Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you think looks don't matter...

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell do these dumbass threads keep coming up?

The bottom line is looks only gives you an audition and nothing more. The best looks and height with poor personality and social skills gets you nowhere. Think of a Brad-Pitt looking gentleman who speaks very softly, stutters, and bumbles like an idiot. Good looks, but sorry girls interpret this as worse than beta.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your arms do look a bit skinny. Everyone should work out anyway.

VeesBoss

Reaction score
But the face is fine, you say?

Your right, I have to get into better shape. I'm a lacrosse player and I'm not too sure if anyone has heard of lacrosse where I'm living now, but when I move back home I'll get into the swing of things.

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
VeesBoss said:
But the face is fine, you say?

Your right, I have to get into better shape. I'm a lacrosse player and I'm not too sure if anyone has heard of lacrosse where I'm living now, but when I move back home I'll get into the swing of things.
the gal u r with is quite pretty!

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
I disagree with you here, bud. I'm not necessarily fat myself nor that stylish, but I go up to girls, with GLASSES on and nappy ass hair, wearing everyday clothes and I can get them wanting to talk to me.
So, you're only interest in women is to get them talking to you? Dude, that's not what this post is about. It's about attracting to get laid. Who the fck just wants to talk to a woman?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm reversing my greatly skewed and unacceptable conclusion that looks matter.

Looks matter if you have nothing else going for you, and sometimes that doesn't even help.

Personality and humor trump all else.

It seems like everyday I'm asking myself how this ugly guy or that ugly guy got the woman they have, and it usually boils down to one thing, and that's personality. Women are smarter than men when it comes to what they want in a mate. They don't go by looks alone; whereas, men go only by looks and end up in crappy relationships. I have far too many ugly friends that have hot girlfriends.

You want a hot girlfriend? Learn to talk. Gain a personality. Learn to be funny, and stop criticizing everybody else.

Good luck!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like everyday I'm asking myself how this ugly guy or that ugly guy got the woman they have
Maybe that ugly guy isn't quite as ugly as you think he is. I mean, you're a guy, and (presumably) guys don't appeal to you. How can you tell what a woman would find attractive in a guy? He should be reasonably fit, but aside from that how can you really tell? I have a theory that some of these girls must be seeing some of these guys differently than I do.

Have you ever been with a girl (maybe your girlfriend or whoever) and she says something like "look how unattractive that girl is". And you're thinking in your head "are you kidding me, she is hotter than hell?". Maybe she has a somewhat quirky look but is still very appealing. Sometimes girls can't even tell when other girls are attractive.

But yeah, I agree personality trumps looks, easily.

Dice52987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Strong bump!

Anyway, think of it like this. If you were in the market for a car, and you happened to see a car that was ugly as all hell (picture the AMC Pacer), would you even bother to see the features it had? Having good looks opens more doors for you. It makes you have to do less work because the women want to see what else you have to offer. It makes them curious about you. Personality does trump looks, yes, but if you're ugly, the girl isn't going to want to get close enough to find out what your personality is like, that is UNLESS you have something else going for you (money, power/status.) It's all the same sh1t over and over. If you're lacking one thing, you make up for it with something else.

UniKKatiL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what you or a woman find attractive doesn't apply to everyone else.

UniKKatiL

Don Juan
Reaction score
So if you're some fat ugly piece of **** with rotten teeth and a bad breath you can still attract a hot women if you got DJ SKILLS? That's ****ing bull****. You can attract a women with your DJ SKILLS if you are average looking, but not ugly. Looks do matter at some point. A women would rather choose a guy she finds normal looking who has good DJ skills than a guy who is handsome but with no game.. When she finds out what great personality (DJ SKILLS) the normal looking guy has he turns into HOT in her eyes, therefor the attraction increases, and the handsome with no game turns off the women with his personality. And besides, like I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you have probably seen a hot women with some dude you call ''ugly'' but she might find him good looking. Ever thought of that?

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm so tired of this discussion...

First of all, stop dealing in absolutes! Of course someone with rotten teeth and a bad breath can't attract women. No need to discuss that.
But most guys on this forum probably look average. So let's say you are skinny and average looking. If you go to the gym and build some muscle, you will attract more women. But if you don't and instead work on your confidence and humor and convo skills, you will also get more women. The best way would be to work on both. But since it's difficult to change everything at the same time, what should you do first:

FIRST YOU GET OUT THERE AND BUILD YOUR CONFIDENCE AND CONVO SKILLS!

Why? Because an AFC who goes and dresses up and builds some muscle will be more attractive and a little bit bolder (because of the testosteron) but he is still no Don Juan because all he is is an AFC in wolves clothing.

If you start to believe to be the great catch first, you not just build inner game, your body language changes also (so more confidence also equals better looks) and on the other hand you gain selfrespect. And then self respect will automatically make you improve yourself in all areas of life, including looks.

We shouldn't tell guys just to change looks, because then they become satisfied with the results, grab some chicks and everything else stays the same. We should tell them to get the mindset of the Don Juan first, because then they will stay on the path of selfimprovement and fullfill their dreams which includes their looks.

So what it comes down to is:
1.) Looks do matter, but if you look average, you will also be much more attractive if you improve your other skills first (the world isn't just black and white)
2.) More confidence also improves your aura, which is an important part of your outer attraction and first impression.
3.) Every achivement starts with a thought (Napoleon Hill). Be successful in your mind first and then you'll automatically become successful in the world.

I think this looks discussion is more about who's right or wrong now. You should consider that the solution lies in the middle. These are all factors in a larger equation.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the video store last Tuesday and I saw this really hot girl looking at videos. She was dressed really nice, petite, and a very nice body. Next thing I know, this little midget (had to be about 5'0") comes up next to her and I realize that they are together.

This dude was short as hell. However, he was very buff. He looked at me and I looked away. I wasn't intimidated, I was just unsure on whether or not I should be staring because I think he would be considered a midget.

My mind was just racing because this guy look like he could be a munchkin and yet he was with this really hot girl. I listened to the way he talked to the cashier and how he acted around this lady and it just explained everything. He didn't drive an expensive car (although it was a stylish car, like a Honda Accord or something), but when he talked, he called the cashier "bud" and talked in a completely normal voice like he was just so certain of himself.

It was as if he had known the cashier for years. It has to be about confidence. Bigger guys like that Duff dude just seem to have this attribute because of their size. So, the results of their game seems like it's due to their size alone, but I don't think it is. I think that their size gives them confidence because they know other guys won't try them as much.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Al Moh. said:
I'm so tired of this discussion...
Be tired then. I'm the originator of this post, and I've changed my stance.

Penalty

Don Juan
Reaction score
This topic is indeed done to death but I will comment seeing as have never commented on it in the past.

I remember reading someone saying, "looks are like the perfect opener". I forget who it was so if they are reading I give props to you. This example you see of great looking girls with ugly guys is anamalous and the guy usually has something going for him other than his looks. Women CAN be won over by a strong personality just like men.

The thing is women cannot inhibit their innate physical attraction towards a person 24/7. There are always little signs. She has no control over the physiological reaction to something her eyes percieve as pleasurable. Now of course the addition to the package overall is the guys personality and how attractive that is depends on the woman.

He might have a genuine edge to his personality that draws her to him but there is always the look that comes first, the way that person holds themselves, that "perfect opener".

When a guy is physically attractive they don't even have to speak first to open a girl and I am sorry to burst some guys bubbles but a lean body that is in good shape is universally attractive and can open a variety of different types of girl (but can turn off others, however this is only because they are judging you because you go to the gym, which is HER fault not yours)

Since working out over the past few months I have noticed a definite change in the way women and myself interact. If you keep your peripheral vision open you can even spot those double takes or those longer-than-usual stares. They laugh at the stupidest things as well when you take care of yourself, seriously, my friends sister laughs at the most inane sh/it I say.

Your personality IS important guys, who you are inside DOES count for something, take pride in that. But just in the same way that a womans body has to have some appeal to you so does yours and if you are an average joe that can just mean staying hygenic and dressing the part, dressing in clothes that fit your body not ones that don't fit.

Case in point. When I wear clothes that are too big for me I look fatter than I am... alot fatter. But when I wear fitting clothing women have a better guage on the shape of my body, which goes the same for you if you wear the right clothes.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LOOK LIKE THE HULK! Just shapely, in that masculine way and it is not difficult if you aren't lazy b/astard.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
I'm reversing my greatly skewed and unacceptable conclusion that looks matter.

Looks matter if you have nothing else going for you, and sometimes that doesn't even help.

Personality and humor trump all else.

It seems like everyday I'm asking myself how this ugly guy or that ugly guy got the woman they have, and it usually boils down to one thing, and that's personality. Women are smarter than men when it comes to what they want in a mate. They don't go by looks alone; whereas, men go only by looks and end up in crappy relationships. I have far too many ugly friends that have hot girlfriends.

You want a hot girlfriend? Learn to talk. Gain a personality. Learn to be funny, and stop criticizing everybody else.

Good luck!
Well said. Glad you saw the light, man. Kudos. :up:

Belmar2009

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your physical attractiveness level has a PROFOUND impact on your quality of life as this particular researcher explains:

“A person's physical attractiveness -- the look that they're basically born with -- impacts every individual literally from birth to death,” says Dr. Gordon Patzer, dean of the College of Business Administration at Roosevelt University. He's spent 30 years studying and writing about physical attractiveness. “People are valued more who are higher in physical attractiveness. As distasteful at that might be, that's the reality.”

So, you have my vote,...looks matter.

Not to mention, take a look around you. MOST couples are of similiar attractiveness levels. Most guys who look like slobs (e.g. fat, dress sloppy) are walking around with unattractive looking women.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Belmar2009 said:
Your physical attractiveness level has a PROFOUND impact on your quality of life as this particular researcher explains:

“A person's physical attractiveness -- the look that they're basically born with -- impacts every individual literally from birth to death,” says Dr. Gordon Patzer, dean of the College of Business Administration at Roosevelt University. He's spent 30 years studying and writing about physical attractiveness. “People are valued more who are higher in physical attractiveness. As distasteful at that might be, that's the reality.”

So, you have my vote,...looks matter.

Not to mention, take a look around you. MOST couples are of similiar attractiveness levels. Most guys who look like slobs (e.g. fat, dress sloppy) are walking around with unattractive looking women.
Uh, most men in American and England are walking around with unattractive women! I see plenty of fat slobs in Russia and Ukraine with beautiful young girls. Common site. Hell, part of the culture. It just comes down to the environment you put yourself in. If you are around a lot of gorgeous girls you will eventually get one. That simple. The problem for most on here is that they have a hard enough time finding a girl who isn't overweight, let alone, attractive.