Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Whole Masculine Thing

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Should anyone have taken the time to look into the scientific studies that have been done they would have seen that such studies indicate that women prefer the more rugged masculine look during periods of ovulation, and a softer more "feminine" look during the other stages of their cycle.

Similarly, research on facial attractiveness
indicates that female preference for visual masculinity
(a trait putatively correlated with dominance)
varies across the cycle
See the study here!

There are other studies available.

Last edited:

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good_ol_boy said:
There are other studies available.
Speaking of which:

Here is another!

Secondary sexual characteristics may indicate quality of the immune system and therefore a preference
for masculinity may confer genetic benefits to offspring; however, high masculinity may be associated with
costs of decreased paternal investment. The current study examined women’s preferences for masculinity
in male faces by using computer graphics to allow transformation between feminine and masculine versions
of individual male faces. We found that preferences for masculinity are increased when women either
have a partner or are considering a short-term relationship. Such preferences are potentially adaptive,
serving to: (i) maximize parental investment and cooperation in long-term relationships by biasing choices
towards feminine faced males, and (ii) maximize possible good-gene benefits of short-term or extra-pair
partners by biasing choices towards masculine faced males. We also found that individuals using oral
contraception do not show the above effects, indicating that such hormonal intervention potentially disrupts women’s choices for evolutionarily relevant benefits from males
Not to mention!

Individuals tend to choose mates who are sufficiently genetically dissimilar to avoid inbreeding. As facial attractiveness is a key factor in
human mate preference, we investigated
whether facial preferences were related to gen-
etic dissimilarity. We asked female volunteers to
rate the attractiveness of men from photographs
and compared these results with individual
genotypes at the major histocompatibility
complex (MHC). In contrast to previously
reported preferences based on odour, we found
a non-significant tendency for women to rate
MHC-similar faces as more attractive,
suggesting a preference for cues to a self-similar
MHC in faces. Further analysis revealed that
male faces received higher attractiveness scores
when rated by women who were MHC-similar
than by MHC-dissimilar women. Although
unexpected, this MHC-similar facial preference
is consistent with other studies documenting
assortative preferences in humans, including for
facial phenotype.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad pitt is no pretty boy, He's just a guy who has nice eye's and nice lips.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes they did a test for women smelling men's shirts after they wore them for 3 days I believe and women picked the men that had a different immune system from them which means if they had kids the kids would have a larger pool of diseases their immune system would fight off.

But generally speaking it's best to give off both a masculine and feminine vibe, hence why women like Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp so much. I haven't read your link but women cheat more often with masculine looking men. So if you're only looking for sex high masculinity is good. I still think the mixture is the best way to go. It gives the optimum attraction. It's all about tradeoffs.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What women like is not the entire answer. A man has a life outside of what he does with his pecker. A carpenter without a saw would be useless. An action man needs a body to go with it. If you want to be able to take care of yourself you need a strong physique. Looks are one thing.

Some time when you are between a rock and a hard place, and you look down at your puny body, and you think of how you spend all your time shopping with your girlfriends instead of going to the dojo, then you might see the sense of it all.

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get the point of this thread. Really. Are you guys trying to rationalize a girl's likes or dislikes or what? If logic there were, what is the point of discussing all this?

Anyway, nice to hear some opinions...

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
I think the whole masculine thing is a joke. I mean, chicks mostly prefer feminine looking guys, they are the ones concidered good looking.

I think the whole masculine thing may really be just a guy thing only and has nothing to do with girls.

Thoughts?
Women are most attracted to men who appear both masculine and feminine at the same time. A pretty boy with a bad boy edge. Like Brad Pitt.

Brad Pitt looks tough and pretty at the same time.