Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quit copying other PUA material....Develop your own game instead

ELMER_GANTRY

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of guys on here, even out in public, trying to copy all these pick up artists material. They say all these quotes and try to memorize scripts when most of the time it isn't working for them. These guys think that just because they read a PUA book, or look at a website, that they will become a master with women right off the bat. They read a little bit of it, think they have it all down, then they go out and fail, They get rejected, then they become frustrated, while they scratch their heads and wonder why it didn't work.

The reason it's not working, is because you are trying to copy someone else, and what they profected to work with women. You are not being original. You are trying to copy someone else's game, and you come off looking stiff and phony. sometimes even like a loser. Just because it works for someone else, doesn't mean that it will work for you. A perfect example is baseball players. Every pitcher and hitter are different. They all have different wind ups and batting stances. They all don't copy each other because what works for one guy, won't work for the other, but the end result is the same. The pitcher throws strikes and the hitter gets hits. Albert Pujols doesn't have the same batting stance as Derek Jeter because his stance won't work for him. They are two different hitters but the end result is the same, they both can hit very well. This is the same for being a PUA. Not everybody's method should be copied and be the same, because it won't work for everybody, that is why you should develop your own game because the end result should be the same, resulting in scoring lots of women.

These big time pick up artists didn't just read some old books, throw on an outfit, walk into a bar, and start picking up chicks. That is what a lot of these guys are trying to do and it isn't working for them. These PUA guys spent a long time mastering their craft. They got rejected many times while practicing on chicks. They found out what worked and what didn't work through trial and error. They calibrated their game until they had it down perfect and went out and played their game to score chicks. They might of used bits and pieces of stuff they learned from others, but this is what they learned and practiced themselves through experience and knowledge they gained. This is their own material that they learned and used. That is why instead of relying on other people's methods, you should craft your own game to fit you, and have your own game that works for you. Just because some PUA guy got a lot of women and says his method works, doesn't mean it can work for you, it works for him because he made the stuff up.

Another reason guys are failing with these PUA methods are that their material is widely known. It isn't secret anymore like it used to be. This material has been out for a long time and so many guys are trying to use it. Guys buy the books, read the websites and all are using the same material to try to score chicks. So, if all these guys are trying to use the same stuff to pick up women, this material won't be successful when some chicks already know the game plan.

If a chick is really hot, (even some average ones) she will get hit on be many guys in one night when she is out. She will also get hit on by many guys wherever she goes. She hears the same recycled lines and PUA stuff all the time. After she hears the same stuff again, she ignores the guy spitting his phony game, she leaves, and he wonders why it all went wrong. If all these guys like you, reading these PUA manuals go out and try to pick up the same chicks, you can bet that they heard them many times before. That is why you are failing. You're not original. You try to use other guys stuff because you think it will work for you, because you are afraid, or you don't want to incorporate your own unique game, so you rely on other methods to work, when most times they don't. Be original and create your own game. You can use bits and pieces of what they do, but if you have your own style, your chances of meeting women and scoring will greatly increase.

Last night I was out, and saw this guy trying to game this good looking chick. He was trying to be smooth, but you could tell he memorized a script just by the way he was talking, it was very obvious. So, I was watching him just to see how good he was. Somewhere in the middle of his memorized script, the chick threw him off, she threw him a curve ball, and it didn't go according to his script. His face went blank, he looked like he was lost, like a deer in the headlights. He was searching for something to say, and couldn't find the right words. His mind was probably going like crazy. He needed his script but couldn't follow through. He tried to make some small talk but that didn't work, and the chick soon caught on to his game. He looked embarrassed, then excused himself while he looked humiliated and walked away. Now if this guy used his own game, he probably would of been better off and might even of got her number instead of using some other guys stuff that didn't work, while he screwed up, humiliated himself, and lost out using a memorized PUA prewriiten script.

If you want to know a good trick to use, here it is. Play off the other guys mistake,. That is what I did. After that guy made a fool of himself, I walked up to the chick, made fun of the guy for using his failed memorized PUA script, we both had a good laugh, and had a great convo based on my own style that I use. It's not memorized scripts and what some guru tells me to do or say. It's stuff that I learned through my own experience and knowledge. That works for me, but maybe not for someone else, so that is why you should develop your own game that works for you, and you will be better off with women.

The problem is that nobody wants to be original. They all want to copy someone else and do what they do. They don't want to take the time to learn the ropes, and become good at meeting women on their own. They want to crack open a book and try to be successful that way because they all say that way works, so they think it will work for them. Then when it doesn't, they become frustrated, upset, and have negative attitudes toward themselves. Those PUA artists had huge a success using their own stuff. They didn't copy some other guy, they did it on their own. That is what you should do. Then, after they used it for so long, they all wrote books to cash in on all the money that guys will pay to try to be successful with women. So you have all these guys going around using the same PUA stuff, chicks know the routines and it doesn't work for them. It might for some, but not for a lot of them.

If you have no game at all, reading someone else's game won't help you at all, because you will come off as a loser, stiff, fake, phony and look worse than if you were original. You have no knowledge or experience with women in real situations, and just by looking at a few chapters, and reading some other guys success stories won't make you a good PUA. You have to learn and experiment with your own style on your own. If you want to add some of their stuff then you can use it to tweak your game, you can, but just don't rely on someone else to tell you how it is done, when you never did it yourself. That won't work, and you will quickly become frustrated and develop a poor mental attitude. That is why you should get a good mind set first. It all starts with the mind my friends, that is a fact, get a good inner game going, and self confidence first. Then go out and practice on developing your own game through trial and error, like the other guys did, you will be better off, and will have better results in attracting and scoring women.

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
must read !

that's the reason why i decided to become a natural
not because of my result but because of the fake !

Doctrine Dark

Don Juan
Reaction score
True words of wisdom right there. Hope others actually read this.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Loooooooooong post, but I read it all!

Judge nismo is keeping this in the courtroom database! This will help solve many pathetic cases here.

Sadly I can't rep you. I gotta spread it around! Keep up these great posts!

BTW, you forgot to mention that the woman has to find you attractive from the go, because if she doesn't give you a chance, you won't even get to use this PUA stuff. Most, if not all guys who use this PUA stuff still have to be given a chance by women and must rely on luck to be successful.

It's a damn shame there are so many desperate males who think they hit a gold mine in PUA tactics. In about 2020 or before, every man is gonna be into this and women will be that much harder to pick up for the average joe.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post...

Ya know, it's funny. I'm guilty of trying to remember PUA stuff that I read, thinking that it sounds perfect, and if it played out how the example did, it would work nearly every time. However, when I actually approach, it's like everything that I have read flies out of the window and I do my own thing. So, I've been listening to this advice on accident, really.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The problem with PUA material is they're shortcuts.

They may get you to the point where you "seal the deal" but they leave you dangling with how to process the experience.

I believe there is very little originality left in the world. Your own experiences should help forge the sword you use to hack and fight your way through the wild. Use your Brothers' experiences and knowledge to create your own philosophy. Putting everything you have, and believe in, into someone else's doctrine will only serve to keep you following behind your Master's demise.

Laracuente

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't grasp the concept of copying other people's work. Like I've read some of the stuff and it did help with analyzing situations but thats about it. Before I found this stuff I was out doing it myself and realizing what works and doesn't work for me.
Introducing yourself first..big fail
Thinking about what to say...fail
From my own experience I learned a lot more then I did reading/watching some of this PUA stuff.
I'm just one to be original works for me majority of the time eh.

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ELMER_GANTRY said:
I see a lot of guys on here, even out in public, trying to copy all these pick up artists material. They say all these quotes and try to memorize scripts when most of the time it isn't working for them. These guys think that just because they read a PUA book, or look at a website, that they will become a master with women right off the bat. They read a little bit of it, think they have it all down, then they go out and fail, They get rejected, then they become frustrated, while they scratch their heads and wonder why it didn't work.

The reason it's not working, is because you are trying to copy someone else, and what they profected to work with women. You are not being original. You are trying to copy someone else's game, and you come off looking stiff and phony. sometimes even like a loser. Just because it works for someone else, doesn't mean that it will work for you. A perfect example is baseball players. Every pitcher and hitter are different. They all have different wind ups and batting stances. They all don't copy each other because what works for one guy, won't work for the other, but the end result is the same. The pitcher throws strikes and the hitter gets hits. Albert Pujols doesn't have the same batting stance as Derek Jeter because his stance won't work for him. They are two different hitters but the end result is the same, they both can hit very well. This is the same for being a PUA. Not everybody's method should be copied and be the same, because it won't work for everybody, that is why you should develop your own game because the end result should be the same, resulting in scoring lots of women.

These big time pick up artists didn't just read some old books, throw on an outfit, walk into a bar, and start picking up chicks. That is what a lot of these guys are trying to do and it isn't working for them. These PUA guys spent a long time mastering their craft. They got rejected many times while practicing on chicks. They found out what worked and what didn't work through trial and error. They calibrated their game until they had it down perfect and went out and played their game to score chicks. They might of used bits and pieces of stuff they learned from others, but this is what they learned and practiced themselves through experience and knowledge they gained. This is their own material that they learned and used. That is why instead of relying on other people's methods, you should craft your own game to fit you, and have your own game that works for you. Just because some PUA guy got a lot of women and says his method works, doesn't mean it can work for you, it works for him because he made the stuff up.

Another reason guys are failing with these PUA methods are that their material is widely known. It isn't secret anymore like it used to be. This material has been out for a long time and so many guys are trying to use it. Guys buy the books, read the websites and all are using the same material to try to score chicks. So, if all these guys are trying to use the same stuff to pick up women, this material won't be successful when some chicks already know the game plan.

If a chick is really hot, (even some average ones) she will get hit on be many guys in one night when she is out. She will also get hit on by many guys wherever she goes. She hears the same recycled lines and PUA stuff all the time. After she hears the same stuff again, she ignores the guy spitting his phony game, she leaves, and he wonders why it all went wrong. If all these guys like you, reading these PUA manuals go out and try to pick up the same chicks, you can bet that they heard them many times before. That is why you are failing. You're not original. You try to use other guys stuff because you think it will work for you, because you are afraid, or you don't want to incorporate your own unique game, so you rely on other methods to work, when most times they don't. Be original and create your own game. You can use bits and pieces of what they do, but if you have your own style, your chances of meeting women and scoring will greatly increase.

Last night I was out, and saw this guy trying to game this good looking chick. He was trying to be smooth, but you could tell he memorized a script just by the way he was talking, it was very obvious. So, I was watching him just to see how good he was. Somewhere in the middle of his memorized script, the chick threw him off, she threw him a curve ball, and it didn't go according to his script. His face went blank, he looked like he was lost, like a deer in the headlights. He was searching for something to say, and couldn't find the right words. His mind was probably going like crazy. He needed his script but couldn't follow through. He tried to make some small talk but that didn't work, and the chick soon caught on to his game. He looked embarrassed, then excused himself while he looked humiliated and walked away. Now if this guy used his own game, he probably would of been better off and might even of got her number instead of using some other guys stuff that didn't work, while he screwed up, humiliated himself, and lost out using a memorized PUA prewriiten script.

If you want to know a good trick to use, here it is. Play off the other guys mistake,. That is what I did. After that guy made a fool of himself, I walked up to the chick, made fun of the guy for using his failed memorized PUA script, we both had a good laugh, and had a great convo based on my own style that I use. It's not memorized scripts and what some guru tells me to do or say. It's stuff that I learned through my own experience and knowledge. That works for me, but maybe not for someone else, so that is why you should develop your own game that works for you, and you will be better off with women.

The problem is that nobody wants to be original. They all want to copy someone else and do what they do. They don't want to take the time to learn the ropes, and become good at meeting women on their own. They want to crack open a book and try to be successful that way because they all say that way works, so they think it will work for them. Then when it doesn't, they become frustrated, upset, and have negative attitudes toward themselves. Those PUA artists had huge a success using their own stuff. They didn't copy some other guy, they did it on their own. That is what you should do. Then, after they used it for so long, they all wrote books to cash in on all the money that guys will pay to try to be successful with women. So you have all these guys going around using the same PUA stuff, chicks know the routines and it doesn't work for them. It might for some, but not for a lot of them.

If you have no game at all, reading someone else's game won't help you at all, because you will come off as a loser, stiff, fake, phony and look worse than if you were original. You have no knowledge or experience with women in real situations, and just by looking at a few chapters, and reading some other guys success stories won't make you a good PUA. You have to learn and experiment with your own style on your own. If you want to add some of their stuff then you can use it to tweak your game, you can, but just don't rely on someone else to tell you how it is done, when you never did it yourself. That won't work, and you will quickly become frustrated and develop a poor mental attitude. That is why you should get a good mind set first. It all starts with the mind my friends, that is a fact, get a good inner game going, and self confidence first. Then go out and practice on developing your own game through trial and error, like the other guys did, you will be better off, and will have better results in attracting and scoring women.
Great post. This is the truth. I spent 7 months approaching without changing much on the inside, and I've learned that it takes much more than the ability to cold approach to get what you want.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome Thread!!!

All guys need to read this

Guess you got repped for this already

I will do it again +1 rep

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repped. Everything you said has been said before on this website, but you said it very effectively. It's great to read these ideas presented so well.

SashaPUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes boss!

agreed....... copying anybody is gay and can be counter-productive...

however, when you're starting out... getting some ideas from someone is ok. As long as it gets you out there experimenting to you develop your own style. as long as you use these ideas as a guide post... something to help steer you.. something to build on. now things seem really simple. It's like "just go out and have fun!" ... but at the start that advice wouldn't have really helped.

Agree also that people keep using **** that doesn't work for them. Try something, but if it doesn't work TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!! Keep trying too eventually you start getting it right.... and the journey just goes on....

Fred_Scuttle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing Posting Here. This Is The Truth

WoW. You are on a roll son. This has to be the best posting that I have read on here. I thoroughly enjoy reading all your postings. You know what you are talking about. Just a follow up on some of what you said. Back in the day we never had cell phones or internet. We had to call the girl on her home phone. It was harder to keep in touch with her. We never used any of this pick up jargon they talk about getting women. We went out we were able to talk to them we even used some tricks up our sleeve but it worked. It was harder but men weren't afraid back then. We took some risks but it was well paid off. The women were less flakey and were more mature than they are now. None of these things or pick up garbage even existed back then and we all did just fine. We had our own game as you call it and it worked. The look makes the man. Everything else falls right into place. That is how it is and will always be. Some men just don't know how to do that or be simple. They try way too hard.

Fred_Scuttle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Was browsing a site earlier that was full of PUA books/dvds. They were kind of expensive. Can't believe people would spend money on that junk. Some were even sold out. Has anybody here bought them? just curious

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Fred_Scuttle said:
The look makes the man. Everything else falls right into place. That is how it is and will always be. Some men just don't know how to do that or be simple. They try way too hard.

Fred:
I don't want to start another 10 page "looks" thread, but could you clarify what you mean by the "the look makes the man?" Do you mean physical looks, how you dress, body language, or all of the above?

I agree with your post, but want to make sure we are on the same page.

OP:

Fantastic post.

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fred_Scuttle said:
Was browsing a site earlier that was full of PUA books/dvds. They were kind of expensive. Can't believe people would spend money on that junk. Some were even sold out. Has anybody here bought them? just curious
Yeah, I have. I started with the Mystery Method book a year ago. The bottom line of that book is CONFIDENCE.

I don't copy the process step by step, but I think there are some good things Mystery got right that every man in this modern world needs to know. As someone pointed out (I don't know if it was this thread or another), girls this day in age have huge egos due to the media, facebook, etc. I'm sure in the 50s it was a lot different. But now you have 6s walking around thinking they are 10s. I know this chubby 6 that always talks about how ugly certain guys are, and she once said she had the hottest Marine guy ask her out... yet she's never had a boyfriend. Hmmmm.

Girl's tend to think they can pull guys way out of their league. They go out all dressed up and their friends constantly tell them how "hot" they are, even if they are not. Mystery emphasizes that YOU should be the prize to be won, and you need to demonstrate higher value. Through cold approaches, negs, etc. You can NOT be a nice guy/azz kisser with these girls.

He lays out the fundamentals and explains how the female mindset works, and he doesn't give out tons of "lines" to use. It's up to you to take the conversation wherever you want to go. Before Mystery Method I never talked to girls. The book gave me the boost to go talk to women, and taught me the basic things everyone on this forum knows. If I didn't read MM before I read the Book of Pook I wouldn't have known where to start. I see MM as the fundamentals, and the DJ Bible as something to get you ready to go out and sarge. I don't think I would have had the tools to go out there if I just started with the DJ Bible.

Anyways, you guys can agree or disagree with me. But I think every good PUA follows roughly what MM teaches whether you learned it from him or not.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Parad0x said:
The OP speaks the truth, I have found out the hard way. Some stuff that one PUA will say/do might sound good on paper, but if it doesn't fit your personality, it will sound/look awkward when you do it and have the opposite result from what is expected.
Exactly. I would get better results from being real and asking, "How are you doing tonight?" than when I used some elaborate PUA "opener" or "routine." Some other PUA's stuff didn't fit my personality or style.