Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Perfect is boring!

Heart Of Stone

Don Juan
Reaction score
My roommate and I were watching one of those dating shows (I forget which). Two guys were competing for the ladies. One was a super player who was saying all the right things and getting physical with them. The other guy was a super horny dude that was loud, making crude comments, and literally humping the chicks.
You're basing this tip on an EDITED dating show? Nobody that watches these shows knows how the dates actually go. They could've easily cut out all the good qualities of the horny dude just to make him look bad and vice-versa for the other guy.

There was this guy who went to the gym almost all the time. His diet was PERFECT. His workout routines were PERFECT. His clothing was PERFECT. His six pack… no, EIGHT pack was PERFECT. He MODELED. He got involved in ACTING. He looked like a GREEK GOD. When he walked about, all the ladies noticed him. He used his flesh like a masculine dress. Aside from those that used and discarded him as a boy toy, the ladies always broke up with him. How could they break up with this ADONIS? “He is so BORING” they all said in chorus. After all, he spent most of his time in the gym or being consistent with his perfect diet. If this guy spent less time being perfect and more time being human, he would be much more successful with the ladies and much happier.
This character obviously is not PERFECT. If he was perfect, then all the women wouldn't be saying he was BORING. He worked on perfecting his body, which got all the ladies to notice him. Step 1 accomplished.

Maybe now if the guy worked on perfecting his personality he would start to succeed more with the ladies.

Yet, she is bored and cheats on him. If the guy was a bit more human and less perfect, she might find her husband more interesting than his foolish role of Mr. Perfection.
Again you're assuming the reason why she cheats on this guy. This guy also is not PERFECT. If he was PERFECT, he would be f-cking his wife the way that she'd like it and she wouldn't be out cheating on him.

Guys, NEVER stop trying to perfect yourself.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook is spot on just like always. For those looking for the perfect solution to their problems or trying to achieve perfection they are in for a rude awakening. Perfection isn't even attainable. It is merely a man-made word that was given a meaning to describe a so-called ideal environment/situation/whatever you can think of. But perfect has never existed, and never will. This isn't negativity speaking, it's just the truth.

Have you ever seen a perfect movie? I haven't. I've seen some amazingly good movies, but never a perfect one.

Does a combustion engine convert all of the gasoline into usuable energy? No, even the most sophisticated ones today are only 35% efficient.

Have you ever listened to the perfect song? Me either. I've heard some brilliant pieces of music, but not perfect by any means.

Is there a such thing as the perfect computer program? No. Never has been and never will.

Have you ever read the perfect piece of literature? Good heavens no. But I've read a lot of interesting, entertaining, and informative books.

Why? Because none of these were meant to be perfect. By nature they were meant to give meaning and be thought provoking, but never to invoke a sense of perfection.

Do you see where I'm going with this? There's nothing wrong with being the best you can be,obviously. Improvement is man's duty. But by no means should he strive for perfection. For if man thinks he has achieved perfection, what will be left for man to do?

thecraftylefty

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one said they were PERFECT...

But there's nothing wrong with striving to be the BEST YOU CAN BE.

That's where the ambiguity comes in.

The bottom line is - if you've got no personality - nothing can help you.

The fact that a guy is hitting the gym every day - that doesn't meen he's trying to be perfect. He's taking care of business. If he has zero personality/AFC - nothing can help him. But when he awakes from his slumber - he'll have a killer bod to get the chicks.

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No I hated this post, you suck, you suck, you suck....ohh you suck

YOU SUCK SO BAD that I actualy read the whole post.

YOU SUCK SO BAD that I am not really having to think about this reply.

YOU SUCK SO BAD that the others thought it was awsome.

YOU SUCK SO BAD I might acutaly think about this.

YOU SUCK SO BAD it turned out good.

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what the man is trying to say is that you should not become a slave to your ambitions, and if you let your goal of perfection consume your life, then it is not worth living.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another excellent post from the Pook man! -applauds- looking forward to more...

Izo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the gist of the post. It makes sense. But does everyone really have to be so analytical about it? Analyzing it kills it.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Izo
I get the gist of the post. It makes sense. But does everyone really have to be so analytical about it? Analyzing it kills it.

People always analyze the hell out of pook's posts. Take it for what it's worth.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*takes the DJ bible... throws it out the window... burns the pages and jumps up and down on it frantically*

Y'know, I've been talking to women long enough to stop looking for the signs... just relax and have a good time doing it. Screw where it's heading, I'll take what comes. I havnt actually truly ENJOYED a conversation with a girl for a while...

Cheers pook. Good to see all the "greats" coming back :)

faustus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Perfect is boring

The idea that 'perfect is boring' is one of Pook's oldest and appears in the signatures in his earliest archived messages.

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Perfect is boring

Originally posted by faustus
The idea that 'perfect is boring' is one of Pook's oldest and appears in the signatures in his earliest archived messages.
Signatures are added on to posts via the forum script. This means if I update my signature (which I did), the updated signature appears on every post I checked 'Show signature' on. This includes posts in the archives.

But this is an old post. It was on my computer for... I don't know... more than a year? Secret to ******** was written after Even More ******** but I forgot to post it. Casual Dating post is probably two years old. Fifteen Lessons goes back about three and a half years. Almost all the posts I'm putting out are around a year old.

You know how you'll be going through your belongings and something, years ago, will reappear? That is how these posts were. They fell through the cracks in my computer and I found them, deleted most of them. I only kept around the ones that still kept my interest after all that time.

BTW, if someone needs to priv. msg me, do it soon. I'm running out of time.

Is it all about personality and charisma?

Here is a better question: how do you destroy personality and charisma? By trying to be perfect in other people's eyes. Take politicians. Politicians who try to be perfect in your eyes all end up being very boring. They calculate every word, every phrase, even their clothes.

This isn't a complicated post. Before, I'd be baffled as to why a few people would take issue with it. Now, I'm not surprised. There are people, most notably those in the 'seduction' mode, whose love life rolls on the wheels of security. "Perfect is boring" dumps all notions of security in your actions (and 'reactions' from others). It is one thing to forsee error, it is another thing entirely to try to calculate life without it. Ever wonder why the magic of life is disapearing? It is because you are scared of making an error. Children do not have this problem and no child would be guilty of it!

The biggest mistake one can make is to not make any mistakes. Learn from mistakes. But there is no shame in making them.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook wrote:
BTW, if someone needs to priv. msg me, do it soon. I'm running out of time.
What's up with that bro? Last I heard you disabled the PM feature from your profile due to too many people PMing you. You're going somewhere?

Cesare Cardinali

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
Pook wrote:

What's up with that bro? Last I heard you disabled the PM feature from your profile due to too many people PMing you. You're going somewhere?

Cesare Cardinali
I never disabled the PM feature. I always try to answer my PM. It may be a lag time of a day or two, but it should get answered.

Look at my registration date, old friend. I am an elderly Pook, that much is certain. I don't know anyone who has been here as long as I have, except Survivor. I'm like an old man now with a wobbly cane, arched back, shuffling feet, and my stamina isn't what it used to be. I see these young-ones on the forum, skipping about, with fast moving words and new fabled bells and whistles. When they speak, their words are fresh and arrow-like. When I speak, slow paragraphs fall flat from my mouth to the floor. The youngsters can plop twenty posts in a day and keep on going. But this old Pook can only do one wrinkely post before his sanity collapses.

But that's not to say Old Pook doesn't have new stuff in his Bag O Tricks.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah dude, you should stick around. The posts survive the test of time and make more and more sense when subjected to the rigours of day to day experience with chicks and life in general.

There's only so much "how do I know if she likes me" that this place can take.

Cesare Cardinali

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is just what this forum needs right now, but I think that people need to see that "to not be perfect" does not mean to give up on improving looks, social skills etc. I think it would be better said to make your standards somewhat attainable.

One more thing I'd like to add is a quote from my Aunt (who might have quoted someone else on it): "Music can be technically amazing and it can be insiring, but true musicians are technically amazing and still have inspiration."

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your post uses erroneous examples to illustrate your 'perfect is boring' idea. All you're saying is that you can have the perfectly developed body, career, wealth, possessions etc but you can still be boring.
This has nothing to do with perfection being tedious, nor has it anything to do with the flaws of shakespeare, milton etc making them attractive. What you're really saying is that women aren't attracted to physical beauty or material wealth but an interesting persona. It's completely possible to be technically perfect and still be interesting. Just don't be predictable.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Notice that all of the most effective fictional characters are somewhat imperfect. Who can identify with a character who is steel fisted, witty, charismatic, athletic, handsome/beautiful, able to charm anyone, genius IQ, at the top of his or her class since kindergarden, self made millionare, ect. To me, the most popular fictional characters are the ones who do have weaknesses. Sherlock Holmes, for instance is a drug addict and wasn't the most charming of dudes. Arthur Dent, can hold his own against the crazy stuff he gets pulled into but he can still be upstaged by the more eccentric supporting characters. Luke Skywalker, while totally likeable is not considered as sexy as Han Solo. Captain Picard is the smartest Enterprise captain of them all, but he's also considered by many, the dullest. Alex, in A Clockwork Orange, for all his cleverness and charisma, couldn't foresee the treachery and betrayal of his droogs. Best example of them all, Frodo Baggins, who except for the fact that he happened to carry the Ring, he was nobody special at all.
Moral of the story, having weaknesses is part of being human (or hobbit). It's true, "You can please some people all of the time, and all of the time some of the people."

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
The youngsters can plop twenty posts in a day and keep on going. But this old Pook can only do one wrinkely post before his sanity collapses.
Pook, we like the quality of your posts, not the quantity that you can generate. Also, nobody is penetrating the subject of how women behave as well as you are. Even Anti-Dump barely scratched the surface of understanding women. The community always welcomes your knowledge on this area of discussion.

Maximus_Decimus

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading your thread, I'd like to say that If Mr.Perfect had a sense of humour &/or occasionally did goofy things the chicks would not drop him inspite of his perfection.

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I interpret this (GREAT) post is this:

Don't try to come off as the "perfect" suave Don Juan with all the right answers and all the right moves. All this talk about reading palms, pulling out a deck of cards, and patterning sounds totally wrong to me.

Instead, talk and act "from your gut"...you need to let your individuality shine through and have a "I don't give a sh*t attitude" about what others think of you or even whether you get laid.

From personal experience, the biggest mistake is trying to appear "perfect" to the girl. Why? Because you are who you are, and if you adopt a carefree attitude and see yourself as a prize, then she WILL submit to you (if she finds you attractive).

In short, do not be confused into thinking we are striving for perfection in the eyes of a woman. Rather, strive for perfection in other areas of your life...those areas that you are truly passionate about...and see woman as something to entertain you and keep you company (love?) along the way.