Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The official Acne thread [Merged threads]

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are the 3 creams and brands of those creams you are using now wolf?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jojoba oil, Benzac AC 5% and Eryacne Gel 2%.
A proscription is needed for Eryacne but don't let the doc con you into using a topical antibiotic, they don't work as well I already tried.

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am clear yet another week

just cleaning up my diet and again started doing some cardio on my offdays from lifting did the trick

no dairy, no bad ingredients, no problem

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it important to moisturize always? I can't ever seem to find a good moisturizer. I tried Cetaphil and it makes my face red. I try the Neutrogena Healthy Face skin lotion and it makes my face soo shiny people always ask me why my face is super oily. So n ow I've just been using the BP 2.5% on my face and it can get really dry, where I can't really open my mouth to eat. Is that bad?

Also I am going to try 50 MG of Zinc and a Men's Multivitamin. I heard that Zinc plays a part in breaking down sebum so I will try that out. Anyone here take Zinc with good results?

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
definitely need to moisterize

if I dont I get extremely dry skin

I use the norweigan nuetrogena stuff and its great

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
clear another week it appears

I dont get why this thread is so dead

maybe two to four people tried it out of all jonwons tough work, but than again a lot of the people who come here are SAYERS and not DOERS

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went and bought this:

How much would I need to take:

VIT B1 100mg
, b2 20mg
, b3, b6, b12 -10mg

Patothenic acid (as clacium pantothenete) 5mg 50%

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd tell you all what i'm doing.. since its perfect...

but i doubt anyone would actually listen...

just go to www.acne.org.

try the brushing exfoliation everyday, dont wash your face with soap whatsoever.

diet doesnt have anything to do with acne... unless you eat pure bacteria.

let you face become naturally oily during the day

i'll write a better one if i must... but i doubt people will listen...

edit//

oh yeah im 17... so it could be that i'm clearing up naturally also.

good medicine to take is Cephalexin

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for careing man but you musen't have had have really bad acne. I have never ever used soap on my acne (use centphil) for 4 years and exfoliating just agrvates it. What is brushing exfoliation?

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Thanks for careing man but you musen't have had have really bad acne. I have never ever used soap on my acne (use centphil) for 4 years and exfoliating just agrvates it. What is brushing exfoliation?
1) get a clean a medium type toothbrush

2) wet your face with room temperature water, wet the toothbrush in warm to hot water (to soften the brush).

3) and just brush your face in circles.

-this works a lot better than "exfoliating beads" because it gets every inch of your face, you have better control of it, and junk won't get in your hair.

-this works MUCH better than a washcloth because washcloths you cant see what you're washing as well, it won't over-dry like a washcloth, and a washcloth starts building up bacteria every time you reuse it

4) rewet/wash your face after brushing certain parts of your face

5) after you're finished, wash your face with warm water to open your pores and clean it out.

6) then wash your face in the coldest water you can

(Note:
-this whole regimine doesn't involve using soap AT ALL
-soap takes too much natural oil away, and the soap may have irritants!
-hot water over-dries your face, don't put hot water to your face!
-when your face is over-dry, it over-produces oil = bad
-oil doesn't produce acne
-too much oil that mix with dead skin that clog your pore and trap bacteria)

I don't moisturize my face unless i'm going to go out right after i wash my face. I usually let the natural oils naturally moisturize.

a lot of moisturizers say non-comodegenic (doesn't clog pores) or hypoallergenic (won't irritate your skin)... USUALLY these are marketing names... THIS is why i let my own skin moisurize itself... you body knows you better than anyone else... it'll produce what you need.

edit//

when you're brushing, do your whole face, but focus mainly on scars and existing acne spots. don't pick at your face unless you know what you're doing.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guayaballer said:
wont it agravate the acne yu already have?
I'd say aggravating a pimple starts from trying to pop it, which pushes it in further... or putting irritants (Ex: Benzyl Peroxide, Salycic Acid, Lotion, etc) on your face.

of course some irritants will harm your face more than others. Benzyl Peroxide, and Salycic Acid are used to stop acne, but it is a irritant because it still has side-effects that will dry your face.

all brushing does it open your pores, and loosens dead skin so you can wash it off... doesn't involve putting anything on your face, or squeezing a pimple.

---

this isn't the original one i read long ago, but it has the same concept:
-"The official, baby brush method thread, for exfoliating, great results! You NEED to try this!"
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=140618&hl=brush

but for better understanding of it all:
-Forums:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?act=idx

-Site:
http://www.acne.org/

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING ON THAT SITE!

You know what irritates you and what doesn't, you know your body better than anyone else!

Think twice before you go and buy something and put it on your face!

---

(Another note:
- Like the OP said, 2.5% - 5% BP at most! But, I'd say go with 2.5% and expect results in a longer time span... higher % doesn't make it faster or better!
- 10% BP is a marketing tool to get fools to buy their "best products")

I'm just including that incase you go off and use them anyways, and so you don't waste your money if you DO buy them.

---

And if you feel like using BP (Benzyl Peroxide) during this brushing technique... don't do it until you face starts adapting to your new brushing technique... changing too many things at a time is bad... do it slowly.

Once your face starts getting smoother and clearer from brushing, start applying BP every other night... and not too much!

---

Brushing WILL make your face a bit drier at first... but you'll get used to it. If you look in the mirror after, you face will usually not even look dry at all... but it will feel dry a TINY bit.

That is why you don't want to use BP too early.

MiGuelS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
I'd say aggravating a pimple starts from trying to pop it, which pushes it in further... or putting irritants (Ex: Benzyl Peroxide, Salycic Acid, Lotion, etc) on your face.

of course some irritants will harm your face more than others. Benzyl Peroxide, and Salycic Acid are used to stop acne, but it is a irritant because it still has side-effects that will dry your face.

all brushing does it open your pores, and loosens dead skin so you can wash it off... doesn't involve putting anything on your face, or squeezing a pimple.

---

this isn't the original one i read long ago, but it has the same concept:
-"The official, baby brush method thread, for exfoliating, great results! You NEED to try this!"
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=140618&hl=brush

but for better understanding of it all:
-Forums:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?act=idx

-Site:
http://www.acne.org/

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING ON THAT SITE!

You know what irritates you and what doesn't, you know your body better than anyone else!

Think twice before you go and buy something and put it on your face!

---

(Another note:
- Like the OP said, 2.5% - 5% BP at most! But, I'd say go with 2.5% and expect results in a longer time span... higher % doesn't make it faster or better!
- 10% BP is a marketing tool to get fools to buy their "best products")

I'm just including that incase you go off and use them anyways, and so you don't waste your money if you DO buy them.

---

And if you feel like using BP (Benzyl Peroxide) during this brushing technique... don't do it until you face starts adapting to your new brushing technique... changing too many things at a time is bad... do it slowly.

Once your face starts getting smoother and clearer from brushing, start applying BP every other night... and not too much!

---

Brushing WILL make your face a bit drier at first... but you'll get used to it. If you look in the mirror after, you face will usually not even look dry at all... but it will feel dry a TINY bit.

That is why you don't want to use BP too early.
+1 acne.org=the sh1t

also one more thing if you have those RED marks and BRown marks from past acne get yourself RETIN-A Micro it is amazing. Just make sure your acne is under control though

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jonwon I have a couple questions. I remember in your previous post you said you won't listen to anyone who hasn't tried the things you listed...

Well I am using Benzaclin Gel (which has 2.5% BP i believe)
Starting take vitamins everyday
A couple glasses of water a day

Now, I am very interested in making that cream mixture of BP, erythromycin cream, and jojoba oil. However, my face is extremely sensitive and I notice a lot some things irritate my skin. For instance, I got a neutrogena exfoliating face wash and it burned and peeled my skin - I had to discontinue use. I was researching on the internet about erythromycin cream, and one of the potential side effects is that it might burn your face. Since I already know I have sensitive skin which is prone to inflamation...I think it might be best if I stayed away from it. However, if it is mixed in with jojoba oil and BP would it reduce its potentially negative effects on my face? or could I possibly mix the Benzaclin gel with the jojoba oil, leaving out the erythromycin cream? I realize it won't be as good as the cream with 3 ingredients, but it's better than nothing right?

Another thing is that I don't have a bad acne problem - it's mild. However, i do have a lot of white heads in certain areas of my face, and a lot of blackheads on my nose. And yes there are several tiny red pimples on my cheeks, and the occasional bigger one pops up from time to time. I notice everyone here concerned with acne/pimples and what not..but how does the cream you mention battle white heads and black heads? I have read this entire thread, and while I see people raving about its ability to eliminate acne, what about clearing white heads and general 'junk' on the face?

Brian McGee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have: Small scarring on the left side of face, only really visible with a light shining directly on it. A few small redspots under the cheekbones running up to my chin. And pores on my forehead just between my eyebrows and up a bit that are always open so large and prominent (I used to often get pimples there, but not anymore, and the pore issue used to be worse, its gradually clearing but its taking far too long, id prefer to speed it up), which also makes that part of my forehead look shiny.

Note: I cbfed getting a prescription for Retin-A or that because it isnt thaaaat bad, but I still need to fix this. My diet is fine, I do the whole wash, cleanse, moisturise (only moisturise once though - just before I go to bed).

Reccomendations?

EDIT: Also, whenever I lift, it causes me to break out a little, which is a ***** because I love lifting, but it's causing me to take breaks away from it to maintain clearer skin

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you guys want to spend THAT much money on vitamins... go with medicine instead.

you SHOULD get enough vitamins in your diet if you eat right.

loading up on vitamins liek that and thinking you can drink your pee clear as water is dangerous in my eyes.

you wont even absorb ALL of the vitamins... that's why your pee is yellow.

you're going to drown your system in water... then you cells will burst.

take Cephelexin (Keflex)... it's a antibiotic that doesn't make you feel naucious like the -Clycline types.

also Benzaclin is usually the topical they give to you...

take What i do is take the cephelexin orally for about 2 weeks... let it clear up... then start putting on the topicals

i'd write more clearly... but i want to get this out fast...

don't waste money on vitamins... hollistic medicine isn't THAT great... western medicine is better if you do it right.

REMEMBER! you should be getting your correct daily amount of vitamins if you eat correctly... natural foods absorb better than vitamin tablets/capsules!

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red spots/ scars will fade with time... you can speed it up with retinoid topicals at night + then small amount of AHA during the day.

stay out of the sun!

ALSO! think about what you put on your face before you do it!

do research before you go out and buy! and don;t trust everyone with what they say it best for you... you know your skin better than them. we all don't have the same skin.

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
stay out of the sun? I have been in the sun plenty and had no problems

just do what jonwon does; f*** doing some rotating scrubing with a toothbrush

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danno1 said:
stay out of the sun? I have been in the sun plenty and had no problems

just do what jonwon does; f*** doing some rotating scrubing with a toothbrush
i said the sun thing relating it to that reply.

but i dont need to do what he does... im getting all mine free... and im 100% clear

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
green69 said:
jonwon I have a couple questions. I remember in your previous post you said you won't listen to anyone who hasn't tried the things you listed...

Well I am using Benzaclin Gel (which has 2.5% BP i believe)
Starting take vitamins everyday
A couple glasses of water a day

Now, I am very interested in making that cream mixture of BP, erythromycin cream, and jojoba oil. However, my face is extremely sensitive and I notice a lot some things irritate my skin. For instance, I got a neutrogena exfoliating face wash and it burned and peeled my skin - I had to discontinue use. I was researching on the internet about erythromycin cream, and one of the potential side effects is that it might burn your face. Since I already know I have sensitive skin which is prone to inflamation...I think it might be best if I stayed away from it. However, if it is mixed in with jojoba oil and BP would it reduce its potentially negative effects on my face? or could I possibly mix the Benzaclin gel with the jojoba oil, leaving out the erythromycin cream? I realize it won't be as good as the cream with 3 ingredients, but it's better than nothing right?

Another thing is that I don't have a bad acne problem - it's mild. However, i do have a lot of white heads in certain areas of my face, and a lot of blackheads on my nose. And yes there are several tiny red pimples on my cheeks, and the occasional bigger one pops up from time to time. I notice everyone here concerned with acne/pimples and what not..but how does the cream you mention battle white heads and black heads? I have read this entire thread, and while I see people raving about its ability to eliminate acne, what about clearing white heads and general 'junk' on the face?
I would say:
Get the oil.
Mix it with BP 2.5% ideally.

Cut out junk as much as possible as the original post said.

See how you go.

As for the burning e.t.c well i would consider BP to be more of an abrasive then the other cream, so if BP is not causing you to inflame then i think it maybe worth a try with the other creams also, but i dont know, only by testing you will find out.

As for the SUN.

Sun is known to get rid of ACNE i am not going to deny that, BUT and this is a huge BUT it damages your skin, so it will get rid of them or look like your healthier but infact it is damaging your skin, so after 2-3weeks of being clear from the sun you will find you will get probably the worst break out you have ever had and nothing you do will sooth it for a while, this is know FACT.

Sun does work, but it only works in the short term and actually causes more of a problem after the initial clear phase. Though i would not say stay out of the sun, i would just not use that for getting rid of spots, but dont be afraid to sunbath.

I will repeat:

With a good diet and following suggested tips, not just by me also! You will see results and i will put this up in large since some are missing the main and i mean the number 1 thing on here:

MAKE SURE YOU ELLIMINATE AS MUCH JUNK FROM YOUR DIET.

THIS MEANS:
POP, SODA, CRISPS, MSG, HYDOGENATED OILS, HIGH SUGER and anything else you think, but the above i find is enough.

IF YOU DONT CONTROL YOUR DIET, NOTHING WILL WORK 100% and i mean NOTHING.

The vitamins are a step to make sure your body is getting the correct dose or a decent amount of body essential requiements that you probably have been missing out on for a very long time.

Also a few more things.
Make sure your towels are always clean, your bedding is clean e.t.c. No point washing your face to smudge on a towel that is coated in bacteria e.t.c