• Ok idea...

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Brady is the first one done. I didn't see him. Then it's probably the 45 year-old virigin. Then pradeeb.

The previews show Alvaro and the flame sticking around. Same the chinese guy.

Alvaro (if he cut his hair), Brady and the flame look normal. The fat guy looks like fun to hang out with, but maybe because I always associate fat guys with funny. And the other guy is just weird. See how he's hunchback? Poor guy.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
If an ugly Mofo like J-Dog can get laid, anyone can.

Mostly, it's about having confidence and the right attitude.

Look at the guys that went in the bar first - they were coming from a position of neediness, had no social skills, and that one poor bastard who was a decent looking guy stood on "Death Row" all night and didn't even approach.

Now, contrast that to when Mystery, Matador and J-Dog entered the Venue.
You could tell that as uncomfortable as the first group felt, they felt exactly the opposite in the venue. They had the attidude like "This is my house, and every piece of ass in here is mine"

Much of that comes from experience, and from the confidence that successes brings.

Women can smell desperation and geekeness from a mile away.

It's about confidence and having the stronger frame.

And that comes from experience and of course, success, and not watching TV shows or reading PUA forums.

Get out there and approach.

Crash and burn and learn.

And to repeat what I said earlier - I would rather become the type of Man who seduces women, as opposed to learning tricks and tactics on how to seduce women.

There is a clear difference between the two.

If watching the show helps you, then watch it. If not, then don't.

Mystery has game, and gets results, but I think there are better ways than his method, and that is the direction I've taken and it's been very rewarding to me not just personally, but professionally as well.

92 GSR-4

Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple key points I would like to make. First, I think the show is good. For one, to get a VISUAL on some live sarging, so maybe we can see some of our own flaws. I know I actually saw some things the guys did on the show that I have tried before. Like trying to just make conversation, and then of course I get frozen out of the set.

I would also point out that this is a GREAT inspiration. We get to watch these guys change. How many threads have you read on this site, where a guy is going through the bootcamp or wants to make 1000 approaches, and keeps a day-to-day log? And how did it make you feel? For me it was exciting and motivates me to sarge and keep improving. The show excites me the same way, because we actually get to watch these guys transform, and realize we can do it ourselves.

Last, I've already mystery's eBook and just got his book from Amazon. I've also read Neil Strauss' "The Game" as well as some other material from them both. The reason they give you canned material is BECAUSE it works, and it builds confidence in low self-esteem men. After you gain your confidence, you will naturally start including random sh*t you thought up on your own. Success breeds confidence. Fake it 'till you make it. If that means using canned lines...so be it. They work, and I know because I've used it.

92 GSR-4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah. So far I'm rooting for the "boxer" dude with the curly hair. He was the most energetic and excited about learning this stuff. And the fact that he froze in the club like that....that is ME ME ME! So I really think he will explode and do well. Just my $.02!!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
And to repeat what I said earlier - I would rather become the type of Man who seduces women, as opposed to learning tricks and tactics on how to seduce women.

There is a clear difference between the two.

If watching the show helps you, then watch it. If not, then don't.

Mystery has game, and gets results, but I think there are better ways than his method, and that is the direction I've taken and it's been very rewarding to me not just personally, but professionally as well.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who isn't all about the "community." All these guys need are social skills and they'll get a long way. Add in some wit and knowing how to talk to women and they're golden...it's really that simple.

arabgangsta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think the whole pickup community will slowly become mainstream. People will watch the show everytime its on, become curious about and slowly begin to gain an interest in it. They will do a search for pua,seduction etc and find a message board. The world is going to become alot more competivtive and quite frankly women won't open up to you much, they will just brush you off point out tactics you have used and just tell you to get away from them.

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
arabgangsta said:
Personally, I think the whole pickup community will slowly become mainstream. People will watch the show everytime its on, become curious about and slowly begin to gain an interest in it. They will do a search for pua,seduction etc and find a message board. The world is going to become alot more competivtive and quite frankly women won't open up to you much, they will just brush you off point out tactics you have used and just tell you to get away from them.
I agree things will get real tough for a lot of people using the material but I dont see this happeing anytime soon but in a year or two for sure. We will see a lot of people writing PU ebooks and videos because it will be a huge $$$ maker.

Pedro011

Reaction score
The show was very entertaining. The link http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Dating4Men/~3/141123504/httpwwwdating4mencom-73680-08-06-2007.mp3 is even more entertaining.

I think they are being trained to be boat cruise hosts. I think that Mystery is being portrayed as an Ahole.

The canned lines will become famous among "What's a girl like you..." and other over publicized lines. ( That's if people bother to watch the show. )

Its true that "inner game" is important. Definitely the guys in the show need a lot of that. But so does everyone on this planet.

As a witness of the growth of the net from nothing. I thought that the availability off all this information would make people super smart. It looks like MMORPG's, flaming forums, and a flood of misinformation is having the opposite effect. Maybe the same applies to the community issue.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Google buddy. Besides, that's not the point, it's the fact that he may have "goth eyeliner" but he still consistantly gets women and he knows what he's doing. But really, anyone who thinks "goth eyeliner" would actually affect your game, probably doesn't have much game themselves. If ANYTHING it would improve your game because you're standing out, you're not ordinary. If anything the "Goth eyeliner" would make them more interested. It's called peacocking. And thinking you get laid more then someone like Mystery is also a big claim. That doesn't mean you're not good, it's just, dude, Mystery's a freaking celebrity.
okay, I asked you to back it up, all you have done was point me in the direction of some videos of him picking up girls. GREAT, AWESOME, a video of mystery getting a girl. Getting girls is a pretty nromal thing to do and theres nothing amazing about getting girls attention in a bar and her phone number.

Now what is amazing is being able to consistenly get layed with a low rate of rejection. THe videos you point me to do not show he gets layed with a low rate of rejection, they just show him hooking up with a girl THAT WE ARE ASSUMING HE IS GOING TO LAY, yet the videos dont actually show that. Lets please not make conclusions that go beyond the scope of what those videos actually show please.

furthermore, before you can say mystery gets more ***** than most guys on this site, your going to need to do 2 things:

-figure out exactly how much ***** mystery gets. His videos are questionable evidence since we are assuming hes laying these chicks, the videos dont actually prove hes laying the women.

-figure out how much ***** most guys on this site get. this will be hard unless you enter into everyones personal life and document their success.

once you do this, youll need to compare mystery's success with what you found about most guys on this site's success. and see if mystery is doing significantyl better. Now back to extraordinary evidence: CAN YOU DO THESE 2 THINGS? I didnt think so, so please keep quiet about how mystery is superior to everyone on this site. Im sure there are plenty of dudes on this site that far exceed mystery's ability; its almost a statistical certainty. I know I ve already layed women more attractive than the ones I see him talking to in his vidoes, and thats just me.

now about peacocking: theres no correlation between having good game VS bad game and weither or not you stand out from the ordinary. You can look ordinary and be very attractive to women, or you can stand out and be very unattractive. So please dont say its the "standing out" makes you alittle more attractive. peacocking is a flawed hypothesis presented by the flawed mystery mind.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
He seems to have the edge: he's built well, he's somewhat ****y, and he's not an ugly or geeky chap.

The guy who goes first: the white kid with glasses. But, he'll likely end up founding his own computer company.
The curly hair guy and the guy that looks like Brady Quinn look like they have the best chance.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
okay, I asked you to back it up, all you have done was point me in the direction of some videos of him picking up girls. GREAT, AWESOME, a video of mystery getting a girl. Getting girls is a pretty nromal thing to do and theres nothing amazing about getting girls attention in a bar and her phone number.

Now what is amazing is being able to consistenly get layed with a low rate of rejection. THe videos you point me to do not show he gets layed with a low rate of rejection, they just show him hooking up with a girl THAT WE ARE ASSUMING HE IS GOING TO LAY, yet the videos dont actually show that. Lets please not make conclusions that go beyond the scope of what those videos actually show please.

furthermore, before you can say mystery gets more ***** than most guys on this site, your going to need to do 2 things:

-figure out exactly how much ***** mystery gets. His videos are questionable evidence since we are assuming hes laying these chicks, the videos dont actually prove hes laying the women.

-figure out how much ***** most guys on this site get. this will be hard unless you enter into everyones personal life and document their success.

once you do this, youll need to compare mystery's success with what you found about most guys on this site's success. and see if mystery is doing significantyl better. Now back to extraordinary evidence: CAN YOU DO THESE 2 THINGS? I didnt think so, so please keep quiet about how mystery is superior to everyone on this site. Im sure there are plenty of dudes on this site that far exceed mystery's ability; its almost a statistical certainty. I know I ve already layed women more attractive than the ones I see him talking to in his vidoes, and thats just me.

now about peacocking: theres no correlation between having good game VS bad game and weither or not you stand out from the ordinary. You can look ordinary and be very attractive to women, or you can stand out and be very unattractive. So please dont say its the "standing out" makes you alittle more attractive. peacocking is a flawed hypothesis presented by the flawed mystery mind.
Defensive much. Go outside or something because it's clear you take the internet too seriously. I would continue arguing with you, but there's really no point.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Defensive much. Go outside or something because it's clear you take the internet too seriously. I would continue arguing with you, but there's really no point.
Didn't know you were pinch hitting for Deus...

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw the show last night, had to respond.

-It's nice that these guys are going out and at least trying to talk to women (in the beginning), but they're completely missing the point.

Your life (and your self esteem) shouldn't be hanging in the balance everytime you talk to someone seeking their approval. They lost from the beginning!!

It wouldn't be as exciting of a show, but they need to build themselves up, build their social skills up, and then go out into an environment that they're comfortable in. Go to Comic Con. Go to a computer convention. Why go to a formulaic bar everytime trying to pick up random girls?

It'd be great to see these guys persue their *own* interests, in their own settings, and watch them blossom.

These guys aren't completely hopeless, the curly hair guy probably has the biggest edge on all of them, he sort of looks and acts like a frat guy.

But these guys need social skills. They need to be comfortable with themselves. They need to be comfortable around people. That's 80% of it.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GoSens said:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You say that they're missing the point, and that they need social skills and a feeling of comfort around others. Ultimately that's where they're headed though by being on the show, so what's your point?
I think he means they should look at the bigger picture. They shouldn´t seek validation from women, but become men of high value and strong inner game, so that women come to seek validation from them. However I think it´s good that mystery pushed them into the cold water first so that they get out of their comfort zones.

btw: I don´t think Mystery is anything special. Anybody could do what he does. Mystery makes it look so easy because he devoted his life to picking up women. He went out five nights a week by himself only to try to pick up women. The only thing that seperates this man from those guys in the show is lots of field experience.

Reaction score
GQ_Confidence_1 said:
These guys aren't completely hopeless, the curly hair guy probably has the biggest edge on all of them, he sort of looks and acts like a frat guy.
Do you mean the boxer? I'm surprised that this guy is so popular. Perhaps compared to the other contestants, you could say he has a slight edge, but I hope people would not aspire to be this guy. To me, he is an immature, loud, uncultured douche bag - the antithesis of a cool Don Juan.

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
GoSens said:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You say that they're missing the point, and that they need social skills and a feeling of comfort around others. Ultimately that's where they're headed though by being on the show, so what's your point?
The guys need a foundation first, throwing them into a club the way they are would be like throwing an amateur into a pro boxing match.

I watched the show again last night, and some of the guys reminded me so much of movie characters..

-The 45 year old virgin is a dead ringer for Rick Moranis.
-The gay blonde guy looked like a shorter Owen Wilson
-Pradeep was almost textbook indian guy (kumar, from harold and kumar)

The tall lanky guy with light hair had terrible posture and very awkward movements.

If I saw Alvaro (the curly haried guy) on the street, I'd almost bet he had a girlfriend or at least could get numbers. He seems out of place with the rest of them.

Brady might be the next highest on the list. He looks like the guy from beauty and the geek who hooked up with jenny lee.

On that show, the guys could show their personalities and you saw them open up in their own way.

I wonder what the makeovers will do for the guys on this show.

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell are they showing the show 10 times a day on 3 different channels?

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I think he means they should look at the bigger picture. They shouldn´t seek validation from women, but become men of high value and strong inner game, so that women come to seek validation from them. However I think it´s good that mystery pushed them into the cold water first so that they get out of their comfort zones.

btw: I don´t think Mystery is anything special. Anybody could do what he does. Mystery makes it look so easy because he devoted his life to picking up women. He went out five nights a week by himself only to try to pick up women. The only thing that seperates this man from those guys in the show is lots of field experience.
Cool. Another guy who "gets it" especially your sig, which didn't get quoted in this post, so I'll post it here:

"I don´t use neg hits to lower someone elses value. I use compliments to raise someone elses value to my level."

Exaclty. Negs are lame. They are done to bring a girl down to the guys level, and she knows it. These guys who use "negs" are basically saying "You're better than me, so I have to try to "neg" you to bring you down to my level"

I had some guy the other night tell me that you can't compliment girls, especially 9
s and 10's, as doing so gives away your power, that she's heard it before, that you have to feign disinterest, etc...

I later proved him wrong by approaching a HB 9.5, telling her she was gorgeous, that I would like to get to know her to see if she is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside, and did so directly, without any lame opinion opener or BS like that.

It was sincere, and not some canned BS, and her hands were literally shaking and she kept saying "Oh my god" over and over. It had a profound affect on her.

Let's see some opinion opener do that.

Mystery Method as a whole is a crutch and a shortcut which will not get you long term results, but may get you LSE, drunken party girls.

And the novelty of "Peacocking" will wear off about the same time that the liquor and drugs do.

A drunk chick at a dance club might think the fuzzy top hat and makeup on a guy looks cool, but will she think so the next day, when she's sober, in the light of the day?

Or do you think some HSE, successful, professional type of woman at an upscale event or venue would be impressed by some guy "Peacocking" and looking like a clown? Hell no.

Part of the point of Peacocking is to stand out from the crowd and to show that you are confident.
I do that with my actions, not by dressing like some confused fag.

I've been in "The Community" off and on for about 10 years now and have dabbled in just about every method out there: SS, NLP, C&F, MM, PU 101, DYD, etc...

It comes down to this:

You can learn a bunch of tricks and tactics like "The Cube" for example and stuff that tens of thousands of other guys are using, which will get you limited results with a limited demographic, or you can develop yourself into becoming the type of person that has people naturally gravitating towards towards them, including hot women, as well as seeing success happen in all parts of their lives, not just with women.

One method doesn't take a whole lot of time, effort and work compared to the other, but the other will be far more satisfying and will last a lifetime.

MM is fine for these guys that have *zero* game and/or social skills, but if someone is going to use MM, use it as a stepping stone to boost your confidence so you can move on, and then throw away the "crutches"

I've met Mystery, happen to like him, and I think his method is magic, which is basically an illusion.

Mystery is a magician, magic works based on deceit and trickery, much like the MM does.

One final thought: Why didn't they show Mystery, Matador, or J-Dog at least getting a kiss close?
You know if they did, that VH1 would have shown it, right?

Also, it's my understanding that they will be sarging outside of clubs. I would like to see Mystery and Matador and JDog do some street approaches, in a "Financial District" type of neighborhood of a big city, doing some day game, and see what upscale, professional women think of these guys in their clown costumes. .

Of course, VH1 won't show you the Teacher's failures, so it's unlikely that you'll see them sarging successfully anywhere but nightclubs, where the girls are drunk and/or on drugs.

Isn't that what Mystery refers to a "fool's mate"?

Actually, Matador was the only one of the three not dressed like a fag, and he's a good-looking guy, so he would probably succeed in other venues than just clubs.

And, I wonder how much of this "reality" show is based on reality?

Anyways, even though MM goes against pretty much everything I think it takes to become a DJ (and not a PUA) I'll watch it anyways for the entertainment value, and yes, I'll admit, I may even learn something from it.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GoSens said:
You know, for a guy who's been around the community for so long, you lack a lot of credibility, and you really seem to have a poor understanding of the methods, particularly MM. It seems like every other post of yours is some sort of bash towards MM. I mean it's cool that you have your own different method that works for you, but to go on and say things like MM is based on deceit and trickery? Now you're just being ignorant.
Why don't you educate me?

MM is based in part on deciet and trickery. Dressing up, aka "Peacocking" in a way to become someone you're not, pretending to be gay at times, which brings me to my next point; feigning disinterest.
Creating false value, creating false social proof, trying to lower her value thru "negs" How about false time constraints?

Is there anything genuine and real about any of the above? Sounds rather deceitful to me.

Waiting for your answer.

Dressing like a fag, pretending not to be interested in a woman when you are, hiding your intentions, creating false value, "negging" a good looking woman? That's like negging Michael Jordan on his basketball skills, or Tiger Woods on his golf game.

Go "Neg" some hot chick like Jessica Alba or Jessica Simpson or Jessica Beil. Think she'll care? Hell no. She'll laugh at you and she'll think you're a tool.

Women aren't stupid - they know why we are approaching and talking to them. It's because we want to have sex with them.
Part of MM is game playing and manipulation, much like what women do.

Only women have been doing it far longer and with more success. You're not going to beat them at their own game, unless they have LSE, which is the type of women that not only MM works best on, but was designed for.

And that's not what women want - women want Men. Men who don't resort to tricks and gimmicks and such.

Again, might work in the short term, until the booze and drugs wears off, and then even the girls with LSE will want something more.

Again, I would rather become the type of person who seduces women because of who I am than to be the type of person who uses tricks and gimmicks and routines to get women.

One way is harder and takes more effort than the other, but is far more rewarding and fulfilling.

Using someone else's routines to seduce women is about as AFC as it gets.

I have nothing against Mystery. I've met him, think he's a cool guy, but his method is a shortcut and can actually be counter-productive to your growth as a person and your progression as a DJ

It's his method I don't agree with.

Some people get that, others don't. The one's who don't will be the one's waiting for the next big thing, the next set of DVD's or ebook or whatever that is the next "magic bullet" that will make them irresistible to women.

And the cycle repeats over and over and over.

In 10 years, I've seen them all - RJ, DD, RSD, MM PU101, you name it, I've seen it.

And the method that works best is the one you create, based on your skills, your strengths, your weaknesses. The problem with all these various methods is that there is no "one size fits all"
What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. Unless you have the cash to spend on a one-on-one workshop with one of these "gurus" who will tailor his method to your strengths and weaknesses, you're wasting your time and money. Even then, who knows you better than yourself? Mystery or you?

MM works well for Mystery, and it works on certain types of girls. Usually, drunken party girls, strippers, and other LSE women.

Anyone who has ever dated a Stripper knows what a nightmare they are, how much drama they bring to the relationship, etc...

Been there, done that, never will again.

The reason why many of my posts are derogatory of MM is because MM is all the rage at the moment. If RJ was the talk of the town right now, much like he was at one time, then I would be educating people about him as well.

Mystery and all these other guys are getting rich at the expense of guys who lack social skills to get and keep women.

Speaking of, did you read Style's book? Mystery himself has little trouble getting women, but has problems being able to keep them.

Because after the facade has been stripped away, the routines, the gimmicks, the makeup, the clothes, has anything on the inside changed?

Back to Style's book, Mystery is basically an insecure guy who seduces women to get validation from women. And when he doesn't get it, he goes into deep depression.

Ask yourself this: Are you seducing women because you enjoy it, or are you seducing women for the validation that comes from it and them?

Or both?

MM will get you short term results with a certain type of women, but is it any great feat to take home some drunken party girl?

Or do you want more than that out of life?

That's not what being a "DJ" is about. Anyone here remember what it is about?

Oh, I can also write more about this subject, about how a big part of MM is about creating fake social proof, creating fake high value, trying to lower her value with "negs"

If you like, I can post directly from his own products, although it may violate some copywrites, but the bottom line is, MM is in fact based on creating an illusion of who and what you are, and how others perceive you, much like his magic tricks.

And in the long run, MM will actually prevent you from progressing as a Man, and being a Man is about being genuinely confident and not having a fragile ego like Mystery does.

Again, I'm not a "Hater" I just don't like the deceit and fakery that his method calls for at times.

Wouldn't matter if it's Mystery, or RJ, or DavidD, or anyone else - it's the method I have the problem with, not the Man.

And instead of going out 4x per week and approaching 12 women per night, I'll spend that time on personal development, in ways which will benifit me not only with women, but with other aspects of my life, personal and professional, as it already has. The promotion and hefty raise I just got sure was nice, and it's not something I would have gotten from MM, RJ, DD, RSD etc...

Besides, who the hell has time to go out 4 nights per week and sarge?

Identify and fix your inner game issues, and the rest will all fall into place.

Again, no one knows you better than you, so instead of paying some guy who dresses up like a gay pirate to teach you about you and what you should do to get women, take a deep look into your own self, identify and fix your inner game issues and like I said, the rest will take care of itself.

No need for expensive MM, NLP, SS, DYD, RSD or any of that other stuff that promises much, but delivers little.

And again, none of these "Gurus" even managed a kiss close, which anybody with basic game can get from drunken party girls at a club.

And you know if they did, VH1 would have shown it, but since they didn't, it's likely none of the "gurus" even managed that.

Now, you tell me - have you taken a MM seminar? Gamed girls in clubs? Pulled girls on the same night out of clubs? Kissed girls in clubs within 5 minutes of meeting them?

I have many times, except the part of taking a MM seminar, and can tell you, it's easy to do and not some great feat.