Internet Dating 101

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Please don't say that you want DJs to post their lines so that you can use them...

Why not? It helps a brother out. We are all in different cities, different locations, it's not like we're interefering on each others turf. So What if my fellow DJ's share some lines that can help me find the girl of my dreams?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Immaculate
Why not? It helps a brother out. We are all in different cities, different locations, it's not like we're interefering on each others turf. So What if my fellow DJ's share some lines that can help me find the girl of my dreams?
"Lines" only work when they fit your personality. One would actually need a personality to say them but then again, if you have a interesting personality, typically you have your own material.

Lets say that you do have the right line or two to gain a woman's attention, then what? Are you going to have a book of lines committed to memory? Are you going to post a thread in the forum asking what to say in a particular situation? It's done all the time but personally it begins to get lame after a while.

What I'm trying to say is that being a DJ isn't done by pretending to be someone else, it's about being authentically charismatic and interesting by bringing out your own qualities. This isn't to say that you can't get "ideas" from other DJs to create your own persona, but blatantly plagiarizing someone's lines won't make you a DJ. Lines are just that, lines.

If you still feel that lines are the way to so for you, I suggest checking out Ross Jefferies Speed Seduction (SS) techniques. He has tons of neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) "patterns" you can rattle off in just about any situation. You can commit them to memory and you can be just like Ross.

^_^

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question.

I've tried online dating and failed. I got with a girl I met through a friend, and after a month I got away from her psycho arse. So I thought to myself, "Why not, you have nothing to lose". I created a profile and got a response from a cute local girl.

Now I am really not one for talking through IM or even the phone so much. Is there a good transition I can use to say, "Hey, to be honest I really dont dig the online chatting thing. Do you want to get together for coffee and I'm sure we can get to know each other a lot better" without freaking her out?

I'm not desperate, she's not the only one I have going for me at the moment, but I just want to learn how to transition from online to real life since I'm kinda new with it.

I've read through about 10 pages of this thread and I'll finish the rest. Just looking for a little input ;)

Thanks

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ^_^
...Is there a good transition I can use to say, "Hey, to be honest I really dont dig the online chatting thing. Do you want to get together for coffee and I'm sure we can get to know each other a lot better" without freaking her out?...
That's a lot like what I would say. If she freaks out, she automatically disqualifies herself with me. That's just because I like self confident, secure and adventuresome women. They're always game to a face to face meeting after a one or two of short, but interesting emails or telephone conversations.

^_^

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure about y'all but I have trouble meeting them online compared to real life. I dont know it's just more ackward when you cant have them in front of you to play and interact with.

Either way I'm following this thread to open up my horizons. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ^_^
I'm not sure about y'all but I have trouble meeting them online compared to real life. I dont know it's just more ackward when you cant have them in front of you to play and interact with....
"You rely too much on your senses young Skywalker, use the Force..."

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
francisco is sooooo right

you cant borrow someone elses lines, but you can get some basic ideas

however the main thing about 'connecting' is actualy just that !

connecting !

when you connect 2 pieces of wire; what do you do ? you bring them together, close

and you choose 2 pieces that are roughly the same size, huh ?

so what do you when talking / writing ? you listen, you pick up on what the other said, and if you are smart you only pick up on those things that will get you further in the game

you never reply to negative remarks, you find the funny stuff, the stuff that will make her mind tingle and you get a bit sexual

but you introduce this slowly

girls need for men to take it slowly;
not just foreplay also flirting

but keep it moving

remember back in junior high when you were making out with a girl; you tried to feel her here and there and she would protest and move your hand away, but each time you tried you got a little bit further ?

same principle ALL THE WAY with women, even older women

listen to her and watch her and take your clues

women want to help you move in the right direction, once we are over all this game playing

as to how what you call the transition thing;
say it out open in your profile and repeat it in your mail;

listen we can mail for months but hey lets be honest; its when we meet in person that we find out if there is any MUTUAL chemistry / attraction, right ? so i prefer a quick coffee-date some day soon

Good luck

/ scordate

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember back in my RAFC days when I memorized tons of lines and patterns for just about every occasion. I read and believed the theory behind them. It was sound because I knew about NLP from my psychology studies and it was a proven method of therapy and seemed to make sense for dating. At least until I tried the lines on a date.

The lines were so NOT of my personality, they sounded strange even to me! I'm not disproving the theory or the associated methods. I'm just saying that unless the lines are congruent with your personality and style, you'll just look like a bad actor.

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
just to give a follow up on general online dating stuff;

i've experienced that some women need to hear from you by mail in the time between you set a IRL date and the date itself

if you dont contact them they will think that you are not serious

had a girl cancel a date 3 hours before today with that explanation; obviously not a big loss, but anyway

other girlks mails in between just to keep convo flowing

that is also why you shouldnt plan for next week this week !

/ scordate

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just met one filly online who straight out gave me her phone number so that we can get together and go out dancing. It was a Wednesday and she said to call on Thursday or Friday. I've already seen her (full body pic) and she's a good HB8.5 in looks. I just need to find out if she has a personality to match.

I call her on Thursday to set up something for the following week (hey a guy gets busy y'know). I leave a brief message and my phone number and just tell her to call. Two days later (Saturday) no call so I buzz her late morning after a training ride.

ME:Hey, it's Francisco. Did I get you at a good time?
HER:Ummm, no I....
ME (Cutting in):No biggie, I'll call you later...
HER (Reacting excitedly):Oh, we're supposed to go out dancing, right?
ME (Betting she doesn't have a date for tonight):Yeah but you're busy now, don't sweat it. I'll call 'ya later. C'ya... (click).

So my plan is to call her after my afternoon ride before this other HB comes over tonight. My idea is to find out just what her IL is during this next call. I'm telling her that I'm busy this weekend (which is the truth) and see what she says about scheduling something for next week.

I'll see her reaction to my inferring that I'm seeing other women and to get a feeling about how she felt about me hanging up on her. Hey, it might seem like a game but it's truly qualifying a woman to find her true IL.

Comments?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, she called back a couple of hours later. I was busy so she left a message leaving her name and number. I'll call her on Sunday to set up something for next week. Oh well, nothing too much out of the ordinary I guess.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trying to hit this girl up on mypscae .. help me out guys with a reply to her

my message to her: what's up?..... just passing through to say Hi and all that good stuff, don't be a stranger hit me up and all will be right with the world...lol peace!!!

her reply: will do. so why will all be right with the world if i hit you up?

any advice? thanks!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gut is telling me she's a flake, something about her response doesn't seem like much IL. What's her story or post a link to her profile.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gut is telling me she's a flake, something about her response doesn't seem like much IL. What's her story or post a link to her profile.

Thanks Francisco but let's forget this one... just got this email from a hot girl from match about 7 years older than me... should I respond with something email, if so what? Or should I just call her. It took her a week to respond to my initial message to her. I thought she wasn't even going to reply to me..thanks guys.

--------------------------------
"liked the new photos you added.....but the happy ...serious....happy......serious.... ones still make me laugh!!
Interested in meeting for a drink??

I was just in warrenton *(that's the town I live in)* last night. Anyway let me know if you would like to..... my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx

I have to work late tonight and tomorrow....but I should be home after 10 pm feel free to call up till around midnight.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her and be charismatic. I know, easier said than done but whatever you sent in your original email got her attention, albeit not immediate. She probably had other dates in her pipeline.

Chat for a couple of minutes about whatever, but the key is to pique her interest a bit more so she will be a bit more interested when you two meet. Hopefully you have some out of the way places in mind to meet her. You want all of her attention on you and your venue is just a backdrop, she's there to see your show. ;)

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her and be charismatic. I know, easier said than done but whatever you sent in your original email got her attention, albeit not immediate. She probably had other dates in her pipeline.

Chat for a couple of minutes about whatever, but the key is to pique her interest a bit more so she will be a bit more interested when you two meet. Hopefully you have some out of the way places in mind to meet her. You want all of her attention on you and your venue is just a backdrop, she's there to see your show. ;)

yeah.. It seems like this girl is throwing her ***** up in the air wanting me to catch it... just need to figure out what to say when I call any ideas? I would posy her pic nut how do I attach pics to posts here?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post them on some free site that you can post pics and post a link to them.