quite turned off by guys who shave their entire body. Maybe you only hang around 17 year old girls who haven't matured to the point of getting used to body hair, but unless you're a swimmer and actually have a reason to shave your entire body, the vast majority of girls just find it weird. And yes, body hair is a masculine physical trait. My guess is if girls you're with (say they) like it, they just enjoy the novelty of a totally hairless guy, kinda like a hairless cat. It's different, kinda weird looking, but fun to pet for a while. And by god, I hope you don't shave your eyebrows.

But yeah, women in general like a "normal" amount of body hair.

And I don't know anyone who considered Brad Pitt a "pretty boy". Maybe because he has "pretty" eyes or something, but nobody considers him the kind of prettyboy that, say Orlando Bloom is. Pitt is a fairly rugged guy through and through. I dunno, I can't think of many bona fide celebrity "prettyboys" at the moment.

I don't know what the hell this is supposed to mean, but I'm guessing it's BS. Unless you're talking about makeup etc and not the natural face structure, then yeah...maybe, but that's not so much a femininity thing as it is a high maintenance thing.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I meant natural face structure. If a woman is too feminine looking her face is going to look too pudgy, too soft and portray someone that is too needy. I'm not talking about makeup. I don't mean a woman should be butch looking. I mean that there should be a slight, key word slight, masculinization to the face.

With Brad Pitt he is not that masculine looking. He has a masculine personality and that counts for a lot but take away his jaw and he's going to look a lot more femme. Orlando Bloom has a similar masculinity as Brad Pitt's face but his p*ssy personality is what makes him seem more feminine.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scrumtulescence said:
LOL, sorry to burst your bubble but most girls are quite turned off by guys who shave their entire body. Maybe you only hang around 17 year old girls who haven't matured to the point of getting used to body hair, but unless you're a swimmer and actually have a reason to shave your entire body, the vast majority of girls just find it weird. And yes, body hair is a masculine physical trait. My guess is if girls you're with (say they) like it, they just enjoy the novelty of a totally hairless guy, kinda like a hairless cat. It's different, kinda weird looking, but fun to pet for a while. And by god, I hope you don't shave your eyebrows.

But yeah, women in general like a "normal" amount of body hair.

And I don't know anyone who considered Brad Pitt a "pretty boy". Maybe because he has "pretty" eyes or something, but nobody considers him the kind of prettyboy that, say Orlando Bloom is. Pitt is a fairly rugged guy through and through. I dunno, I can't think of many bona fide celebrity "prettyboys" at the moment.

I don't know what the hell this is supposed to mean, but I'm guessing it's BS. Unless you're talking about makeup etc and not the natural face structure, then yeah...maybe, but that's not so much a femininity thing as it is a high maintenance thing.

The girl im with is 25. im 20. Tell me, How many girls do you know, who have said that they are "turned off" by guys who shave? Tell me the exact number, and their ages. Wait, you cant.. because YOU dont actually know. You are just assuming, yet have no experience with it. Let me tell you.. I Have experience, and girls Like it.

PS: some of the biggest body builders, are completely shaved. And I can assure you, they are more manly then you could ever be.

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tr0ublemaker said:
threads like this result in nothing

maybe if you guys quit generalizing women and realize they're all unique individuals with unique taste in men, you'll be okay

Good point, Oprah.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
I think the whole masculine thing is a joke. I mean, chicks mostly prefer feminine looking guys, they are the ones concidered good looking.

I think the whole masculine thing may really be just a guy thing only and has nothing to do with girls.

Thoughts?
First of all...The term masculine can be character trait (has balls) or description of physical shape (broad chest, large shouldrs, cheekbones etc.)

Interesting reading on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4751501.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2969391.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4261489.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/faceperception2.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/lonelyhearts.shtml

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wootapotky said:

thats true i also read that somewhere. a mixture btwn masculine and feminine just like u and skeeloo said. justin and brad pitt are examples. take justin he was a pretty wimpy guy in nsync. but now he is hot has facial hair. mature women wana fuk him. masculinity is the way.

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wootapotky said:
Yes I meant natural face structure. If a woman is too feminine looking her face is going to look too pudgy, too soft and portray someone that is too needy. I'm not talking about makeup. I don't mean a woman should be butch looking. I mean that there should be a slight, key word slight, masculinization to the face.

bingo you are so right i have always wanted to say that but couldnt explain it with women looking too sfot and needy also turns me off. it rings daddy's little princess. and neediness

by the way to the guy who shaves his entire body. you better man up. being a man dosnt mean looking like a beast,
i clip my nails who doesnt? only a dirty **** wouldnt clip his nails. but stop that metro ****. being neat is different from trying to compete with women makup wise. that's wierd if you dont have a reason to wax your chest hair then why do it?. of course if you got a hairy back or arms take it of but for god sakes leave something that shows your masculinity.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hybrids seem to also win out. You can be "pretty" without being feminine. You can be masculine without being a hulk. There's a happy middle ground that women tend to prefer.

These guys you are calling pretty boys on the cover of magazines aren't pretty boys. They're fairly athletic looking, decently muscled and have attractive faces. Eyes and face are what girls are most concerned with given that you have a decently respectable body.. and of course your face isn't going to look so great if your body is all pudgy because your face stores fat too.

I don't know how you guys are defining masculine almost with being ugly and looking like you've just come out of the trenches.

MAVER1CK said:
The girl im with is 25. im 20. Tell me, How many girls do you know, who have said that they are "turned off" by guys who shave? Tell me the exact number, and their ages. Wait, you cant.. because YOU dont actually know. You are just assuming, yet have no experience with it. Let me tell you.. I Have experience, and girls Like it.

PS: some of the biggest body builders, are completely shaved. And I can assure you, they are more manly then you could ever be.
I completely shaved my junk once. An ex told me to never do that again.

Ive brought up the idea of shaving my chest to girls several times before. They nearly always say some version of "definitely do not do that."

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wootapotky said:
If a woman is too feminine looking her face is going to look too pudgy, too soft and portray someone that is too needy.

What are you talking about?

I like a fairly needy woman by the way.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MAVER1CK said:

I used to be like you. I used to shave/wax regularly. And I will say I don't recall ever meeting a girl who was *explicitly* turned off by it. BUT, after a year of doing it I decided that in my experience the general concensus is that while some women might like the "novelty" (as Scrumtulescence said), most women prefer a man with moderate body hair.

And I will guarantee even a woman who loves a hairless man will be extremely turned off in bed if his legs are smoother than hers.

And also, most women don't find big body builders desireable. And I say this as someone who has consitantly been weight training for over 9 years.

But, there are lots of women with lots of different tastes. So it really comes down to the image that best portrays you and is congruent with your being.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Bvbidd said:
I don't know about you but when I see girls with guys most of the time. The guys are who the girls say is hot. And they are pretty feminine looking.

The masculine guys or whatever are eating or lifting weights all day and girls make fun of them.
Dunno what world YOU live in...how old are you?

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 19.

I'm just looking for real life proof that the character trait masclunity is attractive to girls, because so far I haven't seen any real life proof of this fact besides Pook's geeky posts.