Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mystery is a true DON JUAN - he is a pure genius

sexybeast

Don Juan
Reaction score
It has to come off as direct, going right up to the front of her, with a confident/warm genuine smile and gazing eye contact. Has to be both, as if u say it without enthusiasm...then thats what u'll get in return. Most guys do it in a "Approval seeking, supplicating"...they don't do it direct...they'll just go to the side. Thats why it doesn't work well if u do it that way
Very well said, so true.

ToughLove

Banned
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
I like to call it a "stating the obvious" opener

other guys dont it!!!! they get nervous and sound chumpish!!!

go up to her and tell her how beautiful she is and say it with ****in CONFIDENCE!!! trust me, ive done it before and their faces light up

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IWillReturnsoon said:
I would beg to differ from my experience ;-). It has to come off as direct, going right up to the front of her, with a confident/warm genuine smile and gazing eye contact. Has to be both, as if u say it without enthusiasm...then thats what u'll get in return. Most guys do it in a "Approval seeking, supplicating"...they don't do it direct...they'll just go to the side. Thats why it doesn't work well if u do it that way.

When you say you "go right up to the front of her...." do you mean square shouldered face to face? When you do this are you smiling? Are you wearing a suit? Do you have $100.00 bills hanging out your chest pocket?

I can see some girls enjoying a direct approach, but for the most part it would freak the hell out of them! If they had friends around them what do you do when they start to laugh?

And my Most important Q is what do you say after a shocking opener like that?!... "I mean it your are...” or "True Story"

Where do you go after an opener like that and how in the hell isn't it going to scare the poop out of her?

Never do a straight in approach! Always work your way in with your shoulder turned into them. DON'T Stare and lose the smile after the opener...

I call BS on the "you’re beautiful" straight forward approach.
!

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aight man go on and lick mystery's balls now haha

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the big deal with Mystery all of the sudden? It's like he is the greatest thing since fresh sliced bread. Pretty soon everyone is gonna want to look and think like him. Then, everybody is gonna be a fvcking mystery. :rolleyes:

Everything he says or trys to show the young guns is what we already know. Or should know if you actually read the Bible!!

art of

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently reading through Mystery Method, and caught the first two episodes of his show online. Its good stuff id say. His reasoning is sound and nothing so far seems to contradict the DJ bible. Although the show doesn't contribute much do to its strong dependence on the standard reality tv formulas (household conflicts and stupid minigame trials) the few minutes of actual lessons are good (although thus far summed up better in the bible). His texts raise questions and cause the reader to think about his opinions. Reading them seems to be a sound investment of time.

Hes an entertainer, and I think its admirable that he's able to apply that to the field of teaching people who wish to become a DJ.

A lot of people don't get the whole peacocking idea. He's just trying to tell you to dress in a way that makes you stand out and allows women to have easy openers of their own. Mystery doesn't want you to dress like a clown if your going to feel like a clown. It seems to me as more of a way of conveying the message "look at me and how I dress, I am confident in myself, I do not need the validation of others."

Although this seems to be the first difference you might notice when assessing the merits of the mystery method, there are plenty of tips that are worthwhile in there. Read his works like you would any other persons. Admit that he's probably more successful than the majority of you out there and then judge whether adapting his methods to fit into your game will help or hinder you.

IWillReturnsoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you say you "go right up to the front of her...." do you mean square shouldered face to face?
No..directly facing her...all ur body is facing her.

When you do this are you smiling? Are you wearing a suit? Do you have $100.00 bills hanging out your chest pocket?
Smiling, a good look to you and thats it.

I can see some girls enjoying a direct approach, but for the most part it would freak the hell out of them!
Where is ur evidence of a solid direct approach that results in them being freaked out? The best word is Caught off Guard. What woman expects to be approached by a suave guy in the middle of the day randomly? This causes them to be nervous, in a good way, not because they're scared...but because they don't know how to handle the situation. They are dazzled but are overwhelmed...its alot for them. As long as u have a smile on ur face and look at them deep in the eyes...they'll be more relaxed and even happier.

If they had friends around them what do you do when they start to laugh?
Laugh with them and continue what you are doing. Simple. Sure, some girls won't think ur serious(Ive had a few older women simply walk away after i went up to them thinking i wasn't serious since i was almost 1/2 their age)..but u gonna let that stop u from going up to the next girl? i hope not.

And my Most important Q is what do you say after a shocking opener like that?!... "I mean it your are...” or "True Story"
1) Introduce yourselves
2) Ask her a question
3) Go into more detail of why she is beautiful in your eyes.

Where do you go after an opener like that and how in the hell isn't it going to scare the poop out of her?
Ur confusing fear with being overwhelmed. Its a very good thing for them to be overwhelmed and nervous. Think about this, if you were in a store one day randomly and then a beautiful woman comes up to you wanting to meet you...wouldn't u be caught off guard and nervous at the start? I know i would...but i'd be attracted to her. Same with the females....they are just overwhelmed and its ur job to rescue them out of that feeling.

Never do a straight in approach! Always work your way in with your shoulder turned into them.
Disagree with this 125%. You want to face them directly. It shows power and confidence off the bat. How many guys honestly do this? Most do it from the side from the way u describe.

DON'T Stare and lose the smile after the opener...
The correct word is Gaze. And yes, u want to gaze in her eyes at the start...and keep a pleasant expression on ur face. It'll have her smile comfortably too.

I call BS on the "you’re beautiful" straight forward approach.
And where's ur proof? Cuz Mystery says not to? Have u tried it? If not...then u have no credibility with it being BS.

I'm currently reading through Mystery Method, and caught the first two episodes of his show online. Its good stuff id say. His reasoning is sound and nothing so far seems to contradict the DJ bible. Although the show doesn't contribute much do to its strong dependence on the standard reality tv formulas (household conflicts and stupid minigame trials) the few minutes of actual lessons are good (although thus far summed up better in the bible). His texts raise questions and cause the reader to think about his opinions. Reading them seems to be a sound investment of time.

Hes an entertainer, and I think its admirable that he's able to apply that to the field of teaching people who wish to become a DJ.

A lot of people don't get the whole peacocking idea. He's just trying to tell you to dress in a way that makes you stand out and allows women to have easy openers of their own. Mystery doesn't want you to dress like a clown if your going to feel like a clown. It seems to me as more of a way of conveying the message "look at me and how I dress, I am confident in myself, I do not need the validation of others."
Good points, but i think he shouldn't had them do the black nail polish for one. But the frat boy looking guy def had the best style out of everyone. He looked like a suave guy even if he was on the overweight side.

Although this seems to be the first difference you might notice when assessing the merits of the mystery method, there are plenty of tips that are worthwhile in there. Read his works like you would any other persons. Admit that he's probably more successful than the majority of you out there and then judge whether adapting his methods to fit into your game will help or hinder you.
Well said. Its for some people and is not for other people. Depends if its something that fits with u.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not attacking you personally so please calm down. I am only replying to the approach. I am only trying to help, but if you feel you don't need it than by all means forget I wrote anything. If this is working for you than do it.

However; it gives them all the power. The moment you make them know you are interested in them that much (body and eyes straight in & flat out saying "your beautiful") than you have no more power.

You just told her that you put her on a pedestal and she can walk all over you. The only outcome of this approach is her knowing another guy thinks she is beautiful.

I think your confidence is good, but it is very cut and dry. And the second line has to be good. But no matter what you say she knows you like her way to much. Unless you fell head over heals for her than I would avoid this approach.

I don't see it going any further than giving her all the power and close out all the other people in the group. And when you leave there is only going to be negative hits on you (if in a group).

Yes it takes balls to approach like this, but it doesn't take finesse and style. It also doesn't leave you much room to maneuver or adapt. It also cuts out all possibility to neg hit, or exit with any face.

I.E.

You square up with a good look to you, and gaze in to a HB8’s eyes. You walk directly up to her ignoring her friends. You say in a deep confident voice “Your Beautiful”! ….

…wait for it….

Her friends: “chuckle”

You turn Gaze in her friend’s eyes: “chuckle”

They all stop chuckling and just stare at you….

…wait for it…

You look back at HB8 and ask: “what’s your name”

Her friends grab her and say: “I have to tell you something in the bathroom”

Her Boyfriend and friends grab you drag you out back…

… Wait for it…

Beat the F’n Chit out of you…

OK I’m being drastic here but you have to see that a direct approach like that is like rushing head in against a heavy weight boxer and you just might get the same outcome.

Could this approach work it might get you to one place better than the situation I just gave. IT could get her to think you’re confident. It will get you to the point that she knows you find her beautiful.

SO I ask again where do you go from here? Friend Zone! CHUMP Zone! This approach will not win respect from her or her friends. And you lose all face.

Use that same confidence to approach but just use other methods that don't give all your power away.

Itiswhatitis

Don Juan
Reaction score
he wuz on Conan and Conan Obrein made him look like a complete clown.The audience laughed at him and the the guest were mocking him.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Itiswhatitis said:
he wuz on Conan and Conan Obrein made him look like a complete clown.The audience laughed at him and the the guest were mocking him.
Did you guys see "The Soup" this week? The host talks about the world's #1 pickup artist, "Mystery" and then you immediately see a clip of Mystery looking into the camera with a mysterious, serious air saying "Mystery". Very funny indeed.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you strip away all the comical aspects and the eccentricities that work for Mystery, it becomes evident that the guy really has figured out a lot about the male-female social dynamic.

There is much to be learned from him if you can overlook the showboating.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
If Mystery's goal was to be successful attracting women , then he is a success. SO he might be ineffective in relationships, who knows. One thing for sure is he has made a living out of seducing women and teaching other people how to do the same.

If we are concerned or spiteful of someone else's approach, we hinder our own progress. Has all the hating on Mystery around here helped anyone succeed with women?

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Mystery Has it down. No hating here. I have talked about him before on other posts. I first heard of him from reading Rolling Stones.

The author did a piece on him and other PUAs and afterward he had to interview Brittney Spears "pre-fed" and he couldn't get her to open up. She went to the bathroom and he choose to change his game and use what he learned from Mystery and not only did he get Spears to open up he got her crushing (I think he even got her personal #, but not sure been a while).

He said Screw the interview he was more excited to see that what he learned from the PUA article actually worked and with somebody he would never have dreamed was possible.

Anyway Mystery is just using the same things that we are only he has streamlined it for him self just like each and every one of us should do. Also you learn a lot from teaching so I am sure the fact that he see's so many people’s issues and has to come up with the solution has helped his game as well.

If I had anything bad to say about any of this hype it would be that it is getting to be to big. Last night I heard something about Mystery on every channel I changed it to. Honestly. I was watching some news stuff and they did a cover story of one of Mystery’s students including a guy who wrote a book about it all. Than I changed it over to FOX and there was a show called red eye on and they were talking about it. The girls on there said that Mystery was on to something. That they hated the "Pick UP Line" but thought the NEG HITS were interesting and that they couldn't stop thinking about them.

SO yea.. NO Hate'n Here.

Sarge On!

Adrian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The damn bastard stole his appearance from me but otherwise I respect him a great deal. Good role model for the young cats.

IWillReturnsoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
zerocelcius said:
I am not attacking you personally so please calm down.
I know, im just have to debate. And im not mad, im just defending my viewpoints. :)

I am only replying to the approach. I am only trying to help, but if you feel you don't need it than by all means forget I wrote anything. If this is working for you than do it.
Not only that but it can work for many other guys. I fail to see Mystery's logic of doing direct is bad, with his style...u try to demonstrate higher value...but u already are a DHV..u got nothing to prove. Why try to put up a front or a mask? Why not just be honest with who you are? She'll fall in love with the mask but not yourself.

However; it gives them all the power.
That is definitely false. Girls do the choosing no matter which method you do. They have the choice, but how is it giving them power if u go up to them and state ur interest? Thats power in itself...because u are going for what u want and do not care about getting rejected at all...which is the #1 fear of approaching. But this goes beyond just rejection.

The moment you make them know you are interested in them that much (body and eyes straight in & flat out saying "your beautiful") than you have no more power.
I would have to disagree with this, what you are doing is very powerful. Doing indirect actually puts them on a pedastal i would say much more, because ur "Trying to appear" that u aren't into them....which means...u are resorting to routines...which puts them on a pedastal...as u want to avoid rejection...rather than let it happen if it does...even if she wasn't interested at all in the first place.

You just told her that you put her on a pedestal and she can walk all over you. The only outcome of this approach is her knowing another guy thinks she is beautiful.
Which women absolutely want. They want to be reaffirmed that they are beautiful...even if its 100 guys...a very beautiful woman's worst fear is not believe that she is beautiful. Trust me, imagine a very hot girl never got approached, and never got told she was very attractive anymore...she would have low self asteem and freak out.....but to most of the guys who do it, they do it either half assed, lacking enthusiasm, or in a supplicating way. If you do it while being very self assured and charming....she'll melt, be shocked, and be urs.

I think your confidence is good, but it is very cut and dry. And the second line has to be good.
It should be simple, and cut and dry....i fail to understand whats cut and dry about it? It is just simple...thats all it needs to be. Also..about the second line...how does it have to be good? U've done a big step already...now u take it from there. Too many guys believe things have to always be good...but in reality...it just needs to be enough. Girls aren't that analytical. Also depends on how u say things, obviously.

But no matter what you say she knows you like her way to much.
How waaay too much? As long as ur not fawning over her. U've qualified her looks, the attitude is: "I find you beautiful and I choose you" Women want to be wanted for their looks...its why they try to look good....they want to be thought of lustfully. Which she wants but won't admit it. If your talking about some girls who act high maintenance/stuck up....they are usually like that because they'll get approached by either

A) Players who use corny pick up lines
B) Guys who fawn over them
C) Guy who try to seem like he's not hitting on her
D) A regular joe

Rarely if ever will a girl be approached direct by a suave, natural, honest guy. If ever.

Unless you fell head over heals for her than I would avoid this approach.
And who said this approach entailed you falling head over heals? Ur going up to her, revealing ur interest in a very self assured way(Ive repeated this already.) Then its her choice if she reciprocates or not. It always was, no matter what method you use. She's made the choice when she first lays eyes on u whether there is ANY possibility that u could meet up in the future. Anything else is to either reconfirm it or to block it.

I don't see it going any further than giving her all the power and close out all the other people in the group.
What power are you giving to her? You are powerful urself for being a man. How does she have all the power? All ur doing is revealing ur interest in a no waste time manner...and cutting through the chase. If she doesn't accept, there are many other women who would gladly accept. She did u a favor with rejection. Not all women are right for you, no matter how hot they are. Also, you do not have to acknowledge the group at first. Sure, its a good idea to atleast acknowledge them afterwards...but its not needed to go through the group first.

And when you leave there is only going to be negative hits on you (if in a group).
From my experience....they've talked about it...but oh so in a positive way...in some instances...when i see one of their friends...they are smiling at me with a look of "I wish that happened to me".

Yes it takes balls to approach like this, but it doesn't take finesse and style.
You already have finesse and style. its the way u carry urself. It has to come off seductive and confident. Thats enough finesse and style. Anything else, i have to disagree..this doesn't have to be hard as other people make it.

It also doesn't leave you much room to maneuver or adapt. It also cuts out all possibility to neg hit, or exit with any face.
You are constantly maneuvering and adapting in the interaction. Neg hits are not needed in seduction, period. I would rather be playful and tease her naturally...rather than neg hitting. But you already have face, how can a ***** rejecting you cause u to lose face? I'd say ur face is still strong because she deep down has to respect you for what u did.

You square up with a good look to you, and gaze in to a HB8’s eyes. You walk directly up to her ignoring her friends. You say in a deep confident voice “Your Beautiful”! ….

…wait for it….

Her friends: “chuckle”

You turn Gaze in her friend’s eyes: “chuckle”

They all stop chuckling and just stare at you….

…wait for it…

You look back at HB8 and ask: “what’s your name”

Her friends grab her and say: “I have to tell you something in the bathroom”

Her Boyfriend and friends grab you drag you out back…

… Wait for it…

Beat the F’n Chit out of you…
That is ridiculous. Why would a bf honestly do that? All ur doing is approaching...u haven't touched her or anything. If a guy seriously did that, then something is wrong with him...he must be extremely jealous then. As long as u show that u respect that they are together...then nothing will happen. How often have u tried direct or are you basing this on someone else's experiences? That has never ever in my time with direct ever happened.
Most of the time, either the bf will not care(as he has trust in her) or just put his arm around her or just look u or hell even think its funny or be cool with it.

But in terms of girls laughing at u...Sure, a couple times girls have laughed...but it was in a positive way...they were in disbelief. They will look at u but its expected. One girl did ask, "Did someone bet you to say that?" Thats the closest thing to any thing like that. You don't have to acknowledge the group first..who said you had to?

OK I’m being drastic here but you have to see that a direct approach like that is like rushing head in against a heavy weight boxer and you just might get the same outcome.
That analogy right there is putting a girl on a pedastal. They are just girls. I'll say it again, u urself are powerful, because ur going for what u want without beating around the bush. Deep down girls like that but don't expect it. Who cares if u get rejected by her?

Could this approach work it might get you to one place better than the situation I just gave. IT could get her to think you’re confident. It will get you to the point that she knows you find her beautiful.
Which obviously u want her to know. Self assurance and her knowing that she's beautiful by an attractive guy is a turn on to her.

SO I ask again where do you go from here? Friend Zone! CHUMP Zone!
Its impossible to be in the friends zone with this approach the right way. She knows ur intentions and can either accept or reject. No other choice. Also, if u do it like a chump...then yes u can be in the friend's zone..but if u don't do it like a chump...then no. U can't be a chump with direct.

This approach will not win respect from her or her friends. And you lose all face.
Funny how i've gained more face from it and was seen a whole new light. :)

Use that same confidence to approach but just use other methods that don't give all your power away.
Have u honestly tried direct the right way? Because u have not explained to me how ur giving away power. Girls want to be complimented, but not to the point where its annoying or in an attempt to manipulated her into liking u(Conditional).

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything he says or trys to show the young guns is what we already know. Or should know if you actually read the Bible!!

that is the best line of this thread.

I bet there are tons of guys right now...watching there DVR so they can go out tonght and be mystery.

the guy can pull chicks..but im not going by a nickname as grown man anyways...wierd.

1. read the dj bible.
2. read it again
3. do a bootcamp
if you fail...read up on the bible
4. do a bootcamp again.

repeat until your getting laid...or have a gf.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iwillreturnsoon I started a new post 'cause we got off the topic. It is titled Direct Approach

IWillReturnsoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aright cool. But the guy who said everything is in teh bible, i say the bible needs the conversation part of it improved...since its weak, IMO.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strong identity and good looks do it for him. And he does understand the process, no doubt.

What value is this for us?

Be strong in your own identity, understand the flow, and put that understanding to use.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what do you mean? I cant remember the bible because I havent read it in three years.

the only purpose of the bible and the bootcamp is to get you to build your own confidence..to be your own man..to live life your own way.

its almost like a trick set up..the bible has nice guidlines but most of us..dont follow it..once we change our innerselfs..

im not directing this at you..by no means..but back in 2004..we organized 2 bootcamps..we had hundreds..and we had dozens of changed men because of that.

at some point between then and now..I can see this place is just loaded with people who want a quick fix..a world owes me this attitude.

the thing is..we dont need to be taught..we dont nees mystery to teach us anything.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

that is a lost art to men..

if I play hockey 2 hours a day for a month..my skills and expierence will go up greatly.

if I go out and approach 10 girls everynight for a month...by the end of the month..talking and getting women will seem like the easiest thing in the world.