Perfect is boring!

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perfect is boring yes, but the ultimate Don Juan is not necesarilly perfect. In fact, he is flawed in his personality like every other human, but he is top of the game because he can make his weaknesses into strengthes, which alone is never boring.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I really don't see what all the nit-picking is about. If you focus on perfection during a sarge or anything for that matter, you are focusing too much on the outcome. When you are worried about the outcome, you aren't relaxed, and you aren't thinking clearly because you're putting too much pressure on yourself to be perfect, when in reality you don't need to be perfect at all.

I used to suffer from perfection syndrome in the days before I ever kissed a girl. I'd sit around and wait for the *perfect* opportunity to kiss her. Guess what... it never came! I had to create the opportunity for myself.

Love,
Duke

faustus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pookfection

Definately in the process of applying the ideas and advice on this forum you can become bewitched and even obsessed by the idea of 'perfection', especially when you've read some of the Pook's posts about being a man and being the prize, self-improving and focusing on yourself, etc. Take this too far, take it too seriously and the words 'BE PERFECT' lights up in your head in big neon letters. This can really **** things up.

I think this post acts as a medicine to one of the less-discussed hurdles faced by those who come here and try to better themselves.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This post comes dangerously close to undermining the central tenet of this forum, and sosuave as a whole:

"Why not just be yourself?"

OK... I hear cries of "be your BEST self". Well... unless some profound learning experience has taken place, your "DJ arsenal" will only amount to an elaborate ruse, a carefully planned performance.

If you've paid attention to the recent posts of xblitz, you'll realise he been trying to spread this message for months now. De-emphasise and undermine the importance of "DJ" rules and tricks, to be replaced by self-acceptance.

If someone does not accept you, then why would you wish to have them anyway?

Wouldnt that be self-defeating, self-loathing?

If someone has rejected you, THEY have failed YOUR test.

Originally posted by Austin Allegro
What I'm trying to say is that ultimately you can't MAKE a woman find you attractive by applying 'DJ techniques' unless there is something inherently attractive about you in the first place.

Sato21m

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I LOVE IT ****ING GREAT ****
Damn i'm glad your back posters like you is what reminds me of sosuave

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you Pook for this inspirational post that cleared alot of stuff for me . Keep'em coming .

Dj Tiesto

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir, thy post is golden!

One of those rare posts that subconsciously forces you to get away from the computer, and reflect on your life.

This post should be the prologue to the Dj Bible.

Pook, many thanks for posting.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dj Tiesto
Sir, thy post is golden!

One of those rare posts that subconsciously forces you to get away from the computer, and reflect on your life.

This post should be the prologue to the Dj Bible.

Pook, many thanks for posting.
About to add it in a few.

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woo Woooo!

Great post Pook.

Makes me think. All my life I have starved for perfection. I try to do thing the best way I can, and If I can't do it perfect, then I lose all intrest in doing it.

That's why I don't consider myself a true DJ right now. I still have much to learn.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are always people who disagree, and those of you who are picking apart Pook's post because it goes against "everything this site has preached," you're only making his point stronger.

Firstly, ANYTHING can be taken too literally, including this post. For f*cks sake, he wasn't advising everyone to go nuts. He didn't tell us to run around and push each other into the bushes to get women. He's just trying to get us to let ourselves go a little, instead of sitting at our computers 24/7, analyzing proper DJ theory. This isn't an Olympic event, so chill the f*ck out and have some fun with it.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again your missing the point.

What happened to BE THE MAN.

BE YOURSELF.

YOU ARE THE PRIZE.

GO AFTER YOUR OWN GOALS.

This is counter intuitive to the way a DJ thinks.

It's all fine and dandy not to make women your first goal - and I agree 100 %...

But there's a difference to not making chicks a #1 prioritiy to no giving a fvck about women at all.

The point being, if your approaching a chick you better make sure your sh#t is together.

There's nothing wrong - and that by the way is why most of us are here - to learning and improving your game with women. If we didn't, we'd all still be AFC's.

this is a dangerous post.

Let's look a the Lawyer who got fvcked over by his hot wife (and I wonder if this is even a true story).

This guy is a lawyer. He's more successfull than probably 90% of the people here. He's behind a desk 10 hrs a day - and on top of that keeps himself in tip top shape. YET, by keeping his wife - giving her a awesome lifestyle - how does she repay him? By fvcking him over.

She'd fvck over ANYONE. This is not a slant on the lawyer - this si a slant on his b#tch wife.

Perhaps he should have tightened up his game? It does not matter, he'll dump this b#tch and end up posting on Sosuave. He'll tighten up his game - and he'll end up pulling an even hotter chick - and he'll still be a lawyer - and still be hitting the gym regularly.

It's a very, very, very bad analogy.

Persue your goals guys - and if that means your hitting the gym every day - fvck everyone else who doesn't understand you or what your striving for.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a guy can work out, be successful and have a personality.

The key is to think like a renaissance man, have interests in several areas and have some knowledge about a variety of things.

This is an interesting post no doubt. I agree about the lawyers wife who ****s him over. There could be any number of reasons, but don't take the blame off of her.

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
When Pook makes a post it's always unique...

Once again he makes another good post and it is true. Perfection just doesn't work. Be YOU, don't be like every DJ wannabe on here. Only then are you a confident, unique person that chicks wanna be around.

-->Recommended by DiSt0rTi0n_07 for the DJ Bible.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

BE YOURSELF.

YOU ARE THE PRIZE.

GO AFTER YOUR OWN GOALS.

Where exactly in the post does it say NOT to do any of these things. Anyone who's been here longer than three or four months has read all the information this board has to offer. If everyone were busy following their goals and being a man, then nobody would be on this site asking repetitive questions to constantly reinforce everything they've already been told. You know as well as I do that every new post on this board is only regurgitated information that the annonymous DJ gods of the internet posted four years ago, and any truly new idea is discarded as false or counter intuitive to the "ideal" DJ mindset.

This entire forum is about self improvement and detachment. Yes, women are the goal, but the biggest cure for our desires is to not desire them. Doesn't make much sense, does it? Sadly, that's the philosophy that 98% of the people here live by. We read posts that were created purely to inspire, and twist them into our own reality. We forget that we are human, and that none of us are perfect. So tell me NewMan, is your perception of a DJ based on what you read, or how you feel?

NobleMuscle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

BE YOURSELF.

YOU ARE THE PRIZE.

GO AFTER YOUR OWN GOALS.

It's all fine and dandy not to make women your first goal - and I agree 100 %...

But there's a difference to not making chicks a #1 prioritiy to no giving a fvck about women at all.

The point being, if your approaching a chick you better make sure your sh#t is together.

There's nothing wrong - and that by the way is why most of us are here - to learning and improving your game with women. If we didn't, we'd all still be AFC's.

this is a dangerous post.

Let's look a the Lawyer who got fvcked over by his hot wife (and I wonder if this is even a true story).

This guy is a lawyer. He's more successfull than probably 90% of the people here. He's behind a desk 10 hrs a day - and on top of that keeps himself in tip top shape. YET, by keeping his wife - giving her a awesome lifestyle - how does she repay him? By fvcking him over.

She'd fvck over ANYONE. This is not a slant on the lawyer - this si a slant on his b#tch wife.

Perhaps he should have tightened up his game? It does not matter, he'll dump this b#tch and end up posting on Sosuave. He'll tighten up his game - and he'll end up pulling an even hotter chick - and he'll still be a lawyer - and still be hitting the gym regularly.

It's a very, very, very bad analogy.

Persue your goals guys - and if that means your hitting the gym every day - fvck everyone else who doesn't understand you or what your striving for.
Agree.

NobleMuscle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this post.

Thanks Pook!

Last edited:

NobleMuscle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:
There was this guy who went to the gym almost all the time. His diet was PERFECT. His workout routines were PERFECT. His clothing was PERFECT. His six pack?no, EIGHT pack was PERFECT. He MODELED. He got involved in ACTING. He looked like a GREEK GOD. When he walked about, all the ladies noticed him. He used his flesh like a masculine dress. Aside from those that used and discarded him as a boy toy, the ladies always broke up with him. How could they break up with this ADONIS? “He is so BORING?they all said in chorus. After all, he spent most of his time in the gym or being consistent with his perfect diet. If this guy spent less time being perfect and more time being human, he would be much more successful with the ladies and much happier.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workouts in PERFECT routines do not take longer than 1~1 1/2 hours.

NobleMuscle

Don Juan
Reaction score
This Post can be Dangerous to some.

Please anyone who reads this post, do not walk off thinking Pook said we should not try to be perfect.

Thanks,

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by NobleMuscle
This Post can be Dangerous to some.

Please anyone who reads this post, do not walk off thinking Pook said we should not try to be perfect.

Thanks,
Don't you think it depends on how you look at it? And I also think that the longer a person's been on this board, the more this advice will make sense.

It's like a trilogy of movies. Newbies reading this post might feel like they just watched Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with out first seeing SW: A New Hope. But those who have been around for a while have seen A New Hope over and over again, and The Empire Strikes Back now makes perfect sense, and they're more than ready for it.

I think for anyone who's visited this board for some time, this advice should be fairly evident by now. After all this post seems very dated in terms of Pook. I guessing this particular post is over a year old already.

This post is coming from a higher level of understanding, and I think, if these types of posts continue to come, sosuave.com should somehow consider marking posts at certain 'levels' or 'orders' just so newbies don't get confused, and 'rent The Return of the Jedi first'.

!GEORGE GORDON!