Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is America heading toward the trash heap of history?

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gaspipe said:
l

Civil war? Perhaps not anytime soon. But there is a growing chasm between the haves and the have nots and the middle class is slowing disappearing in this country. the rich are indeed getting richer and the poor and the middle class are getting poorer. The disconnect between Wallstreet and the political elite in Washington is bigger than ever. The conditions are there for civil strife. Thomas Jefferson once said that revolutions are a good thing every now and then. While I dont think we will see a second American Revolution or even civil war in my lifetime I do believe that America will become fractionalized and that several states will break off particularly the larger states like Texas and California which may then lead to civil war. Things are definitely headed south unless there is a very drastic change in the political culture of this country.
California and Texas will leave the Usa and become part of Mexico, anglo americans will be kicked out and will realize that holding each other hands under the
rainbow is not something happening outside liberal's dream.

You simply cannot expect the majority of a state to accept being treated as second class citizen and respect the law of the masters.
Different cultures create different societies with different rules.
See the possible achievements,no more feminism in the land of cowboys.

Wheter you say it or not the average anglo american consider mexicans as the guys who grab the leafs and do the crappy jobs.
It's not up to me to tell people what to do or think however there are conseguences to behaviours.

This will make you realize what serbians felt when the international bully decided that they were the bad guys during the civil war and bombed
them in their own land.
It's not pleasable to take orders in your own home.

No anger or hate from me, just the desire to have people taste their own medicine.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No sorry.....contrary to the doomsday cheerleaders.....America is not going anywhere without dragging the rest of the world with it.

We have the largest economy in the world, worlds largest military and reserve currency status. If we catch a cold, the rest of the world catches pneumonia.

Reagan and Cheney proved that deficits don't matter.
Deficits matter when they negatively affect a nation's currency and its ability to sell its debt, as seen in Latin America and parts of Asia in the 1990s, and lately in Greece. This is not the case for the United States, where the dollar is not in free fall and Treasury debt remains an international draw. Indeed, during the panic investors around the world fled into dollars. The dollar remains the world's reserve currency, giving Washington enormous flexibility

Jobs and growth, not debt, are what we should focus on. The richest nation on the planet is not "broke." Because we borrow in our own currency and are backed by the biggest economy in the world, the federal government can continue borrowing, indeed borrow much more to invest in growing the economy.

If America is such a craphole, please feel free to move to 1st world paradises like China and India.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
It takes more than 20 or even 30 years to determine the answer to that question....
In the long run, we're all dead anyways. America has run deficits for most of its existence save for Andrew Jackson paying off the debt in the mid 1800s. We have defaulted, reneged, restructured....none of this impeded America's rise to power.

Japan's has the world's largest debt-to-gdp ratio yet is world's third largest economy with a high standard of living.

OTOH, the IMF is nortorious for imposing "austerity measures" on defaulting countries, which has always choked off growth, increased unemployment, and reduced tax revenues.

What we need to understand that just because its ok for individuals to tighten their belts and live within their means during recessions does not mean governments should do the same.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Killer_Demo said:
which country would be the best to live if you moved out of USA....europe? asia?

Thing is everything depends upon dollar. When that thing crashes, and it's going to pretty soon, everyone will fill the effects. I moved to Russia, I traded Miami Florida for a similar place in Russia, near sea, hot summers, mountains, it's faking beautiful, plus I get couple of snow days each year.

We can't really say this country will fare better than the other. We can only point and say this country will submit to globalist douche bags. That country is infested by globalist douche bags. Russia, it will neither submit nor it is infested, and if it's going to go out it will be with a nuclear mushroom. While in some southern American countries you could be bothered by locals as a rich gringo, here you will probably be respected.

I once come up with a term, "if you going to flea, flea to the biggest dog."

I'm faking amazed, I drive down some remote areas here, and I see black people. How the f do they get there? What the f are they doing there? How they make living? Do you speak Russian? I'm puzzled. Russia is a truly multinational society, not a melting pot like USA, but a multinational, multicultural, society. It was like this for a 1,000 years.

I left for Russia to make it, not to wait it out. I can have my American dream here without the parasitic and unconstitutional American tax system.

P.S. At this point leaving is not enough, leaving with your sperm is what counts. Those naked body scanners are designed to sterilize and cause cancers. If you could possibly go to Cuba or Brazil via boat, and from there travel by air.

^333 yo

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
thedude4242 said:
by the way what is there to do in russia?

You can get filthy rich and keep your money for example. $100,000 per year is not considered real money here. Recently a guy was stranded in the mountains in a snow storm, he burned 15 million dollars to warm his wife and child.

Every faking place you go as a tourist, Russians are respected, because they bring money. Americans are considered cheap fakers with no money.

In Russia faggits get beat up by anti fag activists and police, in America faggits are entitled to rights. Last gay parade in Moscow some fags were killed.

In America women bring men down, in Russia women beg men for sex.

Russia is a large and fun place. Come over, buy a lada, and drive it end to end in couple of years.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
You are blinded by keynesian monetary theory. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Why is it exactly that defecits do not matter?
I'm a utilitarian first, then a moralist. All you need to do is research IMF intervention in Africa and Latin America. Austerity "no free lunch" measures destroys countries. Argentina was a basket-case until they finally had the balls to kick out the IMF, implement Keynesian policies, and now they are resuming economic growth.

America has run deficits for the majority of its existence yet is a global superpower.

So I'm not exactly seeing any good real-world case example where strict adherence to balanced budgets leads to economic prosperity.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Remember, that these countries embroiled with the IMF were already in poor economic condition due to keynesian theories before "austerity" came in as an option.
That's irrelevant. How does this help your case that austerity during a recession leads to economic growth?

Would you not agree that the US is an economic basket case right now even without IMF involvmen or austerity?"
We have problems but Washington is approaching this all wrong. We need to encourage JOB GROWTH, NOT DEBT REDUCTION. JOBS that pay well enough to stimulate the economy and generate sufficient income tax revenue.

Cutting spending (which leads to job loss) and raising taxes is the last thing we need to do.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
But it is relevant....we have grown the debt by massive proportions in the last three years and to what avail?
Most of this is structural and created by policies under the Bush Administration i.e. Bush tax cuts, Iraq/Afghanistan war, Medicare Part D, bank bailout.

Contrast that with Iceland who said "fvk off" to the bankers in general and defaulted on the debts (reduction). Now they are recovering quite nicely.
Iceland has a 12 billion dollar GDP and 319,000 people. Not a very good comparison.

And I think its dangerous and irresponsible to think that we could simply default and everything will be hunky dory. Keep in mind that half of our debt is owned by U.S. citizens. We're talking individuals, pensions, retirement funds, mutual funds, state and local governments. Defaulting would have a disastrous effect on every U.S. citizen.

However, we are still getting lost in the details......my point is not that austerity is the solution, my point is that printing money is still not the solution. There is another way, but that way is led by austrian economic theory, not keynesian theory.
So what do you propose then? Until we do away with our debt-based monetary system and replace it with something workable for 6 billion people, this is the framework we will have to work within.

I see money printing as the devil we know.....a deflationary depression would cause all sorts of misery, social upheaval, and possibly a new world war. If you're ok with that all I can say is be careful what you wish for.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gaspipe said:
Lets face it. Right now things are looking quite bleak in the USA. I read a poll where a majority of Americans think we are headed towards permanent decline. This generation is experiencing the worst economy since the Great Derpression. I know many people, including some relatives of mine who are thinking of moving abroad for fear that the worst is yet to come. Is there any hope and what are some of your ideas that you think will restore the US back to its original glory?
What should be the more relevant question is, are YOU heading for the trash heap? Don't be a victim of your environment. If you see a crash coming, position yourself to be prepared for it. You can do this with the proper job, having your money in the right places, having emergency funding, contingency plans, etc.

In the great depression, not everyone was in a soup line.

Every person falls in one of two categories: Reactive, or proactive.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Default on a debt that we never should have had in the first place? Absolutely. Why should we pay interest to China or any other entity for the money we are printing up anyways?
Thing is all countries seem to be in the same sinking ship. All in debt to each other worldwide. They are just printing up fiat as a way to slow the leak in the sinking ship.

Then you have Iceland, which to me is a very big deal. They jumped the sinking ship for the first seat in the liferaft. Then you'll have other countries falling suit, such as Greece.

Eventually, every country will default on it's debt trying to gain a seat in the liferaft.

We talk about America heading towards the trash heap. All countries are doing the same thing (for the most part). We are heading to something global, imo.

This short video, while funny, is shockingly true and sums it all up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5QwKEwo4Bc

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
What fascinates me about America, is the same country responsible for so much of the world's great minds, inventors etc, could also elect a B grade actor (Reagan) and a draft dodging thick goose (George Dubbya) as Presidents.

As I say - fascinating.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To answer the OP, yes, America is heading towards a permanent fall in standard of living. I don't think we will be in a trash heap but it is obvious that we wont be the center of the world economically speaking anymore.

The gist of it is we cannot produce enough to justify our consumption. Healthy economies (like China) produce tangible goods. They use those goods to trade for things they want or buy up foreign investments. America is still on the appetite of a healthy nation but our economy is not healthy at all. We want to consume and live luxuriously but we don't produce enough. An almost non-existent manufacturing base and a large trade deficit makes it so we borrow to finance consumption. At some point people here will have to take a haircut and there are many ways it can happen. Austerity, fall in currency and purchasing power, default, are all possible. That's reality and many nations are in this same boat, but not all. Look for countries that have trade surpluses to do well and enjoy an improving standard of living.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon said:
An almost non-existent manufacturing base ....
Actually 300,000,000 Americans manage to produce over 18% of the worlds manufactured goods, while China at over 1,000,000,000 souls just recently BARELY edged past the USA in manufactured goods output.

The problem has a lot more to do with regulatory capture and progressive failure of markets than anything else.

OP, everything is headed to the trash heap, the question is when.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Actually 300,000,000 Americans manage to produce over 18% of the worlds manufactured goods, while China at over 1,000,000,000 souls just recently BARELY edged past the USA in manufactured goods output.

The problem has a lot more to do with regulatory capture and progressive failure of markets than anything else.

Our manufacturing is nothing compared to what it used to be, relative to the rest of the world and relative to our service-sector dominated economy. I dont understand how we can keep adding so many service sector jobs and try to keep it going like it is sustainable.

Zunder said:
Falcon. Welcome back.
Thanks. It has been a long time, to the point where I don't even remember much of my history here (memory very spotty for some reason). My life has changed quite a bit. But anyway, I've decided to give this site another try :)

U

user43770

bigjohnson said:

bigjohnson, welcome back.